CA lyrics and your life

Gedneil Alpeart

Which CA song lyrics do you relate to most personally?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which CA song lyrics do you relate to most personally?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities
    • Wreckers
    • Headlong
    • BU2B2
    • Wish Them Well
    • Garden

Which of the following song lyrics do you identify with most personally based on life experience or believe most strongly?

For me, BU2B, Wish Them Well, and Garden resonate with me most personally. If I had to choose one, Wish Them Well would hit home the strongest. Forgiveness and letting go have been one of my greatest life challenges and this song REALLY speaks to me in a very good way. I find myself remembering these lyrics a lot when a bad memory or grudgeful feeling comes on and it does help.

Im curious if anyone would choose 7 Cities. If they do, maybe they're into cool10.gif

laugh.gif

Halo Effect. I had a friend who would literally fall for everyone who was even remotely nice to him......no joke. I recently broke off all contact cause he was attaching himself to me......got in between me and my wife.....so bye bye. this is him to a T. It's still a little hard to hear cause I miss him.....ah life.

Mick

Definitely, "The Anarchist," speaks to me most personally, but also, because I drive a truck, "Seven cities of Gold." I have been fortunate to see quite a bit of the US and fair amount of Canada.

I hate the lyrics to Headlong Flight(because I wouldn't want to live my life again), but the song rocks so much that one can't help but overlook them.

I personally relate to both "Wish Them Well" and "The Garden," but at the moment "Wish Them Well" resonates more for me. Letting things go... that's a lesson I need to learn, and struggle with almost daily. I need to "turn my back and walk away" more often than I do, and be okay with it.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 12 2012, 07:42 PM)
Which of the following song lyrics do you identify with most personally based on life experience or believe most strongly?

For me, BU2B, Wish Them Well, and Garden resonate with me most personally. If I had to choose one, Wish Them Well would hit home the strongest. Forgiveness and letting go have been one of my greatest life challenges and this song REALLY speaks to me in a very good way. I find myself remembering these lyrics a lot when a bad memory or grudgeful feeling comes on and it does help.

You don't have to be into cool10.gif to love Seven Cities of Gold. That song is an adventure of EPIC proportions. It is on the shelf of greatness next to the other greats!

good post. Your thoughts on what the lyrics mean to you is insightful. we all have those issues to deal with and if listening to a song, gleaning a seed of wisdom from it, helps you deal with anxieties, doubts, or fears...well, that is one fascinating aspect of what music can do for you!!!

trink39.gif

Great question as I hadn't really thought about it before, but now that I do, I can honestly say that I think NONE of them really relate to my life that closely. Even though I can relate to several songs to an extent, those only touch upon lesser aspects of my life. There is no one song that really defines who I am and where I am very well...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 13 2012, 10:35 AM)
Great question as I hadn't really thought about it before, but now that I do, I can honestly say that I think NONE of them really relate to my life that closely. Even though I can relate to several songs to an extent, those only touch upon lesser aspects of my life. There is no one song that really defines who I am and where I am very well...

Good point. Not everyone will be able to identify with a song on here very closely, but only a little in bits and pieces, or none at all. Maybe for the ones that can, however, that song may take on more significance and amplify their emotional experience. Music is amazing that way.....it can give you so much, but you still have a choice as to how you receive it depending on various intrinsic and extrinsic factors. Hence, so many differing opinions about the same piece.

Caravan. I just moved down to VA about a year ago, starting my life a new. I just can't stop thinking big!

'The Anarchist', simply for the line, "A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage." Gets me every time.

And not to sound sad or anything, but I feel like I can relate to this - I feel like I'm not living out my passion, and that 'missing part of me' is encasing me, preventing me from optimally fulfulling my life. Oh dear, delving too much into sad territory!

The messge of 'Wish Them Well' would be a close second choice. Simple, but carries weight.

The Garden suits me perfectly. I'm at the stage were I know who I am, what I want, and where I'm going. I'm tending my garden, and I've pretty much settled all business with people in my past. All that matters to me is today and tomorrow...... smile.gif

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 12 2012, 07:14 PM)
Definitely Wish Them Well! I've had some people disrespect me in the past and this song helps put it all in perspective.

Good lord if a little disrespect is the worst of it then you're golden.

QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 13 2012, 03:36 PM)
'The Anarchist', simply for the line, "A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage." Gets me every time.

And not to sound sad or anything, but I feel like I can relate to this - I feel like I'm not living out my passion, and that 'missing part of me' is encasing me, preventing me from optimally fulfulling my life. Oh dear, delving too much into sad territory!

If their lives were exotic and strange.... ....we each pay a fabulous price...

Something tells me you just chose a more important mission.

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Jul 13 2012, 03:59 PM)
The Anarchist.

"I lack their smiles and their diamonds,
I lack their happiness and love."

I think I might be depressed.

Consult a professional.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jul 14 2012, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 13 2012, 03:36 PM)

If their lives were exotic and strange.... ....we each pay a fabulous price...

Something tells me you just chose a more important mission.

Getting off main topic here, but:

What is a more important mission than living out one's passion? I think that's the ultimate key to fulfillment. But I'll figure out my important mission some day, or to clarify, how to incorporate my passion into my life, so it's more than just a yearning.

Life's too short for things like "I'll learn to play the guitar later" or "one day I'll get back into creating art" or "My career doesn't reflect the person I am or want to be, but I need the stability". The time is now again, to use a quote from one of my favourite bands as appropriately as I can.

I voted for The Garden, but Wish Them Well, Halo Effect, The Wreckers and BU2B2 have a been a reflection of my life at some point in some small way.

QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 13 2012, 04:36 PM)

The messge of 'Wish Them Well' would be a close second choice. Simple, but carries weight.

Yeah, every time I hear it I get it right in the gut. When Geddy sings that line it reminds me of things I have changed in my life and I am happy to be rid of most of my anger, but that lyric always makes me think back.

BU2B.

The Blind Watchmaker / Dawkins reference in the lyric is obvious but I absolutely adore the vehemence and anger with which "while our loving Watchmaker loves us all to death" is delivered at the end.

Very satisfying delivery of Neil's feelings about faith in religion and neatly sums up how many of us feel about such indoctrinations.

One of the best aspects of the CA storyline IMO.

QUOTE (The Body Electric @ Jul 15 2012, 04:43 PM)
BU2B.

The Blind Watchmaker / Dawkins reference in the lyric is obvious but I absolutely adore the vehemence and anger with which "while our loving Watchmaker loves us all to death" is delivered at the end.

Very satisfying delivery of Neil's feelings about faith in religion and neatly sums up how many of us feel about such indoctrinations.

just when you thought he got everything off his chest with s & a, and almost everyone going into the making of ca thought he was going to move on to something else. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 15 2012, 10:46 PM)
BU2B.

just when you thought he got everything off his chest with s & a, and almost everyone going into the making of ca thought he was going to move on to something else. laugh.gif

I think when you feel you've had to fight against something from the formative years of your life just to make sense of your own existence in your later life, it's easier with individuals than it is with a belief system to "wish them well" heheh wink.gif

QUOTE (The Body Electric @ Jul 15 2012, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 15 2012, 10:46 PM)
BU2B.

I think when you feel you've had to fight against something from the formative years of your life just to make sense of your own existence in your later life, it's easier with individuals than it is with a belief system to "wish them well" heheh wink.gif

what does that have to do with my response? confused13.gif