Don't Like It

earth2112shine

I don't like this album!!

Having been a 2.gif fan since 2112, I never thought I'd say that but there it is.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it is crap or indeed anything negative, all the usual musicianship and song crafting is there, it's just that I don't like the end result.

Don't flame me or anything, I'm just saying how I feel about this one record !

Anyone agree, kind of doubt it like ?

Sorry guys sad.gif

Edited by earth2112shine

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (earth2112shine @ Jun 10 2012, 01:57 PM)
Having been a 2.gif fan since 2112, I never thought I'd say that but there it is.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it is crap or indeed negative, all the usual musicianship and song crafting is there, it's just that I don't like the end result.

Sorry guys sad.gif

No need to apologize. That is how you feel. Just give it some time to sbsorb with the lyrics and see if you like it better. If not, not the end of the world.

QUOTE (earth2112shine @ Jun 10 2012, 07:57 PM)

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it is crap or indeed negative, all the usual musicianship and song crafting is there, it's just that I don't like the end result.

Sorry guys sad.gif

Why should we care? Why would you apologise?

And why start a new thread about it???

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 10 2012, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (earth2112shine @ Jun 10 2012, 07:57 PM)
Having been a  2.gif fan since 2112, I never thought I'd say that but there it is.

Sorry guys  sad.gif

Why should we care? Why would you apologise?

And why start a new thread about it???

just sayin n that

Was wondering how many (if any) felt the same way

Chill

Sorry guys sad.gif

Your username suggests you like VT how do you compare it to that?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 10 2012, 07:09 PM)
Having been a  2.gif fan since 2112, I never thought I'd say that but there it is.

Sorry guys  sad.gif

Your username suggests you like VT how do you compare it to that?

Ha, actually I hate my username, don't ask

I honestly think that I haven't really like a Rush album since and including VT.

Although I do really like The last 5 songs on the VT album.

With regard to Caravan, well none of the songs move me at all frankly confused13.gif

If everyone had the same opinion, the world would be a very boring place. It's natural that someone won't like the album for whatever reason, and that's your opinion, which is perfectly fine.

If anything, I feel sorry for you, that you don't enjoy the album as much as I do laugh.gif

Edited by Unobtrusive Companion

I love Rush, been my favorite band since I was NINE years old in 1981.

43 concerts under my belt

well...just gonna say it...

I do not understand why Geddy does so much with his (old) voice!

Im REALLY struggling with the vocals on this one (CA).

I've listened to every song about 7x.

I just keep finding spots where I cringe.

I'm no singer/musician, but to me it just seems like he's trying to do "too much" for lack of technical words.

musically I like it, and conceptually I LOVE the idea.

I need to step away for a few days...

Sorry guys sad.gif

You are a lone reed.

You are a lone reed standing tall--waving boldly--in the diverse sands of the Rush Forum. tongue.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 10 2012, 03:40 PM)

Sorry guys  sad.gif

You are a lone reed.

You are a lone reed standing tall--waving boldly--in the diverse sands of the Rush Forum. tongue.gif

So many people think that way

You gotta watch what you say

To them and them, and others too

Who don't seem to see to things the way you do

We can only grow the way the wind blows

on a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

We can only go the way the wind blows

We can only bow to the here and now

Or be broken down blow by blow

Sorry guys sad.gif

The nice thing is that you expressed your opinion without belittling the band and the new album's fans. In other words, you were not a douchebag, so trink39.gif to you!

I can see people not liking this album. For me, it's gone from a 5 on the first listen to a 7 currently, and maybe eventually higher. I'm currently spinning it for the 5th time.

Sorry guys sad.gif

Everybody is welcome to feel however they feel about the album, but the most important thing is that you were not a douche about it. trink39.gif

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it is crap or indeed anything negative, all the usual musicianship and song crafting is there, it's just that I don't like the end result.

Sorry guys sad.gif

I guess I have to look at it relative to how long they've been doing this for. For some guys nearing 60 and at the end of their careers, it's a pretty solid album.

Comparing to their best work, 2112, PeW, MP, PoW, not even close to as good. Too many songs just have this sort of safe rock song sound Geddy has been stuck on since at least T4E. Its really not as out there as I thought it would be for a concept album. Really not very different than Vapor Trails.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 10 2012, 05:43 PM)

Sorry guys  sad.gif

I guess I have to look at it relative to how long they've been doing this for. For some guys nearing 60 and at the end of their careers, it's a pretty solid album.

Comparing to their best work, 2112, PeW, MP, PoW, not even close to as good. Too many songs just have this sort of safe rock song sound Geddy has been stuck on since at least T4E. Its really not as out there as I thought it would be for a concept album. Really not very different than Vapor Trails.

Hey where's A Farewell to Kings in that list? And Hemispheres?

ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jun 10 2012, 03:39 PM)
I love Rush, been my favorite band since I was NINE years old in 1981.
43 concerts under my belt

well...just gonna say it...

I do not understand why Geddy does so much with his (old) voice!

Im REALLY struggling with the vocals on this one (CA).
I've listened to every song about 7x.
I just keep finding spots where I cringe.

I'm no singer/musician, but to me it just seems like he's trying to do "too much" for lack of technical words.

musically I like it, and conceptually I LOVE the idea.

I need to step away for a few days...

His vocal abilities are extremely diminished. He's been abusing it for decades through touring and smoking, which he quit but the damage is done.

He's doing the best he can, and something is better than nothing at all, isnt it? I think he sounds dreadful on some of these songs, especially when he tries to sing low and from the heart. He sounds like an old man in those moments, but sometimes he sounds decent too, for his age of course. He's never going to sound like he used to again and he's not going to stop singing the way apparently he likes to sing.

when i first heard the album i had one or two negative thoughts on it even though was kinda generally very good.... now, as each day goes by, the negative thoughts replaced by awe and CA is becoming one of my very favourite rush albums and could even get right up there into top 3

this is rush, and particularly Al, at their best... we dont deserve it.

I wish we could turn trink39.gif < those beers into real beers and have a cheers with you for respectfully stating your own opinion. trink39.gif

Sorry guys sad.gif

That's cool, an obvious humble opinion.

At least you didn't start an entire thread to garner attention or anything like that.