Music videos?

BigBob

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Feb 28 2012, 11:36 AM)
If the concept is so strong, I hope they'll do a long form video in 3d as Heavy Metal in the '80s, in movie theaters wink.gif

I like the idea of a cartoon concept movie.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 28 2012, 11:43 AM)
Why?

Once you hit perfection, why mess with it?

Hahaha!!

I love the "literal" video of that. tongue.gif

I was expecting the one for Superconductor, though.. Such a cheesy video. The TSS one always takes the crown of infamy though!

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Feb 28 2012, 05:40 PM)
Why?

Exactly laugh.gif

They'll probably do one but I just don't see the point of any band making a video today. Do videos really reach that many people anymore?

In pop music they do. Rock not so much because it's not shoved down our throats like Lady Gaga is in mainstream media. I think it would be cool to have a music video of one of the CA songs, but I'll probably watch it once, MAYBE put it on my phone to show friends and then forget about it for a while. I figure others will likely do the same so it really isn't worth it for a band to make music videos anymore considering they cost thousands to make.

Wow, I submitted my post before I finished and didn't realize it...Anyway... tongue.gif

I think The Pass is probably the best music video from Rush. Very powerful just like the music.

It would be very nice to see Rush to something for CA, but I dunno. I'd doubt we would see them featured in the video playing their instruments. If anything, it'll be what we saw from Snakes and Arrows.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Feb 28 2012, 07:30 PM)
Why?

Exactly laugh.gif

They'll probably do one but I just don't see the point of any band making a video today. Do videos really reach that many people anymore?

In pop music they do. Rock not so much because it's not shoved down our throats like Lady Gaga is in mainstream media. I think it would be cool to have a music video of one of the CA songs, but I'll probably watch it once, MAYBE put it on my phone to show friends and then forget about it for a while. I figure others will likely do the same so it really isn't worth it for a band to make music videos anymore considering they cost thousands to make.

Yeah, it's really not worth the money anymore for most bands. I just remember as a kid back in the 80s watching MTV all the time, it was really worth it then for bands to make videos. Today you've gotta remember to check a bands web page or youtube to see the video and it's just not as fun to watch videos now as it was back then biggrin.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Feb 28 2012, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Feb 28 2012, 07:30 PM)
Why?

Exactly laugh.gif

Yeah, it's really not worth the money anymore for most bands. I just remember as a kid back in the 80s watching MTV all the time, it was really worth it then for bands to make videos. Today you've gotta remember to check a bands web page or youtube to see the video and it's just not as fun to watch videos now as it was back then biggrin.gif

Agreed. I caught the last little bit of MTV when my parents would put it on as background noise in the late 90s. The only song I remember actually caring for was Wild Wild West (yes, the Will Smith song) and it was awesome, despite the fact that I barely cared for music at the time. Now the only time I see music videos are, like you said, when I go to look up songs on youtube to get a taste for the band or an album.

I think that there is potential for music videos if bands go the route of viral marketting. By viral marketting I mean to advertise in the real word with QR codes on the ads so smartphones link to the video or an article with the video in it or put advertisements on websites using the video. Justin Bieber did the latter with one of his songs and while I may hate him, I must admit I did see the video because of those ads on websites.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Feb 28 2012, 10:31 PM)
My god, does any read the whole threads anymore or just the titles? I feel like I'm echoed every time I post here.  wtf.gif

Yes because you are the only one who liked the Far Cry and TSS videos. If nobody replies once an opinion has been said, then threads would die out quickly.

Edited by USB Connector

I wasn't talking about my opinion, geez. Just the fact that I mentioned the Far Cry video and that they still DO make music videos for new albums.

My opinions don't matter. They're only my views on the facts I state, which (the one point that you were correct) IS the foundation for good conversation.

No worries, just wanted to be clear.