2012 MLB season thread

laughedatbytime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ultra @ Aug 31 2012, 11:41 PM)
Hey American League, look out for Oakland.

I got to see the last two games of the Boston Sweep. Wish we had ten more games against that sorry club!

I do love A's fans. They were great fun at the park! The Sox fans...a few real douchebags, but mostly pretty cool too.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 4 2012, 09:14 PM)
Well, the Yanks have fallen into a first place tie.

TB 5 Banks 2

And there was much rejoicing!

Here's to hoping for a BoSox-type meltdown from the Yanks.

tongue.gif

Brewers 8

Marlins 4

Those crazy Brewers are just three games under .500 and making things interesting. Can they stay hot and sneak back into the playoffs? We shall see..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Sep 4 2012, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Sep 4 2012, 03:31 PM)
biggrin.gif  trink38.gif  trink39.gif

Baltimore 12 Toronto 0 wacko.gif Congrats. notworthy.gif P.S...Mercy! eh.gif

It wasnt pretty last nite for sure. The Jays just dont look happy. The game was good till the jays let it get away .

Tied for 1st!!! come on Tampa.

I know I said I wasn't going to be posting in this thread anymore this year, but I had to share this audio clip with everyone. I listen to a fair amount of sports talk radio, and I have NEVER, EVER heard anything like this interview with Bobby Valentine:

http://audio.weei.com/a/62126258/bobby-val...e-s-journey.htm

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Sep 5 2012, 05:18 PM)
I know I said I wasn't going to be posting in this thread anymore this year, but I had to share this audio clip with everyone. I listen to a fair amount of sports talk radio, and I have NEVER, EVER heard anything like this interview with Bobby Valentine:

Boston may be missing some reporters soon. cool.gif waffen093.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Sep 5 2012, 04:18 PM)

My son is a huge Rays fan. As such, I've followed them a bit and one thing that's struck me is what a great manager (and funny guy) Joe Maddon is, almost a 180 degree opposite of the martinet in Beantown. Maddon even comes into play in this story in a humorous way.

In defending himself, Valentine said he thought Tampa Bay Rays manager Joe Maddon showed up at the park regularly at around the time he showed up Friday.

"It's cheap journalism, isn't it?," Valentine said. "Joe Maddon in his Sports Illustrated article said, 'What do you think I'm gonna do go around the clubhouse and sit around in my underwear for a couple hours? I show up at 3:30 or 4 o'clock every day.' Every day. Does that mean he's late every day?"

Maddon reacted with amusement when informed of Valentine's comments Wednesday.

"Sorry I'm late, I just got here," he said to reporters at Tropicana Field upon entering for his pregame media appearance, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Maddon, who routinely arrives at the park around 2:45 p.m. according to the newspaper, also tweeted: "Apologies to the writers for being late to today's pregame session. My pedicure appointment ran a little late."

Maddon also said that he found the situation "amusing, and somewhat flattering," and said, according to the newspaper, that he gets to the park "in plenty of time."

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Sep 9 2012, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Sep 7 2012, 11:00 PM)
Toronto 7 Boston 5  smile.gif  Jays at 62 and 75  1287.gif

Toronto 9 Boston 2 biggrin.gif Jays at 63 and 75 1287.gif 1287.gif

Toronto 4 Boston 3 laugh.gif Jays stand at 64 and 75 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

Given so many of the big contracts NOT paying off, even in the early years, I wonder if the era of the monster contract is over. Seems like VERY few contracts are paying off in a way that it's actually a good use of team budgets.

QUOTE (goose @ Sep 10 2012, 11:33 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Sep 9 2012, 10:10 PM)
A's sweep the BoSox, get swept by the Angels, then sweep the M's. 

Who's next on the ticket?  Angels.  unsure.gif

And a 3-1 victory!

And another win yesterday!

Dare I think the impossible...?