New CA Update!

EmotionDetector

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Feb 12 2012, 08:45 PM)
How about growing up and getting a life?

Relax, Francis......

I was just busting your Irish balls!

To answer your question......

Pumpy is all grow'd up and he has a wonderful life!!!

(Why does this jackass keep speaking in the third person?)

Now get out there and enjoy life! wink.gif

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"In a young man's quest to follow his dreams, he is caught between the grandiose forces of order and chaos. He travels across a lavish and colorful world of steampunk and alchemy, with lost cities, pirates, anarchists, exotic carnivals, and a rigid Watchmaker who imposes precision on every aspect of daily life."

f**k YEAH!! This sounds like something straight outta' their prog period, this is awesome!

Someone brought up a good point on RIAB the other day...that with a novelization of the album, we're being given someone else's ideas of what the album is about, instead of using our own imaginations. I thought that was a really good point. While it won't keep me from reading the novelization, and while I'm interested in someone else's vision of the album, I WILL be sure to listen to the album FIRST and imagine the story myself, then compare/contrast (I probably would have done so anyway).

Edit: And even reading the book, I'll still be putting my own spin on what Anderson is writing about. Still, it was a good point that was brought up.

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 13 2012, 05:33 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 12 2012, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ Feb 12 2012, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 12 2012, 11:22 AM)
Nevermind. Gayest cover ever.

Pumpy begs the differ......

http://db3.stb.s-msn.com/i/D9/D9F14FFB1FE4978316F1B4186504A.jpg

I... was wrong...

Yikes.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/smiley4108.gif

Mind if I hide behind you, daniel? unsure.gif

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/3/87c972d3-9fa3-4ec7-b028-ca95b96e98ce.jpg

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Feb 13 2012, 11:38 PM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 13 2012, 05:33 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 12 2012, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ Feb 12 2012, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 12 2012, 11:22 AM)
Nevermind. Gayest cover ever.

Pumpy begs the differ......

http://db3.stb.s-msn.com/i/D9/D9F14FFB1FE4978316F1B4186504A.jpg

I... was wrong...

Yikes.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/smiley4108.gif

Mind if I hide behind you, daniel? unsure.gif

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/3/87c972d3-9fa3-4ec7-b028-ca95b96e98ce.jpg

rofl3.gif

From Spinner.com:

Books on Tape: The Top 10 Collabs Between Authors and Musicians

Can you imagine a world where, instead of fossil fuels, modern machinery runs on the power of steam and everyone's favourite band is Rush?

If so, you've glimpsed into the alternate reality that unfolds in the forthcoming steampunk novel from sci-fi author Kevin J. Anderson. The best-selling scribe of over 100 genre books, including titles for the 'Star Wars,' 'Dune,' and 'X-Files' franchises, is writing a companion novel to 'Clockwork Angels,' the upcoming studio album from Canadian prog-rock giants Rush.

"I take my inspiration from many sources, but music has always been a key to my literary imagination, more than just a soundtrack but a trigger for images, scenes, and strange worlds," Anderson tells Spinner.

In fact, he dedicated his first novel, 'Resurrection, Inc,' to the Rush album 'Grace Under Pressure,' a nod that spawned a friendship with Rush drummer and lyricist Neil Peart which eventually led to the 'Clockwork Angels' collaboration.

Anderson is not the only author for whom music is a muse. Over the years, beat poets, stuffy literature types, best-selling novelist and gonzo journalists have traded the lamplight for the limelight and emerged from the study long enough to align themselves with musicians.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 4 2012, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ Mar 4 2012, 06:57 AM)
Pumpy hopes Neeel penned a track dedicated to Sandworms!  wink.gif

http://biology.kenyon.edu/slonc/bio3/2006projects/McFarlane_Papows/sandworm.gif

The worm IS the spice! The spice IS the worm!

Father, the sleeper has awakened and now is eating worm poop.

"When it's ready"

I used to be a video gamer. I remember very well what happened to companies that announced major games in advance and then had to delay them. People would bitch and complain and in some cases, it brewed a lot of hostility that affected sales. A few people and companies, notably John Carmack, Blizzard, and Valve, started to adopt the philosophy of "when it's done". They stopped giving firm dates too far in advance and simply said... when it's done.

I *love* that Rush isn't dropping a ton of information and dates right now. It shows that they're more concerned about the product than the marketing. It'll be done when it's done. Then we'll buy it. Simple.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Feb 9 2012, 01:50 PM)
Good signs so far.

The best albums Rush have made have all contained some sort of Sci-Fi journey themed epic.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Mar 5 2012, 02:05 PM)
I wouldn't have a problem with it if Caravan and BU2B weren't 2 years old already. And they WERE giving us updates on the album previously, then they just stopped. They could say SOMETHING... anything.

I wouldn't have a problem if people wouldn't be so ungrateful for Rush.

Also, impatience has nothing to do with how grateful you are for something.

I love my girlfriend more than anything, and I can't WAIT to see her every night when I'm at work. Does that make me ungrateful for her? Don't think so.

Same with Rush, I love them and I'm just getting impatient. Doesn't mean I'm ungrateful by any means.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Mar 5 2012, 01:05 PM)
I wouldn't have a problem with it if Caravan and BU2B weren't 2 years old already. And they WERE giving us updates on the album previously, then they just stopped. They could say SOMETHING... anything.

It's the deep breath before the plunge. smile.gif

maybe it's good they aren't saying anything and keeping their mouths shut. usually when you hear alot of talk from the band members saying how much they like the new music and how great they think it is, that's when you should be concerned. they did alot of talking before s & a was released and look how that turned out. tongue.gif eh.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Mar 5 2012, 11:35 AM)
I really can't believe we haven't heard anything yet. Is this album some kind of long-con joke or something? Cos it's getting freaking ridiculous that they won't say anything at all. angry.gif confused13.gif wtf.gif sad.gif fists crying.gif unsure.gif banghead.gif rage.gif eh.gif

I do see your point but I've decided just to sit back and enjoy every tidbit of info as it comes out as this may be the last studio effort. I just wish those tidbits weren't taking so long. laugh.gif Hold on a little longer my friend. Like I said in my other thread the forum will be exploding in excitement right around the corner 653.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Mar 5 2012, 02:18 PM)
I prefer Lerxster's more positive attitude toward this than some who wanna put others down for wanting to hear this thing so bad.
Cheers, sir trink39.gif

As Thomas Earl Petty once sang, music.gif The waiting is the hardest part music.gif

Cheers good citizen trink39.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 5 2012, 02:20 PM)
maybe it's good they aren't saying anything and keeping their mouths shut. usually when you hear alot of talk from the band members saying how much they like the new music and how great they think it is, that's when you should be concerned. they did alot of talking before s & a was released and look how that turned out. tongue.gif eh.gif

goodpost.gif In this case , No news might be Good news . I don't want an update every week and then have another S&A on our hands wink.gif