Who's your favourite member of Rush?

Mika

Who's your favourite member of Rush?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favourite member of Rush?

• Neil
    • Alex
    • Geddy

Ok, I was thinking earlier how with The Beatles during Beatlemania, each band member had a 'fan identity' - Paul the cute one, John the sarcastic, artistic one, George the quiet one, and Ringo the happy-go-lucky one.

My mind drew a (somewhat far-fetched) parallel to Rush, with, say, Neil as the introspective, literate one, Alex as the friendly, funny goofball, and Geddy as the easy-going, softly witty one. Of course, there are other defining parameters, too, like each members' prowess on their respective instruments!

So, for whatever reason you like, which is your favourite Rush member?

Geddy is a boss, but I voted for Alex for the following reasons:

1) My name is also Alex.

2) Alex plays guitar. So do I. He is also a guitar legend and thus AWESOME.

3) Alex is HILARIOUS.

They are all excellent musicians and Rush would not exist without any one of them.

Neil- so intense and intelligent and perfect at what he does. blazing eyes.

Geddy- so mild mannered, how can such a gentle soul produce such bad-ass music?. great hair

Alex- fun and cool, the definite underdog as far as respect and recognition goes. Takes more than his share of unfair criticisms and blame. great smile

fists crying.gif Don't make me choose!

OK, I choose heart.gif Alex wub.gif heart.gif because first and foremost I am a sucker for a killer guitarist.

This fangirl stuff doesn't hurt my street creds around here does it?

I'm a guitarist, so of course I'm voting for the underrated Lifeson. Gotta love his sense of humor and his willingness to take a backseat not just for a few songs here and there but for an entire stretch of albums (and he still delivered some really cool stuff for those albums).

When I see polls like this I simply ask myself if I could be friends with anyone of them.

I think I could with all three for a variety of reasons, but I think I'd get along best with Alex because our humour is similar and we could likely riff off each other easily.

But all three seem like decent funny guys who'd be great fun to hang with.

I picked Neil because I am also an introvert and I enjoy his lyrics a lot. He also inspired me to want to play the drums. (Unfortunately my sister ruined that for me by telling me I couldn't play drums because I didn't play piano and my mom was too cheap so I got stuck with a hand me down flute instead...)

Geddy (obviously). I love his voice, how he looks/his expression (his smile makes my day every day), his bounciness onstage vs. his normally calm demeanor, and his casual wardrobe that still looks like a million bucks. I also love all the little things I find we have in common - everything from huge 80's glasses to a deep love of potato chips to having Power Windows as our favorite album. Of course, his differences with me are cool too - I don't know anything about baseball or wine, but he has me more intrigued than I'd otherwise be. I also can't multitask for anything, so to see him do what he does, and Rush do what they do with only three people, is nothing short of completely amazing to watch.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 15 2012, 10:22 PM)
Geddy ..... having Power Windows as our favorite album.

PoW is Geddy's favorite album?

The man's got taste! laugh.gif

Don't really have a favorite but I sometimes think of Neil as the hard working stern father and Ged and Al are his two playful/rowdy kids.. Probably because their personalties.

I think Neil's a year older too so it totally fits tongue.gif

The one I can relate too the most personality wise though is Neil

Edited by MMCXII

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 15 2012, 09:22 PM)
Geddy (obviously). I love his voice, how he looks/his expression (his smile makes my day every day), his bounciness onstage vs. his normally calm demeanor, and his casual wardrobe that still looks like a million bucks. I also love all the little things I find we have in common - everything from huge 80's glasses to a deep love of potato chips to having Power Windows as our favorite album. Of course, his differences with me are cool too - I don't know anything about baseball or wine, but he has me more intrigued than I'd otherwise be. I also can't multitask for anything, so to see him do what he does, and Rush do what they do with only three people, is nothing short of completely amazing to watch.

goodpost.gif Well said, I agree 100%.

This is torture!

I love Geddy and admire the hell out of him: bass, vocals, keys -- all at once!? Holy crap! And he seems to be such a laid-back guy, funny and smart. And we share a love of collecting.

I love Neil because he's a lot like me: stoic and intellectual but with a big heart. He's such a perfectionist, both at drums and words. His sense of humor is more sly but it's there. Plus, he's my boss.

But I had to vote for Alex. Not only because I think he's amazingly sexy and funny but because he lets his band mates shine. He's not a pushy lead guitar player (like some I know), he doesn't try to steal the spotlight. He serves the SONG, not himself. Also because he is always doing something to help others: the Canadian Kidney Assoc. and Grapes For Humanity are just 2 examples. Add that silly sense of humor and the megawatt grin and it's all over for me. wub.gif