"My Name Is Mud!" "Mockwork Angels" Sounds Like

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 15 2012, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 13 2012, 04:26 AM)
Wake the F*** UP! This blows that VH record out of the water. :

That is Ridiculous . You can like Rush more than VH and you can think the new Rush is better than new VH but to say "Blown out of the Water " ? You are not comparing S&A with Moving Pictures wink.gif

Both records are excellent!!!

Being a Rush Whore I will probably give my Album Of The Year to "Clockwork Angels" however "Different Kind Of Truth" is easily in my TOP 5 thus far!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another f-ing audiophile thread...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nFIjc2-NDAc/Tw4FqQuNNaI/AAAAAAAAAlU/OhuivJ7u6xc/s1600/worf-startrek-facepalm.gif

If we just pretend to agree with these audio "experts" that come out of the woodwork, will they go away?

Edited by ThinkingBig

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 15 2012, 04:34 PM)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nFIjc2-NDAc/Tw4FqQuNNaI/AAAAAAAAAlU/OhuivJ7u6xc/s1600/worf-startrek-facepalm.gif

If we just pretend to agree with these audio "experts" that come out of the woodwork, will they go away?

defensive much?

Out of the woodwork? Dude, I am a moderator here... Of the audio gear section.

Is it too much to ask for a good sounding album? In this day and age apparently so. The material would sink in much better if it were slightly more listenable.

I dare anyone who listens to CA and likes it listen to any non Rush recording from 1979 or before and tell me which sounds better. If you say CA then you are "drinking the Kool-Aid" and are not listening with your ears.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 15 2012, 08:27 PM)

Is it too much to ask for a good sounding album? In this day and age apparently so. The material would sink in much better if it were slightly more listenable.

I dare anyone who listens to CA and likes it listen to any non Rush recording from 1979 or before and tell me which sounds better. If you say CA then you are "drinking the Kool-Aid" and are not listening with your ears.

You're 100% correct.

It's so hard to pick stuff out of the music like we used to do.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 15 2012, 08:27 PM)

Yep...and that's the problem. So many people drink the kool-aid.

Like I've stated a million times, I like every Rush song...period. Fanboi-ish? Maybe.

But yeah...to me, the mix on CA could be way better. Does it mean I like it any less? Not really...I still LOVE CA. It's a fantastic album that proves the guys still have it. So many awesome songs.

But the mix could be better.

Why do people get so defensive over someone else's opinion? I wish others here would understand that you're not any less of a fan if you simply state something like, 'I wish the mix could be better'.

Don't worry...we still believe you're a fan.

I am an expert punk!

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 15 2012, 05:27 PM)

Well stated my Rush Brother!! I've got your back!!!

These idiot troll fanbois don't have a clue about "The Sound Of Music."

Signed,

Julie Andrews

Every time I read one of your posts I realize how much we have in common my friend.

You going to Maiden at Shoreline? (as I hijack the thread a little)

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 16 2012, 01:24 AM)
Every time I read one of your posts I realize how much we have in common my friend.

You going to Maiden at Shoreline? (as I hijack the thread a little)

Hey buddy! I am a person who could give a fukk about hijacking a thread!

People who complain about hijacking a thread on a fukking public forum are uptight and pathetic!!

A billion Rush fans could hijack my threads and I could care less! Free thought can still exist!!

"Deviate from the norm!!"

"It is what it is!" LOL!

Fukk these little troll punks on this Forum.

I've earned my time and respect on here.

We have more Rush knowledge and Rush concerts under our 2112 belt buckles than most of these frauds!!

IN RUSH WE TRUST!

Signed,

Dave Meniketti

PS: I really want to hit the Maiden show but Wendy has no interest.

I love the "Seventh Son" vibe of the gig but I might just pass!

I have my Kiss and Motley Crue tix though!

I have section 105 Row K for KISS!!! Pumped!!

I might go to Maiden but I would rather save my money for RUSH!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 15 2012, 12:58 AM)
Shit! Is the trink39.gif typing again?

I probably never should have written this thread after only one listen.

I'm slowly giving in.

It will probably be my "ALBUM OF THE YEAR!"

I can't stop playing this record. Ugh!

I need therapy!!!!!

I'm such a Rush Whore!

It feels good to be so dirty! (just like the production of this disc) LOL!

