I Don't Care What Anybody Says

presto123

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Jun 10 2012, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jun 10 2012, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 10 2012, 11:24 AM)
Give CA a year (like S&A) and people will come back down to earth a little. I'm willing to bet on this....The album is fresh. Everyone seemed to think S&A was a masterpiece at first too remember? The best album since HYF etc. etc..

This is true. I developed vertigo from all the eye-rolling I was doing reading the posts.

Our excitement can't be genuine? I loved S&A when it came out, and I love it even more now.

I think CA is one of the best Rush albums and I'm sure it will grow on me even more.

Of course it can be. Of course, it is. Never suggested it wasn't. I was agreeing with WC that the excitement of a new album tends to make it better than it is sometimes. Time, puts it in a different perspective. I've been in that position many times over the years with new albums where the new Rush was the best thing ever created. Better than anything they have ever done. A masterpiece. Even though it wasn't even close. I wanted it to be, so I made it that way.

I've been the fanboy, bigtime. Years of it. I actually defended Tai Shan to a DJ once. If that ain't blind loyalty, I don't know what is. laugh.gif

If you love it, you love it. Then its a masterpiece to you. I think WC meant that every time a new album comes out, the excitement causes words to be thrown about like masterpiece and the best since whenever or their best ever, when maybe its just excitement?

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jun 10 2012, 02:52 PM)
Give CA a year (like S&A) and people will come back down to earth a little. I'm willing to bet on this....The album is fresh. Everyone seemed to think S&A was a masterpiece at first too remember? The best album since HYF etc. etc..

This is true. I developed vertigo from all the eye-rolling I was doing reading the posts.

Our excitement can't be genuine? I loved S&A when it came out, and I love it even more now.

I think CA is one of the best Rush albums and I'm sure it will grow on me even more.

Of course it can be. Of course, it is. Never suggested it wasn't. I was agreeing with WC that the excitement of a new album tends to make it better than it is sometimes. Time, puts it in a different perspective. I've been in that position many times over the years with new albums where the new Rush was the best thing ever created. Better than anything they have ever done. A masterpiece. Even though it wasn't even close. I wanted it to be, so I made it that way.

I've been the fanboy, bigtime. Years of it. I actually defended Tai Shan to a DJ once. If that ain't blind loyalty, I don't know what is. laugh.gif

If you love it, you love it. Then its a masterpiece to you. I think WC meant that every time a new album comes out, the excitement causes words to be thrown about like masterpiece and the best since whenever or their best ever, when maybe its just excitement?

I can see this side as well. That's why I started that other thread about the honeymoon period wearing off possibly. I don't think it will for me but we'll see where this board is 6 months or a year down the road. There never was a honeymoon period with me and SnA. I was semi-disappointed from the get go.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 10 2012, 08:57 PM)

I can see this side as well. That's why I started that other thread about the honeymoon period wearing off possibly. I don't think it will for me but we'll see where this board is 6 months or a year down the road. There never was a honeymoon period with me and SnA. I was semi-disappointed from the get go.

was the same for me with sna too, just didn't get it from the get go,still don't. CA captured my attention and continues to grow on me in leaps and bounds, its just amazing biggrin.gif

QUOTE (condemned2bfree @ Jun 10 2012, 03:04 PM)

was the same for me with sna too, just didn't get it from the get go,still don't. CA captured my attention and continues to grow on me in leaps and bounds, its just amazing biggrin.gif

I look forward to Tuesday with restraint. I've purposely not listened to the "unreleased" songs except for Carnies. The link was there, couldn't not click it. Trying to build anticipation that peaks when I can't get the stupid plastic wrap off the case. Carnies was unimpressive on that one listen. unsure.gif

Edited by Pound of Obscure

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jun 10 2012, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (condemned2bfree @ Jun 10 2012, 03:04 PM)

I look forward to Tuesday with restraint. I've purposely not listened to the "unreleased" songs except for Carnies. The link was there, couldn't not click it. Trying to build anticipation that peaks when I can't get the stupid plastic wrap off the case. Carnies was unimpressive on that one listen. unsure.gif

Carnies was one of the last songs to click with me but when it clicked it really clicked. There is a recurring part that reminds me of something off Power Windows. Probably Middletown Dreams or something.

Edited by presto123

In my opinion, CA is already better than 2112 and Hemispheres (as albums, not single episodes as LVS). Only Moving pictures and probably Permanent waves are currently better... but give it time wink.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 10 2012, 03:54 PM)
In my opinion, CA is already better than 2112 and Hemispheres (as albums, not single episodes as LVS). Only Moving pictures and probably Permanent waves are currently better... but give it time wink.gif

Whoa! Now, I love this album. But Hemispheres is an almost flawless gem by these guys. Very bold thing for you to say, my friend!

I cant believe im saying it, but damn CA could be on the level that 2112 is on. Both obviously very different, but wow they both are masterpieces in my opinion. Best Rush album in a very long time, and the most melodic and catchy (in Rush's own way) since...forever? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Flying Finn @ Jun 10 2012, 07:29 AM)
Well 2112 is like 10th best Rush album imo.

It suffers from so called Tarkus syndrome which means great A-side and lackclustering B-side. I do like A Passage to Bangkok though.

haha ELP reference trink39.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 10 2012, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 10 2012, 03:54 PM)
In my opinion, CA is already better than 2112 and Hemispheres (as albums, not single episodes as LVS). Only Moving pictures and probably Permanent waves are currently better... but give it time  wink.gif

Whoa! Now, I love this album. But Hemispheres is an almost flawless gem by these guys. Very bold thing for you to say, my friend!

No, Hemispheres IS flawless yes.gif

CA is not a pathbreaking record. 2112 is. CA REFLECTS more of the current hard rock scene, 2112 CREATED more of the that then current prog rock scene. It's more original and inventive.

That said, I still think CA is a career highlight for Rush........just lovin it more and more!

One point I will make in the CA vs. 2112 debate is this...

2112 dosen't have anything that even remotely resembles The Garden.

That being said I'm not ready to say CA is better than 2112.. ask me in a year and I'll let'cha know.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 10 2012, 04:59 PM)
One point I will make in the CA vs. 2112 debate is this...

2112 dosen't have anything that even remotely resembles The Garden.

That being said I'm not ready to say CA is better than 2112.. ask me in a year and I'll let'cha know.

But CA doesn't have anything that remotely resembles 2112...