Official CA Complaint Dept.

Jaminbenb

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Jun 7 2012, 02:42 PM)
Ok...received the fan pack today...my only complaint is that the "digipack" CD case doesn't fit in my CD rack! It's TOO BIG wtf.gif

I solved this problem by buying a copy that did fit and kept that CD with the Fanpack.

Sweet! I get to complain? Alright then:

Seven Cities of Gold and Clockwork Angels are both horrible songs IMO.

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Jul 8 2012, 06:30 PM)
Sweet! I get to complain? Alright then:

Seven Cities of Gold and Clockwork Angels are both horrible songs IMO.

Seven Cities is pretty bad...but CA? Probably the best off the album IMO...

My only complaint is the number of car wrecks I'm in when I listen to this in my car, from all the air drumming. Rush should know better and should have a warning or something on the CD. Don't even get me started on the wear and tear on my shoes from all the toe-tapping goodness I get from listening to this cd. Shame on you Rush for making to rockin of an album angry.gif 1022.gif angry.gif 1022.gif

Official CA Complaint Dept.

They forgot my fries.

My biggest complaint about the new album is all the new posters that it brought to this forum who really suck monkey balls.

Obviously not all of the new ones do, but the ones who do... REALLY do.

Wow, all the Seven Cities complainers need to go back and listen to the debut and COS. Seven Cities is Rush's 70s blues rock interpreted through their "modern" approach. Seriously, Alex's blues rock riffing and leadwork, Geddy belting out the high notes, trippy fantasy lyrics: what's not to love? I can see complaining about Good News First or Bravest Face, but Seven Cities? confused13.gif Seriously? wtf.gif

My only compaint is that there's definitely something "off" in the mixing or mastering. sad.gif I'm still not sure, but I think CA is simply far too compressed, so the music feels "squeezed" and doesn't have much room to breathe. Even the vinyl suffers from this, though not nearly as bad as the CD. Oh well, at least this should be fixable some time down the road. b_sigh.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 9 2012, 01:18 PM)
Wow, all the Seven Cities complainers need to go back and listen to the debut and COS. Seven Cities is Rush's 70s blues rock interpreted through their "modern" approach. Seriously, Alex's blues rock riffing and leadwork, Geddy belting out the high notes, trippy fantasy lyrics: what's not to love? I can see complaining about Good News First or Bravest Face, but Seven Cities? confused13.gif Seriously? wtf.gif

You know I probably would like it more if it was sung by that 70's Geddy! That would sound awesome!!! tongue.gif 1022.gif

Love CA, and Ged's voice is strong and healthy through out really he never sounded better at least in the last ten years. But this one i think will be a little tough to hit those high notes every other night.

To me it's the weakest link of all the stand out songs from CA .

I'm sure given time I'll change my tune.. smile.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jul 10 2012, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 9 2012, 01:18 PM)
Wow, all the Seven Cities complainers need to go back and listen to the debut and COS.  Seven Cities is Rush's 70s blues rock interpreted through their "modern" approach.  Seriously, Alex's blues rock riffing and leadwork, Geddy belting out the high notes, trippy fantasy lyrics:  what's not to love?  I can see complaining about Good News First or Bravest Face, but Seven Cities? confused13.gif  Seriously? wtf.gif

You know I probably would like it more if it was sung by that 70's Geddy! That would sound awesome!!! tongue.gif 1022.gif

Love CA, and Ged's voice is strong and healthy through out really he never sounded better at least in the last ten years. But this one i think will be a little tough to hit those high notes every other night.

To me it's the weakest link of all the stand out songs from CA .

I'm sure given time I'll change my tune.. smile.gif

CA is no doubt a 'throwback" album in some respects. They certainly revisit the past in most songs. The theme thing etc. However, it's all in a modern context and the nods to the past are only tertiary, whether in lyric or musical form.

I fear this means they that expect this to be their last studio album.

Well....

the Production

The album length. The thing about me....is I hate long albums, from ANY artist. Say your piece and go. And they really could have trimmed a bit off this album. a lot of so-so stuff on here, IMO.

This one is more shallow..but Ged's vocals. Normally I can understand lyrics even through the production. Here could not understand a word except some songs. He's sounding off...even on record.....but again that's just age, so no biggie.

Mick

QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Jul 10 2012, 02:29 PM)
The album length. The thing about me....is I hate long albums, from ANY artist. Say your piece and go. And they really could have trimmed a bit off this album. a lot of so-so stuff on here, IMO.

Actually, for me this is the first album for ages that isn't too long.

Actually, other than the overall production and some minor quibbles with Geddy's voice during some parts of only a couple of songs, I have no complaints whatsoever.

Probably the most "complaint free" Rush album in decades!

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 9 2012, 11:18 AM)

My only compaint is that there's definitely something "off" in the mixing or mastering. sad.gif I'm still not sure, but I think CA is simply far too compressed, so the music feels "squeezed" and doesn't have much room to breathe. Even the vinyl suffers from this, though not nearly as bad as the CD. Oh well, at least this should be fixable some time down the road. b_sigh.gif

goodpost.gif

I really like Seven Cities! I agree with all your other points too.

Sounds too much like 2.gif trying to be 2.gif. I mean, just who do these guys think they are 2.gif? As if.

2.gif would have put the songs in the right order. 2.gif would have done it cooler and faster.

Too many cool 2.gif riffs, fantastic 2.gif grooves, insightful, beautiful and poetic 2.gif lyrics that sound too much like 2.gif

I can hear all of the drums, bass (yes, bass pedals too - my duh), guitars and vocals like they were played by 2.gif

Despite the fact that they advertised it on their last tour, 2.gif doesn't possess a Time Machine and don't play anything like they did in the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s or 2000s.

a gentle (and quite tongue in cheek) pokey.gif to all of the naysayers

smile.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Jul 10 2012, 05:46 PM)
Sounds too much like 2.gif trying to be 2.gif. I mean, just who do these guys think they are 2.gif? As if.

2.gif would have put the songs in the right order. 2.gif would have done it cooler and faster.

Too many cool 2.gif riffs, fantastic 2.gif grooves, insightful, beautiful and poetic 2.gif lyrics that sound too much like 2.gif

I can hear all of the drums, bass (yes, bass pedals too - my duh), guitars and vocals like they were played by 2.gif

Despite the fact that they advertised it on their last tour, 2.gif doesn't possess a Time Machine and don't play anything like they did in the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s or 2000s.

a gentle (and quite tongue in cheek) pokey.gif to all of the naysayers

smile.gif

goodpost.gif

Yeah, I bought Rush's CA - I was hoping to hear more Lady Gaga influence - what's up with that? sarcasm.gif