Goodnight!!

RUSH ON!

1022.gif

Open mouth, insert foot= Earl in the wee morning hours, drinking! laugh.gif

Honestly though, you are one of the most enthusiastic Rush fans. It's glad to have another crazy out there like myself trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 16 2012, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 15 2012, 12:58 AM)
Shit!  Is the  trink39.gif typing again?

I probably never should have written this thread after only one listen.

I'm slowly giving in.

It will probably be my "ALBUM OF THE YEAR!"

I can't stop playing this record.  Ugh!

I need therapy!!!!!

I'm such a Rush Whore!

It feels good to be so dirty! (just like the production of this disc)  LOL!

Goodnight!!

RUSH ON!

1022.gif

Open mouth, insert foot= Earl in the wee morning hours, drinking! laugh.gif

Honestly though, you are one of the most enthusiastic Rush fans. It's glad to have another crazy out there like myself trink39.gif trink39.gif

Hahahaha! Hey Cindy! At least I'm easy to figure out!!!

Yep foot in mouth on this thread!!!

Hey life goes on! RUSH RULES FOREVER!!

"It is what it is and whatever............"

Nice sig Cindy!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 16 2012, 12:29 PM)

You don't have to love it, but appreciate the musicianship within. We won't have very many more of these from "the boys" at their age. trink39.gif

The energy in this new album blows me away for their age. I was talking about this with Wendy last night.

They still have a few records in them.

2.gif ON!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 16 2012, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 16 2012, 12:29 PM)

You don't have to love it, but appreciate the musicianship within.  We won't have very many more of these from "the boys" at their age.  trink39.gif

The energy in this new album blows me away for their age. I was talking about this with Wendy last night.

They still have a few records in them.

2.gif ON!

trink39.gif bekloppt.gif

Vapor Trails II (in the thread title) is an abject exaggeration on the highest order, even if the new album is hot. Don't even get me started on the St. Anger comparison. LOLOLOL!!! No amount of EQ tweaking ever helped VT. I still can't discern a single solitary bass line CLEARLY in the mud and muck that is Vapor Trails. I concede that CA is hot, but a little EQ-ing goes a long way towards reducing the issue, as this thread pointed out:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=74989

...and even un-EQ'd, I could always separate Geddy from Alex on CA on even the shittiest computer speaker, let alone in my headphones. VT and CA are not even close to being the same degree of a problem any more than Abe Lincoln looks like Billy Gibbons just because they both wore beards. biggrin.gif (Frank Beards)

Edited by Presto-digitation

The mix could be better. No question.

But this is not a sonic disaster. Far from it.

People actually were flipping at Signals mix back in the day....I mean really flipping out.

Now people realize how warm and fantastic that mix actually was. (not saying CA is warm or a fantastic mix).

Over time I think CA will be fine. It has some unique sounds going on and a very distinctive mood.

The mood of this album is amazing.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 16 2012, 04:25 PM)
Vapor Trails II (in the thread title) is an abject exaggeration on the highest order, even if the new album is hot. Don't even get me started on the St. Anger comparison. LOLOLOL!!! No amount of EQ tweaking ever helped VT. I still can't discern a single solitary bass line CLEARLY in the mud and muck that is Vapor Trails. I concede that CA is hot, but a little EQ-ing goes a long way towards reducing the issue, as this thread pointed out:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=74989

...and even un-EQ'd, I could always separate Geddy from Alex on CA on even the shittiest computer speaker, let alone in my headphones. VT and CA are not even close to being the same degree of a problem any more than Abe Lincoln looks like Billy Gibbons just because they both wore beards. biggrin.gif (Frank Beards)

EXACTLY!! yes.gif

I think the new album is good....but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece as that would be a slap in the face to the real masterpieces they have created in the past...ala Moving Pictures and 2112.

I think it is different than S&A and VT and has a few gems hidden inside just like those two.

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jun 16 2012, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 15 2012, 07:27 PM)
Dude, I am a moderator here... Of the audio gear section.

That's the weakest "Do you know who I am?" I've ever seen.

He said that in response to someone claiming he was not a regular poster and "climbed out of the woodwork."

It's called reading comprehension. Use it next time please.

cool.gif

Pedro! My long, lost friend! How goes it?