What Date Will The Leak Happen?

presto123

When will Clockwork Angels leak to internet?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. When will Clockwork Angels leak to internet?

• May 16
    • May 17
    • May 18
    • May 19
    • May 20
    • May 21
    • May 22
    • May 23
    • May 24
    • May 25
    • May 26
    • May 27
    • May 28
    • May 29
    • May 30
    • May 31
    • June 1
    • June 2
    • June 3
    • June 4
    • June 5
    • June 6
    • June 7
    • June 8
    • June 9
    • June 10
    • June 11
    • Won't leak at all

My guess is June 9. Everybody take a stab just for fun and we'll see who is right. wink.gif This thread is not meant to encourage anyone to steal the record. dazed025.gif If it does leak and you download please do the right thing and purchase the record after release. yes.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the singles leaked. The rolling stone thing was obviously calculated since Rush instantly endorsed it on their FB page. If anything, it will leaks a day or two before release because someone who owns a record shop opened the box before they were supposed to. Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 16 2012, 06:26 PM)
There's no doubt that it will leak for Americans since it's released in Germany on June 9th.

Good point. I hadn't even considered that. Good thing I voted June 9. tongue.gif

There's no doubt that it will leak for Americans since it's released in Germany on June 9th.

That's great for Germans, but how will we Americans understand the lyrics? No sprechen sie Deutsch. confused13.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 16 2012, 09:47 PM)
It already leaked. Look at the thread below!

confused13.gif

There will be tons of fake leak torrents before the real leak happens. The fakes are usually pretty easy to spot. With the Madonna record in March tracks were slowly leaking one at a time. Not sure how that happened. confused13.gif The new Garbage leaked 17 days before release date so you never know.

Well the other night, just Like clock work my date picked me up in her Dodge caravan with the HealDong advertising on the side , and long story short

I leaked all over the place!

ohmy.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 16 2012, 08:01 PM)

That's great for Germans, but how will we Americans understand the lyrics? No sprechen sie Deutsch. confused13.gif

rofl3.gif

Wait, you are joking right? If not, then

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Sorry but album leak threads are kind of a turn off for me. People who torrent are watching for it and they'll have it when it's leaked (yes I've been guilty) but why bring it up on here? It just opens the door for other people to get into torrenting..

Torrents are great for old or hard to find music and movies but I don't want rush's new album to be leaked.. This our band!

Besides, if I read on here that it's leaked I won't be able to resist downloading it! lol

I voted June 5th which is exactly a week before the release date because that's usually about when most albums leak. I can't believe nine people have voted for "won't leak at all" and that option is winning. Some people still really have no idea how the whole album leaking thing goes.

Albums will always leak now. Weather or not it's a marketing strategy from the record companies to create more hype by letting people hear it before they can buy it, or more than likely by some insider who uploads an advanced copy on to the internet. There's no way it doesn't happen now especially when it's a well known band like Rush who's on a major label.

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 17 2012, 03:57 AM)
The album will be leaked before the end of this weekend.

I agree with this. I honestly don't think Rush or Roadrunner care if it leaks. In fact, they may "leak" it themselves.

The band makes a very small amount on legitimate album sales. They just don't do multiplatinum studio CD's. The money for them is in the touring, and merchandise. And, the more people that get the album, legit or otherwise, the more will want to see them tour.

And, if the album is good, Rush will be in more demand, meaning more touring, more appearances, more licensing opportunities, etc. Any buzz created will be good, even if its from people downloading the thing from torrent sites. And, that would even drive up the legitimate sales.

A $3 increase in ticket prices will net them more profit than if they sold 100,000 more copies of the album. As the release date nears, and more people have the actual album - reviewers, warehouses, printers, radio stations, etc. - it's not worth the extra cost and effort it takes to prevent the leak at some point.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ May 17 2012, 07:45 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 17 2012, 03:57 AM)
The album will be leaked before the end of this weekend.

I agree with this. I honestly don't think Rush or Roadrunner care if it leaks. In fact, they may "leak" it themselves.

The band makes a very small amount on legitimate album sales. They just don't do multiplatinum studio CD's. The money for them is in the touring, and merchandise. And, the more people that get the album, legit or otherwise, the more will want to see them tour.

And, if the album is good, Rush will be in more demand, meaning more touring, more appearances, more licensing opportunities, etc. Any buzz created will be good, even if its from people downloading the thing from torrent sites. And, that would even drive up the legitimate sales.

A $3 increase in ticket prices will net them more profit than if they sold 100,000 more copies of the album. As the release date nears, and more people have the actual album - reviewers, warehouses, printers, radio stations, etc. - it's not worth the extra cost and effort it takes to prevent the leak at some point.

I just don't see it being leaked that far in advance. It's very unusual for album to get out that far ahead of time now. At the earliest it will leak a week and a half to two weeks before, but I think a week ahead is the most logical time frame.