Stilted GF removes ex-BF's teeth

GeddyRulz

Yeah, I saw this story.

That woman did a very sick and horrible thing and deserves jail.

At the same time, how stupid of the guy to go to her for dental work. Seriously dude?

Eh, I've heard some pretty bad and messed up revenge stories but this one's one of the sickest ones. She really went TOO far. I do feel sorry for the guy, but at the same time, I think he's an idiot for seeking dental care from his ex. I mean weren't there other dentists who work in her office that could have helped him instead?

This is a pretty awful thing but its really hard to feel sorry for the guy.

It's pretty f***ing stupid to go to a jilted ex lover and let them put you under anesthesia. The guy already had a new gf days after their breakup, so clearly his ex gf wasn't exactly happy.

I'm totally on the guy's side, and can even imagine myself going to an ex for dental work. Perhaps it's foolish, I'm trusting that way.

In my world, exes handle the end of relationships like adults. They don't act petty, psychotic, and seek violent revenge on their exes. They don't key their ex's car, slash their ex's tires, try to run them over, or remove all their teeth. If someone's not right for you, you break up and stay away from each other. If you DO see each other again, you act like civilized adults, not raging 8th graders with homicidal tendencies.

I know in White Trash World (think Tonya Harding) it's different: two crazy people in a dysfunctional relationship break-up, begin a back-and-forth series of physically aggressive revenge tactics, then often MAKE-UP and begin the dysfunctional cycle again. I don't understand such relationships.

Maybe he was stupid to go to her for dental work, but he probably trusted that she'd put the personal thing aside and act professional. She didn't.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 1 2012, 08:57 PM)
Maybe he was stupid to go to her for dental work, but he probably trusted that she'd put the personal thing aside and act professional.  She didn't.

Then again, maybe he had so little respect for her that he didn't consider the possibility of her having the courage to hurt him. Or, he was so full of himself that he didn't think she had any valid reason to hurt him.

In any case, they are both idiots. He has no teeth, and she has no job....and she's most likely going to prison. I hope they're both happy..... fing.gif fing.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 1 2012, 09:10 PM)
Then again, maybe he had so little respect for her that he didn't consider the possibility of her having the courage to hurt him.  Or, he was so full of himself that he didn't think she had any valid reason to hurt him.

What she did wasn't courageous... it was a petty and cowardly act. And unless he was some kind of sadistic freak who beat her, she didn't have a valid reason to hurt him like that. I dunno.... maybe he was a sadistic freak. confused13.gif

I'm not saying "go her! awesome!" She's also an idiot for ruining her career and going to prison over something so stupid. Also you have to be a pretty sick person to just lose it and pull every single tooth.

I'm just saying, I have no sympathy for the dude either.

This is just sick. But really, as others have pointed out, the LAST dentist I'd choose to go to would be the person I just dumped.

I could maybe understand giving the dude a root canal (if that was what he needed) and holding back on the lidocaine a teeny bit. laugh.gif

Stories like these do not boost my confidence; I need a new dentist since mine (who got me mostly over the fear of the Chair) has retired. fists crying.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 2 2012, 11:27 AM)
I'm not saying "go her! awesome!" She's also an idiot for ruining her career and going to prison over something so stupid. Also you have to be a pretty sick person to just lose it and pull every single tooth.

He dumped her. Big deal. Everyone has been dumped. But most people don't yank all the teeth out of their ex. Jesus Christ.

This is one of the reasons why in Canada (not sure about the US) that a medical professional can't work on their spouses. It's a big transference issue and things like this can happen.

On a side note... he's an idiot.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 1 2012, 08:27 PM)

No sympathy for the guy? There's *nothing* else known about the story - we don't know if he beat her, we don't know if he was the greatest guy ever. We don't know if she cheated on him and he found out, leading to him dumping her for someone else. We don't know who was to blame in the ending of the relationship other than he was the one that broke it off.

