Stilted GF removes ex-BF's teeth

GeddyRulz

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ May 2 2012, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ May 1 2012, 09:28 PM)
This is just sick.  But really, as others have pointed out, the LAST dentist I'd choose to go to would be the person I just dumped. 

I could maybe understand giving the dude a root canal (if that was what he needed) and holding back on the lidocaine a teeny bit.  laugh.gif

Stories like these do not boost my confidence; I need a new dentist since mine (who got me mostly over the fear of the Chair) has retired.  fists crying.gif

Utah isn't that long of a drive. cool.gif

Neither is Atlanta. I think my living room is large enough for you to work. It's bigger than those teeny cubicles in most dentist's offices. Somehow you guys manage to cram a chair, tool cabinets, an x-ray machine (I don't have one of those - you'll have to bring yours) and a dentist + assistant. Pretty good use of space.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 2 2012, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 1 2012, 08:27 PM)
I'm not saying "go her! awesome!" She's also an idiot for ruining her career and going to prison over something so stupid. Also you have to be a pretty sick person to just lose it and pull every single tooth.

I'm just saying, I have no sympathy for the dude either.

No sympathy for the guy? There's *nothing* else known about the story - we don't know if he beat her, we don't know if he was the greatest guy ever. We don't know if she cheated on him and he found out, leading to him dumping her for someone else. We don't know who was to blame in the ending of the relationship other than he was the one that broke it off.

So, in the absence of any other information, the only thing we know for sure is that this guy made an error in judgment about his ex being able to maintain her professionalism - heck, for all he knew, maybe she was fine with the breakup. Maybe she acted all cool and aloof at the time and there was no giant fight that would have raised a red flag to him.

In the absence of any other information, the only mistake this guy made was walking into a dentist's office.

And for that, he deserves to have all his teeth removed?

I have a tremendous amount of sympathy for the guy. Maybe if something comes to light, like he used to beat her or something, I'll have less. But right now, the only thing he appears to be guilty of is misjudging his obviously psycho ex-girlfriend.

When did I ever say that he deserved it? I just said I have no sympathy for him.

The dude already had a new girl who dumped him for not having all his teeth...so he had a new girl and went to the chick he dumped days later...to do mouth surgery on him.

Sorry but when you're that stupid, you're kind of asking for it.

Is it really that hard to find a dentist whom you haven't slept with recently?

EDIT: And as for trusting people, just don't. Especially not someone you've slighted recently.

Edited by GeddyLeefan2112

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 2 2012, 10:53 PM)
I'm not saying "go her! awesome!" She's also an idiot for ruining her career and going to prison over something so stupid. Also you have to be a pretty sick person to just lose it and pull every single tooth.

No sympathy for the guy? There's *nothing* else known about the story - we don't know if he beat her, we don't know if he was the greatest guy ever. We don't know if she cheated on him and he found out, leading to him dumping her for someone else. We don't know who was to blame in the ending of the relationship other than he was the one that broke it off.

So, in the absence of any other information, the only thing we know for sure is that this guy made an error in judgment about his ex being able to maintain her professionalism - heck, for all he knew, maybe she was fine with the breakup. Maybe she acted all cool and aloof at the time and there was no giant fight that would have raised a red flag to him.

In the absence of any other information, the only mistake this guy made was walking into a dentist's office.

I have a tremendous amount of sympathy for the guy. Maybe if something comes to light, like he used to beat her or something, I'll have less. But right now, the only thing he appears to be guilty of is misjudging his obviously psycho ex-girlfriend.

When did I ever say that he deserved it? I just said I have no sympathy for him.

The dude already had a new girl who dumped him for not having all his teeth...so he had a new girl and went to the chick he dumped days later...to do mouth surgery on him.

EDIT: And as for trusting people, just don't. Especially not someone you've slighted recently.

Everything you're saying boils down to "he deserved it". Can't you see that? Your entire premise is that because he was so stupid, he got what he deserved, because (in your words) he was asking for it.

We don't know anything else about the situation, so the only logical conclusion that can be drawn is that the only mistake he made was misjudging this psychotic woman. He thought, for whatever reason (like I said earlier) that he would be safe going to her for dental care. He thought that she could be a professional. Turns out, not so much.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 3 2012, 07:30 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 2 2012, 10:53 PM)

Everything you're saying boils down to "he deserved it". Can't you see that? Your entire premise is that because he was so stupid, he got what he deserved, because (in your words) he was asking for it.

We don't know anything else about the situation, so the only logical conclusion that can be drawn is that the only mistake he made was misjudging this psychotic woman. He thought, for whatever reason (like I said earlier) that he would be safe going to her for dental care. He thought that she could be a professional. Turns out, not so much.

My whole premise is that he was really really stupid to go to a woman he just broke up with for another girl DAYS BEFORE to get mouth surgery, and that fact makes it really hard for me to sympathize with the guy. I mean it just kind of screams douchebag. Why would you want to even see someone you just broke up with...especially when you already have a new girlfriend? That would be the most awkward thing ever...and then to top it all off she gets to put you under. Yeah. Totally sound decision there.

I kind of resent the fact that you think I'm saying he deserved this to happen to him because for f**k's sake he got all his teeth removed. That's pretty sick.

I just don't get the mindset that you would trust someone you so recently slighted to do ANYTHING...let alone MOUTH SURGERY. I mean, come on!

Article commenter noted: "At least he didn't ask for a vasectomy."

user posted image

Truer words were never spoken.

QUOTE (ioc @ May 3 2012, 02:05 PM)
Article commenter noted: "At least he didn't ask for a vasectomy."
user posted image
Truer words were never spoken.

I'm sure she would have performed that procedure with relish. laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 3 2012, 12:57 PM)
If you prod a lion, you're asking to get mauled. But I would never say someone who prods a lion deserves to get mauled.

Now I disagree with this! laugh.gif

Lions aren't sentient beings with free will and a conscience. They act on instinct. They WILL kill you. A few years ago, a guy in Kiev, Russia, climbed into the lion's exhibit at the zoo, expecting God to save him. Walked right up to the lions, he did. The lions killed him, and he did deserve it. yes.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 3 2012, 01:23 PM)
If you prod a lion, you're asking to get mauled. But I would never say someone who prods a lion deserves to get mauled.

Lions aren't sentient beings with free will and a conscience. They act on instinct. They WILL kill you. A few years ago, a guy in Kiev, Russia, climbed into the lion's exhibit at the zoo, expecting God to save him. Walked right up to the lions, he did. The lions killed him, and he did deserve it. yes.gif

Well that's what I mean. It's incredibly stupid to mess with a lion. But I wouldn't say yeah guy deserves to die for being an idiot.

Kiev is the capital of Ukraine, independant of the old USSR since 1991. smile.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 4 2012, 09:01 AM)

Kiev is the capital of Ukraine, independant of the old USSR since 1991. smile.gif

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

Dammit, I KNEW that!! Brain fart on my part!! laugh.gif laugh.gif