CA Track Listing & 30s Preview Clip

Snaked

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we have a tracklisting, how long do you think it will be before TRF gets a new member sporting a user name related to the new song titles?

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 11 2012, 10:58 AM)
167 guests, 96 members 2 anonymous members
circumstantial tree, KenJennings, Digital Man, KW84, rushfr:CP, Sin City, ContinuumProgRock, RodrigoAltaf, ReRushed, Union 5-3992, Presto-digitation, Godeater2112, GUP1771, Unattractive Truth, Hear Again, Mara, Tai Shan, Digitallware, Dscrapre, Knice, grand phil-nale, Good,bad,andrush, The Mighty Dudad, wilb1972, Lost In Xanadu, Merely Space, Shirley, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, Gompers, J2112YYZ, J0N, Powderfinger, The K Man, Cyclonus X-1, willowroolz, Archangel717, yyzyy, danielmclark, Tigershark2112, English Muffin, jesse2112, EveryNerveAware, Grant, H. P. L., StokieMarv, anchorman, losingit2k, balance, MadImmortalMan, LaFellaStrangiato, GeddPratLerxst, robertrobyn, Gilbertk, Alexmai, Sticklight, rocketom, EmotionDetector, Xanadoood, N.O.RUSH, JoenataArctica, bruggy66, between the sun and moon, druid13, JayGeeEmme, Workaholic Man, GuitarKid 1880, Tammeh, TeamLerxst, RenoRush, workingcinderellaman, Snaked, priest_of_syrinx, onthebeam, Rick N. Backer, BeOhBe Bob, Cygnus The God Of Balance, Sir Lerxst, GuggsDeWar, Brava Doh!, Terrapin, Chrysalii, Test4Eggo, Hatchetaxe&saw, snowdog2112, grooloops, DistantEarlyRushFan, MMCXII, vespa2112, vital signz, friendlyfloridian, Motorshooter, skullchrist, Rush-O-Matic, johndyar, myturn2drive, gornhay

Must be the email we sent out about free Tupperware. smile.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 11 2012, 11:01 AM)
Now that we have a tracklisting, how long do you think it will be before TRF gets a new member sporting a user name related to the new song titles?

Hmmmm... now that you meantion it, I wanna change my name tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 11 2012, 01:13 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 11 2012, 02:09 AM)
I was right though, it's METAL!

1022.gif

Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it? It doesn't sound like S&A, that's for sure. But it's only a 30-second sample, so we'll see....

Yep. I've loved the 30 second snippets before only to have large bowls and yodeling when I heard it all.

I refuse to be excited. But I did like the crap out of that snippet.

Edited by Pound of Obscure

Take your pick for a user name: How about Headlong Fly By Night or The Anarchist?

I'm guessing a "carnie" is someone who works at a carnival: "Midway hawkers calling 'try your luck with me'".

'Caravan'

'BU2B'

'Clockwork Angels'

'The Anarchist'

'Carnies'

'Halo Effect'

'Seven Cities Of Gold'

'The Wreckers'

'Headlong Flight'

'BU2B2'

'Wish Them Well'

'The Garden'

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 11 2012, 10:08 AM)
I hope that is not the actual album cover new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Unfortunately it is the official album cover according to the announcement. It's a terrible shame considering the amazing artwork that has already been released that will likely be inside the booklet with the lyrics.

On the bright side, you're buying it for the music, not the artwork.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 11 2012, 11:11 AM)

Unfortunately it is the official album cover according to the announcement. It's a terrible shame considering the amazing artwork that has already been released that will likely be inside the booklet with the lyrics.

To me the artwork is paramount! Luckily, I like the artwork.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 11 2012, 10:11 AM)

You're right about that, I have no doubt that CA will kick ass

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 11 2012, 11:09 AM)
Take your pick for a user name: How about Headlong Fly By Night or The Anarchist?

I'm guessing a "carnie" is someone who works at a carnival: "Midway hawkers calling 'try your luck with me'".

'Caravan'
'BU2B'
'Clockwork Angels'
'The Anarchist'
'Carnies'
'Halo Effect'
'Seven Cities Of Gold'
'The Wreckers'
'Headlong Flight'
'BU2B2'
'Wish Them Well'
'The Garden'

hmmmm... how does one change that secondary avatar and the words above it? Mine is "The Seeker" with the PoW cover... I'd like to know how to change that one.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Apr 11 2012, 11:21 AM)
It seems to simple, (Counterparts was the right amount of simple). I really would have prefered the use of a more steampunk cover. The caravan single would have been absolutely perfect.

no.gif

Maybe it's just because I've seen that damn clock image for two years now, but I'm really glad that THAT one is not the cover.

I like the red one...though I would've been just as happy with image with from the other day as well.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 11 2012, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 11 2012, 11:09 AM)

'Caravan'
'BU2B'
'Clockwork Angels'
'The Anarchist'
'Carnies'
'Halo Effect'
'Seven Cities Of Gold'
'The Wreckers'
'Headlong Flight'
'BU2B2'
'Wish Them Well'
'The Garden'

hmmmm... how does one change that secondary avatar and the words above it? Mine is "The Seeker" with the PoW cover... I'd like to know how to change that one.

Keep posting!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 11 2012, 01:02 AM)
Interesting. But more interesting is the trailer that's on that same page. From the descriptions that I've read, that's the opening of "Headlong Flight" that we're hearing there. I can hear the obvious references to "Bastille Day" towards the end.

Here's the 30-second preview: http://bcove.me/hwp437l4

I thought the same thing...Bastille Day 2012?!?!?! confused13.gif

Sounds cool! Can't wait to hear the whole damn thing!!! 653.gif

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Apr 11 2012, 10:26 AM)
I think the cover is awesome. A bit simple, but I have no problem with that. Leaves a lot to the imagination. Just enough on the cover to make you go "hmmmmm...".

It stereographic. If you blur your vision, a blimp pops out at you

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Apr 11 2012, 10:26 AM)
I think the cover is awesome. A bit simple, but I have no problem with that. Leaves a lot to the imagination. Just enough on the cover to make you go "hmmmmm...".

Same here.

Also seems like some sort of evil, churning vortex.

Like a major league shitstorm's coming.

Impending doom.

Or an impending kick ass prog album!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 11 2012, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 11 2012, 09:19 AM)
Oh, and I'm glad that is the album cover. I like it and I like Geddy's bass. Sounds like his Rickenbacker to me.

i never gave it any thought but it does sound like his rick. nice and thick sounding.

Maybe he's using amps again and not plugging direct anymore.*

*Unless he only does that now for live shows, who knows.