"My Name Is Mud!" "Mockwork Angels" Sounds Like

RUSHHEAD666

I must say that I am not impressed with the new Rush album. Many of you have called it a "MASTERPIECE." Even the beloved Duck thinks that the new album is METAL.

Man, I raved about how much I loved "Snakes And Arrows" many years ago and I remember that many of you on this forum absolutely hated that album.

Shit, I remember stating that I thought "Snakes And Arrows" was the greatest Rush record since "Grace Under Pressure."

Oh well let the past remain the past. At this very moment it's all about us Rush fans and fanbois jacking off to the new "Cockwork Angels" album.

Well after one listening I still can't come.

Do I have drunk Rush dick tonight?

Not at all. I like four songs on the new record. The rest are simply muddy swamp going through the motions crap.

I have read on here over the years how many of you bash the "Vapor Trails" production yet what the fukk did Nick do with this new album?

It sounds like the album was recorded underwater.

Neil sounds like he is banging on trashcans inside his garage.

Are the boys influenced by Metallica? Sadly "St. Anger" comes to mind production wise. What an EPIC FAIL comparison!!! DAMN!

I am very sad about this album thus far yet songs like "The Garden," "Headlong Flight," "Seven Cities Of Gold" and "The Wreckers" give me "HOPE!" Get it? LOL! I like the new acoustic intro to BU2B as well but man it is nice to be able to skip the first two songs on the record.

I am sure I jumped the gun and this album will grow on me over time, but after one listening I think this album is mediocre at best.

Geddy can still sing but he is trying too hard. Perhaps Rush should put out an instrumental album in 2015.

BU2B2 is a waste of time, money and energy.

I might save some money on this tour and pull out from L.A. and Vegas.

I never cheat and look at Rush set lists before a tour but I might have to give in this time.

For those of you who know me on this Forum I hope I am just overreacting.

I am sure this album will grow on me and I will fall in love with it.

I am listening to "The Wreckers" over and over again right now. Brilliant.

trink39.gif

Not sure if this is going to be my Album Of Of The Year.

Is it yours? Quite the question to ask on a biased Rush Forum.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 13 2012, 03:59 AM)
I must say that I am not impressed with the new Rush album. Many of you have called it a "MASTERPIECE." Even the beloved Duck thinks that the new album is METAL.

Man, I raved about how much I loved "Snakes And Arrows" many years ago and I remember that many of you on this forum absolutely hated that album.

Shit, I remember stating that I thought "Snakes And Arrows" was the greatest Rush record since "Grace Under Pressure."

Oh well let the past remain the past. At this very moment it's all about us Rush fans and fanbois jacking off to the new "Cockwork Angels" album.

Not at all. I like four songs on the new record. The rest are simply muddy swamp going through the motions crap.

I have read on here over the years how many of you bash the "Vapor Trails" production yet what the fukk did Nick do with this new album?

Are the boys influenced by Metallica? Sadly "St. Anger" comes to mind production wise. What an EPIC FAIL comparison!!! DAMN!

I am very sad about this album thus far yet songs like "The Garden," "Headlong Flight," "Seven Cities Of Gold" and "The Wreckers" give me "HOPE!" Get it? LOL! I like the new acoustic intro to BU2B as well but man it is nice to be able to skip the first two songs on the record.

I am sure I jumped the gun and this album will grow on me over time, but after one listening I think this album is mediocre at best.

Geddy can still sing but he is trying too hard. Perhaps Rush should put out an instrumental album in 2015.

I never cheat and look at Rush set lists before a tour but I might have to give in this time.

I am listening to "The Wreckers" over and over again right now. Brilliant.

trink39.gif

Is it yours? Quite the question to ask on a biased Rush Forum.

laugh.gif

Thing about me is Earl I'm a boring RUSH fan who likes every album more or less, I'm one of the few people who enjoys ALL the albums that people diss regularly on here; VT, S&A, T4E, Presto, HYF even Roll the Bones, they all have a large slab of songs that I think are really good, most of each album in fact, and I can listen to all of them with no skipping!

Am I evil? ph34r.gif

The new one isn't the greatest mix job/mastering job/production job in the world but it doesn't spoil my enjoyment. I prefer if they went in a say a kind of Opeth's Heritage-style organic production direction. There's lots of redent albums that don't have that compressed style of production I dunno why it's popular but there it is...

confused13.gif trink38.gif

So...Clockwork Angels = 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 13 2012, 02:11 AM)
I must say that I am not impressed with the new Rush album.  Many of you have called it a "MASTERPIECE."  Even the beloved Duck thinks that the new album is METAL.

