I am going out on a limb here...

vital signz

Seriously? Rush will never win a Grammy, especially in 2012. Im thinking that shit pop song, "Call me, Maybe" will most likely win the grammy z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Music nowadays is literally disgraceful and makes me feel sorry for the future of humanity.

Much as I would love to see the boys win a Grammy, I highly doubt it will happen. They are by no means mainstream enough to even warrant a glancing nod. But that's fine by me - I can't stand 99% of the stuff that does win Grammy awards, lol.

QUOTE (P-Tor @ Jun 1 2012, 08:55 PM)
We haven't even heard the bloody album yet and we're already giving them a Grammy??? facepalm.gif

rofl3.gif

Rush fans, you know?

We'd give the boys every music award there is.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 1 2012, 10:36 PM)
If you played the first 30 seconds of each Rush song all the way back to The 80's I doubt there would be such a reaction from each of us to what we are hearing from Walmart here and even more interestingly, Chris's (MiTA) compilation of how incredible this sounds and how well the songs flow given the theme and intros to each song.

It is more exciting to me to hear this than any other album I can remember.

Maybe it won't happen, but I am predicting, yes, even with just these soundbites, that this album, with its theme and awesomeness that we are getting a peek into the window, will get a Grammy nod, and hell could win the best Rock Album of The Year.

I think the Grammy Awards are largely a joke mind you, but Rush may actually get something they have deserved all the way back since YYZ lost out on best instrumental to The Police's Behind My Camel.

I think they will clean up in all possible Awards out there this year.

This Clockwork Angels Tour will be unbelievable. Think of the possibilities with the theme here.

You're on acid.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 2 2012, 08:25 AM)
If you played the first 30 seconds of each Rush song all the way back to The 80's I doubt there would be such a reaction from each of us to what we are hearing from Walmart here and even more interestingly, Chris's (MiTA) compilation of how incredible this sounds and how well the songs flow given the theme and intros to each song.

Maybe it won't happen, but I am predicting, yes, even with just these soundbites, that this album, with its theme and awesomeness that we are getting a peek into the window, will get a Grammy nod, and hell could win the best Rock Album of The Year.

I think the Grammy Awards are largely a joke mind you, but Rush may actually get something they have deserved all the way back since YYZ lost out on best instrumental to The Police's Behind My Camel.

This Clockwork Angels Tour will be unbelievable.  Think of the possibilities with the theme here.

You're on acid.

waffen093.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 2 2012, 08:25 AM)

This Clockwork Angels Tour will be unbelievable.  Think of the possibilities with the theme here.

You're on acid.

Well, ...there's...that...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 2 2012, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (P-Tor @ Jun 1 2012, 08:55 PM)
We haven't even heard the bloody album yet and we're already giving them a Grammy???  facepalm.gif

rofl3.gif

Rush fans, you know?

We'd give the boys every music award there is.

I love it when we agree on things...

hug2.gif

laugh.gif

Ok all you naysayers.

Lets revisit my thread.

I still say there's a big f***ing shot at this.

This album is awesome. In fact, the whole damn record is simply a masterpiece.

Compared to anything in two decades, its their best.

Every listen is that much better.

Christ this record is unbelievable.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 5 2012, 04:51 AM)
Ok all you naysayers.

Lets revisit my thread.

Admittedly, the album is a lot better than I thought it would be, but just because an album deserves a grammy doesn't mean it will win one, or even get nominated. It's a pleasant thought, but I still say you're really reaching here...

Cheer up, fellas.

It's a done deal, I already made some calls. I know a guy who knows a guy. We're gonna have a siddown with Mr. Grammy and make him an offer he can't refuse... if you know what I mean.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 5 2012, 07:04 AM)
If they couldn't get one for Moving Pictures, then they sure as hell will never get it.

applaudit.gif

Ok all you naysayers.

Lets revisit my thread.

Dude, I share your enthusiasm and can confidently delare that this is their best album since Moving Pictures, but The Grammy's are clueless.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 5 2012, 02:10 PM)
Ok all you naysayers.

Lets revisit my thread.

Dude, I share your enthusiasm and can confidently delare that this is their best album since Moving Pictures, but The Grammy's are clueless.

This album will get them inducted into the RRHoF.

I hope not. no.gif F--k the RRHoF. They don't deserve to have Rush in there.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 5 2012, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 5 2012, 02:10 PM)
Ok all you naysayers.

Lets revisit my thread.

This album will get them inducted into the RRHoF.

I hope not. no.gif F--k the RRHoF. They don't deserve to have Rush in there.

goodpost.gif

The new Van Halen album got nothing but stellar reviews, the fans love it, and at least as of the last time I checked around six weeks ago it was the second best selling new album of this year (which still isn't saying much) behind a compilation. Van Halen is way more mainstream than Rush is and I'd argue even they won't have a chance to get noticed by the Grammys. Rush will be flat out ignored simply because of who they are and the album likely won't even get a listen. It's just the way it is. Besides, I think anybody but Rush fans would say it sounds just like all their other records. Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 5 2012, 01:08 PM)
No chance.

Coldplay will sweep the grammys because, you know, they rock so hard and stuff wacko.gif

Well duh...

nasty.gif

Coldplay>Rush of course. Everybody knows that sarcasm.gif