Which epic do you most want revived for CA Tour??

Alchemical

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which epic do you most want revived for CA Tour??

• By-Tor and the Snow Dog
    • The Necromancer
    • The Fountain of Lamneth
    • 2112 (FULL song!)
    • Xanadu
    • Cygnus X-1: Book I - The Voyage
    • Cygnus X-1: Book II - Hemispheres
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • Natural Science

Xanadu and Natural Science are the only two I care to hear in concert at all, and since Natural Science has gotten a lot of love over the past several tours, I'm going with Xanadu.

I can live the rest of my life quite happily not having to sit through portions of 2112 again, like I did in '96. Parts of it are brilliant. Much of the middle is... not.

Cygnus is a good concert length, but the music doesn't kick in for nearly 2 minutes (and Geddy can't sing it anyway). Hemispheres is way too long for the live show I prefer. I'd rather have 3-5 other songs in the 20 minutes it would take to play Hemispheres. And oh yeah, Geddy can't sing most of it anymore.

Jacob's Ladder is a plodding, boring song (sacrilege, I know, but the bloody thing practically puts me to sleep).

That leaves the first three, which I would really rather not hear Geddy attempt to sing (not that I'd want the wretched Necromancer to take up 12 minutes of my time anyway, and Lamneth is too long and too boring in parts).

I'll go with Xanadu. There's no way Fountian, Cygnus X-1 or Hemispheres gets played ever again because Geddy doesn't have the range to sing those anymore. I saw them three times on the T4E tour so i'm good when it comes to hearing all of 2112 live. The other thing with Fountian is I can't imagine what a pain in the ass it must have been to pull that song off when they were younger, so I highly doubt they'd think about attempting it now. The middle acoustic part that comes at like the 9:40 mark of the song could work live though.

By-Tor 1022.gif

Most of them, Geddy can't sing. Natural Scie.... schla03.gif Xanadu? No thanks. Jacob's Ladder? laugh.gif I might actually take a bathroom break.

I love them all (Natural Science... eh) but in concert, By-Tor is the only one left that they could do justice. smile.gif

Please, please, Hemispheres, puuhhhleeeeeeaze....

It's never gonna happen though sad.gif

I read that Alex used the double-neck on a CA song so I think that makes my wish to see Xanadu actually possible! ohmy.gif

I want them ALL.

TFoL would be the top of my list. Any one of them would be the highlight of the show.

Hemispheres - 2

Necromancer - 3

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 22 2012, 07:43 PM)
I can live the rest of my life quite happily not having to sit through portions of 2112 again, like I did in '96. Parts of it are brilliant. Much of the middle is... not.

Sitting at a Rush show????? wacko.gif (unless you are not physically capable of standing, then I certainly understand)

Edited by apetersvt

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 23 2012, 06:37 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 22 2012, 07:43 PM)

Sitting at a Rush show????? wacko.gif (unless you are not physically capable of standing, then I certainly understand)

Depends on where I am in the place. The further away you are from the stage, the more people prefer to sit, it seems. I saw Vapor Trails in Tampa, we had terrible seats, almost all the way in the back, I don't think anyone near me stood up after the first song. Last year on Time Machine, we were up front, nobody sat down except during the intermission.

I meant "sit through" metaphorically, though smile.gif

J.L. It's been way to long

I went with The Necromancer.

Though it's pretty much a tie between that and Fountain of Lamneth. Either one would be gold for me.

I love Xanadu, and would love to see it as well. But I went with something I have yet to see live.

CoS NEEDS to have representation this year. yes.gif

I voted for Xanadu but would be happy with Jacob's Ladder. The others are great songs, but I don't think I want to see them try to pull off the older stuff...maybe.

Jacob's Ladder. Although, a full version performance of By-Tor and the Snowdog would be unreal!