2012 MLB season thread

laughedatbytime

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 22 2012, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 22 2012, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 22 2012, 07:33 AM)
Nats 4 - Braves 1

Nats are 31 games over .500 and lead Atlanta by 7 games.

They still have the best record in baseball by 2 games over Cinci.

I really hope they don't shut Strasburg down. ohmy.gif

It's going to happen.

I'm hoping that they realize that they have a shot at a World Series run this year...

only with Stras though.

What's the opinion of the Nats fans up there?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ultra @ Aug 21 2012, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 15 2012, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 15 2012, 03:49 PM)
Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8271981/...pended-50-games

What is it with the Giants and PEDs?

I'd think it's inaccurate to paint this all on the Giants, especially given we just got this guy 4 months ago. This seems much more like a baseball wide problem than a Giants problem. I do recall a Ryan Braun getting quite a bit less than a punishment last season.

Like I was saying, this problem is a lot bigger than just the Giants.

Bartolo Colon suspended for 50 games

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 22 2012, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 22 2012, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 22 2012, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 22 2012, 07:33 AM)
Nats 4 - Braves 1

Nats are 31 games over .500 and lead Atlanta by 7 games.

They still have the best record in baseball by 2 games over Cinci.

I really hope they don't shut Strasburg down. ohmy.gif

It's going to happen.

I'm hoping that they realize that they have a shot at a World Series run this year...

only with Stras though.

What's the opinion of the Nats fans up there?

Here's an article from The Washington Post that outlines why it will happen.

It thinks Nats fans are resigned to the fact that he's going to be shutdown, even if we are divided as to whether or not he should be. I happen to trust the GM, Mike Rizzo. Our other homegrown young pitcher, Jordan Zimmerman, had Tommy John surgery two years ago and followed the same path that Strasburg is following, including being shut down. This season, he leads the NL in ERA, and is the only pitcher to have gone at least 6 innings in every start.

Strasburg is our best pitcher, but we have two more absolutely excellent pitchers in Gio Gonzalez and Jordan Zimmerman. Edwin Jackson is very strong, and has World Series experience. And Ross Detwiler has been solid since returning to the starting rotation. We also have John Lanhan, who will likely be called up in September when the clubs can expand their rosters. He's been excellent in two starts we've needed him because of double-headers.

Then you have our bull pen to deal with. And don't even get me started on the rest of the defense, and the batting line up. We don't necessarily have any hitters who are having great seasons, but they are all having really strong seasons. Jayson Werth is tearing it up after coming back from the broken wrist, and Ian Desmond is crushing the ball again after coming back from his strained oblique.

we have the best chance to win it all with Strasburg, don't get me wrong. But I ahrdly think we are dead in the water without him.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Aug 22 2012, 10:20 PM)
Tigers 3 Jays 2  wacko.gif  Toronto at 56 and 67  wacko.gif

The free fall continues eh.gif

Only positive thing is chance to see the young ones play...that Sierra kid is pretty impressive

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 19 2012, 05:44 PM)
It is safe to say that Randy Wolf will not be pitching for the Milwaukee Brewers next year. He's a candidate for Biggest Waste Of $9,500,000.00 EVAH.....

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Randy Wolf is released....on his birthday.....OUCH! So long, Randy. You pitched some great games last year. Your game against St. Louis in the NLCS was GREAT. You showed a lot of character and guts through a very bad year. You're a good guy. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Ultra @ Aug 25 2012, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 24 2012, 07:25 PM)
Looks like Gonzalez, Beckett, Crawford and Punto are heading to Dodgers in a blockbuster trade...

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8...xit-sources-say

Smells of desperation to me on the part of the Dodgers after the Giants swept them in their own park.

Gonzalez hits 3 run homer in first at-bat as a Dodger...

Big trade for Red Sox

I think they are done for the season tho.

Get this Roger Clemens is like 50 years old and hes pithes for the minors. Will he make it back to the majors. ?

This will ad on 5 more years to get place in Hall of fame. Does he deserve that anyways?

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Aug 26 2012, 01:44 PM)
Big trade for Red Sox

Get this Roger Clemens is like 50 years old and hes pithes for the minors. Will he make it back to the majors. ?

This will ad on 5 more years to get place in Hall of fame. Does he deserve that anyways?

No Clemens in the HOF...he and Bonds epitomized the steroid era and should be out.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 26 2012, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Aug 26 2012, 01:44 PM)
Big trade for Red Sox

Get this  Roger Clemens is like 50 years old and hes pithes for the minors.  Will he make it back to the majors.  ?

No Clemens in the HOF...he and Bonds epitomized the steroid era and should be out.

Oh ok..thanks for that info !

Vin Scully resigns for 64th year behind the mic with the Dodgers.

His first year doing broadcasts was 1950, with the Brooklyn Dodgers.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 25 2012, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (Ultra @ Aug 25 2012, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 24 2012, 07:25 PM)
Looks like Gonzalez, Beckett, Crawford and Punto are heading to Dodgers in a blockbuster trade...

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8...xit-sources-say

Smells of desperation to me on the part of the Dodgers after the Giants swept them in their own park.

Gonzalez hits 3 run homer in first at-bat as a Dodger...

A caller to WEEI yesterday commented on this perfectly. In essence, he said Gonzalez could have homered the first 53 times he batted after the trade, and it would STILL be a good one for the Red Sox.

With the wind blowing IN at Wrigley, Ryan Braun put that poor little baseball out into the street, blowing a close game wide open in the 9th.....

Of course, Amaris Ramirez and Corey Hart had to steal some of Braun's thunder by going deep right afterwards.....back to back to back....

......and then the carnage continued! Not even the Brewers' lousy bullpen gives up NINE runs in the 9th inning....

Brewers 15

Poor Cubbies 4

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 27 2012, 10:32 PM)
With the wind blowing IN at Wrigley, Ryan Braun put that poor little baseball out into the street, blowing a close game wide open in the 9th.....

Of course, Amaris Ramirez and Corey Hart had to steal some of Braun's thunder by going deep right afterwards.....back to back to back....

......and then the carnage continued!  Not even the Brewers' lousy bullpen gives up NINE runs in the 9th inning....

Brewers 15
Poor Cubbies 4

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

That's just shocking to say the least!! Total meltdown!!

confused13.gif

Edited by rushfanforever!