Oh well let the past remain the past.  At this very moment it's all about us Rush fans and fanbois jacking off to the new "Cockwork Angels" album.

Not at all.  I like four songs on the new record.  The rest are simply muddy swamp going through the motions crap. 

Are the boys influenced by Metallica?  Sadly "St. Anger" comes to mind production wise.  What an EPIC FAIL comparison!!!  DAMN!

I am very sad about this album thus far yet songs like "The Garden," "Headlong Flight," "Seven Cities Of Gold" and "The Wreckers" give me "HOPE!"  Get it?  LOL!  I like the new acoustic intro to BU2B as well but man it is nice to be able to skip the first two songs on the record.

Geddy can still sing but he is trying too hard.  Perhaps Rush should put out an instrumental album in 2015.

I am listening to "The Wreckers" over and over again right now.  Brilliant. 

trink39.gif

Is it yours?  Quite the question to ask on a biased Rush Forum.

laugh.gif

Thing about me is Earl I'm a boring RUSH fan who likes every album more or less, I'm one of the few people who enjoys ALL the albums that people diss regularly on here; VT, S&A, T4E, Presto, HYF even Roll the Bones, they all have a large slab of songs that I think are really good, most of each album in fact, and I can listen to all of them with no skipping!

Am I evil? ph34r.gif

The new one isn't the greatest mix job/mastering job/production job in the world but it doesn't spoil my enjoyment. I prefer if they went in a say a kind of Opeth's Heritage-style organic production direction. There's lots of redent albums that don't have that compressed style of production I dunno why it's popular but there it is...

confused13.gif trink38.gif

So...Clockwork Angels = 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

You and I have bonded on this Forum for a reason Pat.

I get it and even though I have ripped "Test For Echo" on here many times if I ever put it on I never skip tracks.

Fukk, I never skip any track when I play a Rush album but that may change since Nick and the boys decided to put "Caravan" and BU2B" as the first two cuts on the record.

Probably did that just to get them out of the way.

Remember buddy, I will always be one of the biggest Rush fans on the earth no matter how negative I am on here.

My newest license plate in California is BU2BYYZ!!! What a true statement in my life!!

Anyway as I type I will say that I am falling for the hype. "The Garden" is excellent.

I don't think I have ever ripped on "Vapor Trails" on this Forum. Sure the production isn't up to par but perhaps that was the way the boys wanted it.

Raw, mono, muddy and sonic. I hear elements of that production in this new record.

Hey again to quote Neil and a cliche, "it is what it is."

I am sure that over time I will fall deeply in love with this album.

Cheers mate!

1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 13 2012, 04:22 AM)
"Am I Evil? yes I am!"

Love,

Diamond Head

FUKK METALLICA!

Metallica sucks...but not as much as Primus. laugh.gif trink38.gif cool10.gif

I'm in slight agreeance, the mix is a bit muddy. Maybe I should try listening to it with something other than earbuds... unsure.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 13 2012, 02:26 AM)
Wake the F*** UP! This blows that VH record out of the water. This is miles ahead of SnA. yes.gif

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Classic Under Pressure!!!

You beat me to it!! I knew you were going to bring up the new Van Halen album!!!

Well played!

I should be in bed yet I am playing the new Rush record over a few more times.

It's growing on me.

Dude, I was going to go to Van Halen in Oakland but since the bullshit of cancelling tours I decided to save my money and not go!

I'm sure I will still hit Vegas and L.A. for Rush. The first listening of the album just rubbed me the wrong way.

My wife Wendy who goes to all of the Rush shows too thought the album was boring.

I am sure you and all who read this post will like the next par though.

Wendy looked me right in the eyes and say, "Earl, you always hate a Rush record after one listening. Then you listen to it over and over and again and you will love it."

Well as many of you know I am a human pattern of the same old same old too! LOL!

Stupid puns and dumb polls!

Life is short and I must say that this album is growing on me like a f***ing weed.

The new Rush record is better than the new Van Halen album.

That's a no brainer amigo!

RUSH ON!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 13 2012, 02:28 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 13 2012, 04:22 AM)
"Am I Evil?  yes I am!"

Love,

Diamond Head 

FUKK METALLICA!

Metallica sucks...but not as much as Primus. laugh.gif trink38.gif cool10.gif

I'm in slight agreeance, the mix is a bit muddy. Maybe I should try listening to it with something other than earbuds... unsure.gif

Hahaha! Right on! Yeah fukk Metallican't! They are done!