So, in the absence of any other information, the only thing we know for sure is that this guy made an error in judgment about his ex being able to maintain her professionalism - heck, for all he knew, maybe she was fine with the breakup. Maybe she acted all cool and aloof at the time and there was no giant fight that would have raised a red flag to him.

In the absence of any other information, the only mistake this guy made was walking into a dentist's office.

And for that, he deserves to have all his teeth removed?

I have a tremendous amount of sympathy for the guy. Maybe if something comes to light, like he used to beat her or something, I'll have less. But right now, the only thing he appears to be guilty of is misjudging his obviously psycho ex-girlfriend.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 2 2012, 09:28 AM)
This is one of the reasons why in Canada (not sure about the US) that a medical professional can't work on their spouses. It's a big transference issue and things like this can happen.

On a side note... he's an idiot.

goodpost.gif

Love can affect people in so many good and bad ways. It affects our judgement, our logic, and our behavior. If a doctor is operating on a spouse or lover, emotions can wreak havoc....even if the couple is in marital bliss, and everything is wonderful. They don't have to be fighting to have their emotions affect their professionalism.

And during those times when there is hostility, breakups, and divorce, that love can turn instantly into anger and hate, and a doctor or medical professional should never go near the sig. other. Never. no.gif Not even the most trained and experienced professionals are immune from letting their emotions affect their actions.

A large % of people in this world are sick and demented. It has been this way since the beginning of time and will be until we are no longer here... unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

That is my philosophy for today, carry on! bolt.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 2 2012, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 1 2012, 08:27 PM)

No sympathy for the guy? There's *nothing* else known about the story - we don't know if he beat her, we don't know if he was the greatest guy ever. We don't know if she cheated on him and he found out, leading to him dumping her for someone else. We don't know who was to blame in the ending of the relationship other than he was the one that broke it off.

So, in the absence of any other information, the only thing we know for sure is that this guy made an error in judgment about his ex being able to maintain her professionalism - heck, for all he knew, maybe she was fine with the breakup. Maybe she acted all cool and aloof at the time and there was no giant fight that would have raised a red flag to him.

In the absence of any other information, the only mistake this guy made was walking into a dentist's office.

And for that, he deserves to have all his teeth removed?

I have a tremendous amount of sympathy for the guy. Maybe if something comes to light, like he used to beat her or something, I'll have less. But right now, the only thing he appears to be guilty of is misjudging his obviously psycho ex-girlfriend.

trink39.gif

I especially agree with this part:

But right now, the only thing he appears to be guilty of is misjudging his obviously psycho ex-girlfriend.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

That's my take on it, too.

He's only guilty of trusting that his ex was a mature adult and not a vengeful psycho hosebeast. He was wrong, but doesn't deserve what happened to him for his mis-judgement.

Big sympathy here. I also TRUST people. Maybe too much. But that's still a GOOD thing.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 1 2012, 04:01 PM)
Machowiak is reportedly under investigation by the prosecutor for medical malpractice and abusing the trust of a patient.

Ya think?

laugh.gif

I know of a local dentist who used the state controlled substance database to try to win custody of her kids from her x. She got in some pretty deep trouble for that.

He must have been pretty drugged up not to notice his teeth were missing immediately after the appointment.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 1 2012, 09:28 PM)
This is just sick. But really, as others have pointed out, the LAST dentist I'd choose to go to would be the person I just dumped.

I could maybe understand giving the dude a root canal (if that was what he needed) and holding back on the lidocaine a teeny bit. laugh.gif

Stories like these do not boost my confidence; I need a new dentist since mine (who got me mostly over the fear of the Chair) has retired. fists crying.gif

Utah isn't that long of a drive. cool.gif

facepalm.gif Well....if your polish enough to go to your dentist Ex-girlfriend for a toothache...

you probably deserve to have your teeth pulled by her also...

Not exactly the smartest action to take...Just sayin'.. unsure.gif

ohmy.gif wacko.gif