2012 MLB season thread

laughedatbytime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indians fire Manny Acta, Sandy Alomar made interim manager with six games left in regular season. Always the manager who pays the price for under performing players and dumb decisions by the front office like 5mil for resigning Grady Sizemore who never played one game this year. And the flop Ubaldo Jimenez trade. Dead weight Travis Haffner should unload his contract. Loud mouth closer Chris Perez desperately wants traded and lead off batter and most consistent day by day lineup Shin Soo Choo is said to be wanting out. I hate to loose Choo but fine with getting rid of Perez as long as the parent club Yankees gives us someone decent in return. lol

Sandy deserves the chance to manage just feel bad with what he might be stuck with. On a positive note enjoyed Cleveland taking 2 out of 3 against the Whitesoxs which proved costly in there race against the Tigers. Hopefully Tribe can be the spoiler again and rain on there parade next Monday three game series at Progressive. smile.gif

Cubbies avoid going 0 for the season vs NL West, avoid 100 losses.

Need to sweep Astros at Wrigley to avoid triple digit losses in 104th straight championshipless season.

cheer.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 30 2012, 08:54 PM)
Cubbies avoid going 0 for the season vs NL West, avoid 100 losses.

Need to sweep Astros at Wrigley to avoid triple digit losses in 104th straight championshipless season.

cheer.gif

Played golf with a huge Cubs fan today. I asked him if he had his postseason tickets reserved. pokey.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Sep 30 2012, 08:30 PM)
What a battle going on in the AL for those playoff spots!

With the Angels loss I believe the Jankees and Birds are in...

Just Rays, A's, and Angels for the second WC, though the A's could win the division with a sweep, and the Yanks and Birds are still fighthing for the division.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 30 2012, 09:36 PM)

Just Rays, A's, and Angels for the second WC, though the A's could win the division with a sweep, and the Yanks and Birds are still fighthing for the division.

no.gif

No Eastern wild card is guaranteed.

QUOTE (goose @ Sep 30 2012, 08:39 PM)

no.gif

Yanks and Birds have won 92. Angels and Rays have lost 71. Therefore the Birds and Yanks have clinched at least a WC, I believe.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 30 2012, 09:43 PM)

no.gif

Yanks and Birds have won 92. Angels and Rays have lost 71. Therefore the Birds and Yanks have clinched at least a WC, I believe.

Oh...I think you are correct, sir. trink39.gif

Oakland needs one more win. As for tie breakers...

Tiebreakers:

OAK won season series vs. TB, 5-4

OAK won season series vs. BAL, 5-4

OAK won season series vs. LAA, 10-9

OAK tied with NYY, 5-5

If the Yankees and A's end up tied for the Wild Card, the tiebreaker is intradivision record. The A's have a .547 (29-24) winning percentage against the West, while the Yankees are at .544 (37-31) against the East. That would go down to the wire.

(Potential one-game tiebreakers, if necessary would be scheduled for Thursday, October 4.)

I can't believe it. My team's going to the playoffs for the first time since I started watching. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

QUOTE (goose @ Sep 30 2012, 08:46 PM)

no.gif

Tiebreakers:

OAK tied with NYY, 5-5

If the Yankees and A's end up tied for the Wild Card, the tiebreaker is intradivision record. The A's have a .547 (29-24) winning percentage against the West, while the Yankees are at .544 (37-31) against the East. That would go down to the wire.

(Potential one-game tiebreakers, if necessary would be scheduled for Thursday, October 4.)

I thought they played a play in game if it was an in or out situation. Or are you referring to HFA (which is huge considering it's likely East Coast vs West Coast)?

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 30 2012, 09:50 PM)

no.gif

Tiebreakers:

OAK tied with NYY, 5-5

I thought they played a play in game if it was an in or out situation. Or are you referring to HFA (which is huge considering it's likely East Coast vs West Coast)?

HFA. 653.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Sep 30 2012, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 30 2012, 09:50 PM)

no.gif

Tiebreakers:

OAK tied with NYY, 5-5

HFA. 653.gif

http://espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/stark_j...e-scenarios-mlb

Godd summary of scenarios and the near impossible task of the teams that have to travel.

QUOTE (waluigithewalrus @ Oct 1 2012, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Oct 1 2012, 05:59 AM)
GO O"S!!!!!!!

Indeed! Now we just need to route for Boston and hope they can halt the Yankees.

Ditto!

Congrat's O's! Here's to the A's! cheer.gif

And...Yankees win and O's lose. sad.gif

Now that I think about it, it would not surprise me at all if the Yank's and O's tied for the division win. I believe that if that would be the case, the tie-breaker game would be in Baltimore.