Clockwork Angels

Nate1647

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE this song - one little detail I think is cool (and haunting!) is at the very end - the whisper. What is being said???

Dear almighty one, the waiting is killing me! But I will resist. This sounds almost too good to be true!

Hopefully I have the fanpack by tomorrow.

"Luck" has it that I got an serious eye infection from my children. So I will be home from work the whole week. I better get the package tomorrow. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 5 2012, 07:02 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 5 2012, 08:34 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 5 2012, 05:21 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 5 2012, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 5 2012, 04:21 AM)
Yes, as this time, it is my favorite song off CA. Not fav Rush tune though. That will take time if it happens. I just can't allow myself to go all in so early on.

Even though I think it's probably the best song on CA, there's no WAY I could call it their best song ever. I mean, we do live in a world where there are songs like Xanadu and La Villa Strangiato and Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions and The Spirit of Radio and YYZ and, well, at least 20 or 25 Rush songs that this song would have to climb over to reach the top spot. As much as I am loving the song, I just don't see that happening. As much as a masterpiece as the song MAY be (too early for me to tell), I still doubt I'll think it's better even than Armor and Sword, which truly is a modern-day masterpiece IMHO...

As yes...perspective. Thank for this Goobs. trink39.gif

I'm more than a little wary of comments like best song ever or best album ever or best album since MP, etc. - when it's literally one or two days after hearing a new album. True perspective takes months, usually years.

That said, it's already apparent to me that this is a great Rush song.

After listening to it maybe 10 times already, it just keeps getting better. It is one of those Rush songs that has so much, you can't grab it all after even 3 listens. My current way of listening is exclusively with the rhythm/beat. I love that 3/4 feel, something Rush hasn't really done enough of in some time. After I fully understand the beat, I want to move on to listening to just Alex.

Gomper and Goober!!

this song was built on those other songs and you can't stop listening to it!!

just admit it!

BEST SONG EVER!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (cygnify @ Jun 5 2012, 02:05 PM)
LOVE this song - one little detail I think is cool (and haunting!) is at the very end - the whisper.  What is being said???

I just increased the volume and listened on audacity i hear " WHAT YOU LACK " or "WHAT TOO LACK". I also tried it in reverse and I could only make out one word and it was the very last word it said "NO"

Edited by RUSHandOSU

This song quite literally made me break out in tears the first time I heard it, mixed with a healthy dose of goosebumps and one or two out-loud utterances of "oh my god..." I know that sounds really melodramatic but it's the truth! Eight hundred billion listens to it later, it's solidified its position as one of the band's masterpieces. It's eerie, haunting, majestic, and aggressive all in turn. It really takes you places.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 5 2012, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 4 2012, 11:30 PM)
I think I've listened to the entire album 5 times now.

Lots of great tracks, but I agree, the title track is the very best one. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif notworthy.gif

I absolutely love this track. Perhaps we wont see the backlash you predicted Goobs?

Hopefully not!

I think those 30-second Italian clips really bummed a lot of people out, including me, but thankfully those were a poor indication of how good the songs actually are to most people! One of those times where I'm really happy to be wrong. yes.gif

Still, it's really early in the game. There was pretty universal love for S&A after it came out, and it took awhile for the backlash with that album.

I love it to bits, but I -think- I prefer The Anarchist overall. I just dig that central bassline / chord progression. Hits my soul for some reason

smile.gif

but CA is CRAZILY GOOD of course biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I'm frustrated with this one because I love it until the blues-y bridge. The song is already a mix of colors, but the bridge seems like one too many crammed in, something that also bugged me on some of the Snakes & Arrows tracks. The song builds up a lot of great intensity and then the bridge is kind of wonky; for me it fizzles very strangely there. Still one of the best songs. The verses are gorgeous.

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Jun 5 2012, 03:25 PM)
a healthy dose of goosebumps

It really takes you places.

I had to break down and hear something else.. to releve the pressure valve. This was the first song I found. Wow.. about half way through I started getting goose bumps, and by the end I was all whoaaa....

The sound was bad, but I could hear one deep tune. I could hear the proggy elements. I didn't hear much blues, but the player did malfunction. This tune will take several listens to begin to digest, but later when the cd comes. I was smiling through the whole thing though smile.gif

Whoa. cool.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 7 2012, 07:55 AM)
this tune is starting to sound really good to me to now. well placed guitar and neil's drumming sounds great and the cymbal work in the beginning very cool.

i knew this was going to happen smile.gif

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jun 5 2012, 02:05 AM)
I might have to say, as of right now anyway, the title track is my pick for best track on the album. I'm in love with the "high above the city square" parts.

Aaahhhhh that part gives me MAD shivers and goosebumps!

wub.gif

Me too, I smiled so big the first time I heard that lyric. It's basically the first time we've heard Geddy start a conceptual story in over 30 years (with a physical setting, anyway)!

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jun 5 2012, 01:36 PM)
Digital Man + Double Agent + Far Cry + Grand Finale = Clockwork Angels

This track is absolutely amazing, my favorite on the album so far and I can't wait to see it live! (I can't imagine they won't play it).

Neil Peart has already said; he hopes the song stays in the set list forever

QUOTE (Na na na @ Jun 7 2012, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jun 5 2012, 01:36 PM)
Digital Man + Double Agent + Far Cry + Grand Finale = Clockwork Angels

This track is absolutely amazing, my favorite on the album so far and I can't wait to see it live! (I can't imagine they won't play it).

Neil Peart has already said; he hopes the song stays in the set list forever

One word to describe this track.....EPIC.