Rush and Primus still kick ass!!

I saw the "Roll The Bones" Tour three times!! It was "Heaven Sent!" A DOOKEN song?

LOL!

Rush and Primus together!! It was the best double bill I have ever seen!!

Les was almost in tears during the Oakland show when he talked about how he saw the MP Tour in Oakland and was then blown away that he was opening for RUSH!!!

I saw Les in Oysterhead too with Copeland at The Greek in Berkeley. Claypool's favorite venue in the world.

Again Les was humbled and blown away that he was able to play with Stewart!!

Wow I am hijacking my own Rush thread! Hahahaha!!

It's all good because as I type the new Rush album is really starting to get me "HOT AND READY!"

Love,

UFO 1022.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 13 2012, 05:10 AM)
Sorry bud, can't agree with you here. I think it's a great album and it keeps getting better every time I listen to it. That's okay though, we'll always have Test for Echo to hate together.

laugh.gif

Dare I say it.

Yes I do......

I really like the songs on CA. One or two are a bit so-so, but as a whole it's a great album.

But -

On my modest Hi-Fi system, it "booms" a bit. Now I know that there's a lot going on when these three musicians get going, but there seems to a be an almost constant low-end "hum". No, my connections/amp/CD player are all fine, it's like there's too much low frequency "noise" been left on the recording. Again, some of Geddy's vocals sound like they've been recorded from behind a curtain. Neils drums sound the same. I'm no recording engineer, or Hi-Fi expert, but surely they could have got a "crisper" result. Not as "crisp" as Presto, but something where there is more separation between instruments, and clearer vocals.

Having said that, it isn't awful, but it is slightly fatiguing to listen to at times. And maybe if the recording wasn't so dense, the feel of the album wouldn't be the same.

These problems aren't massive, and as I say, it really is a very good album. I just keep thinking "if only..."

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 13 2012, 04:59 AM)

I am not happy at all with the mix on the drums or Alex's guitar. Ged's bass seems to drown out quite a few key spots. Unlike VT, the songwriting is much better here and the only thing that really keeps this from being a serious contender in a top 5 Rush list is the mix. I hate to say it, but bringing Broon in to help could have elevated this release. But as was suggested already, Steven Wilson would have made this release incredible, especially in 5.1 stereo.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 13 2012, 05:59 PM)
I must say that I am not impressed with the new Rush album.  Many of you have called it a "MASTERPIECE."  Even the beloved Duck thinks that the new album is METAL.

Oh well let the past remain the past.  At this very moment it's all about us Rush fans and fanbois jacking off to the new "Cockwork Angels" album.

Not at all.  I like four songs on the new record.  The rest are simply muddy swamp going through the motions crap. 

Are the boys influenced by Metallica?  Sadly "St. Anger" comes to mind production wise.  What an EPIC FAIL comparison!!!  DAMN!

I am very sad about this album thus far yet songs like "The Garden," "Headlong Flight," "Seven Cities Of Gold" and "The Wreckers" give me "HOPE!"  Get it?  LOL!  I like the new acoustic intro to BU2B as well but man it is nice to be able to skip the first two songs on the record.

Geddy can still sing but he is trying too hard.  Perhaps Rush should put out an instrumental album in 2015.

I am listening to "The Wreckers" over and over again right now.  Brilliant. 

trink39.gif

Is it yours?  Quite the question to ask on a biased Rush Forum.

Suddenly it appears to me

You got a bit much dignity

For your own good, boy

Yes sir, yes sir.

trink38.gif

P.S. I'm picking up CA this Friday. Yesterday I went to the biggest cd shop near me but they had nothing but J-pop, K-pop, enka, Avril Lavigne, Susan Boyle, and Justin Bieber shite. I knew they wouldn't have it! waffen093.gif

I must say that I am not impressed with the new Rush album. Many of you have called it a "MASTERPIECE."

You cant really take comments like that to heart. Hemispheres is a masterpiece. Is this even close to that album? Hell no, but its Rush and their fans throw words around like they dont even mean anything anymore.

I think its a good Rush album at best, better than most of the modern Rush, and thats good enough for me, but does not rank even close to their best albums for various reasons.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 13 2012, 05:28 AM)
One thing about Clockwork Angels it seems a lot shorter than 66 minutes. How many albums that last 60 minutes or over tend to drag towards the end? Quite a few, not this one!

I was just thinking that. The 6 & 7+ minute songs just fly by now! Once we learn the songs the album makes much more sense and becomes increasingly enjoyable. I hear new things everytime through!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif