06 - Best Song From Hemispheres

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1224 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Cygnus X-1: Book Two - Hemispheres
    • Circumstances
    • The Trees
    • La Villa Strangiato

This was tough because this entire album kicks ass. It is my number 2 right behind Caress. I love side one. The trees is magic. LVS? one of the best ever. But...The bass line and the vocals are so contrary to the bass line, but he pulled it off live. That was amazing. I can't get enough of this song!

Like many others, I had a hard time deciding on this one, primarily between Cygnus Book II and La Villa Strangiato, both of which I love and feel are among the band's best songs. The only way I ended up deciding was seeing which one had fewer votes and giving my support to that one.

Hemispheres gets my vote. I'm not sure if it's my favorite Rush song because it's too hard for me to pick that but it's damn sure close to it. La Villa in a very close second as it's the best instrumental of all time and the single finest display of musicianship i've ever heard.

I have to go with "The TREES"...one of the first songs, I learned on guitar.I LIKE To climb them now..trees,not guitars.

Hemispheres, but the whole album just Does. Not. Stop. I am (I think) unusually fond of most of their later stuff; like I listen to PoW and Presto and their bootlegs all the damn time; but nothing can bump Hemi out of its top spot for me.

I love all four of these songs.. but in the end I picked Cygnus X-1 Book II.. just 'cause I think it's so gosh-darned epic.

But of course LA VILLAAAAA is ten minutes of amazing.

"The Trees" is just amusing.

...And "Circumstances" is also amusing, only because I try to sing along and I fail. But it's also very epic. <3