Dallas Cowboys

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Welcome, Trey Lance!

Whatever happened to Cooper Rush?  I thought Skip Bayless thought he was better than Dak, and what more sober and analytical of a take can you get than that?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Whatever happened to Cooper Rush?  I thought Skip Bayless thought he was better than Dak, and what more sober and analytical of a take can you get than that?

Cooper has been getting most of the snaps in preseason, so he's got to be scratching his head. Lance may still wind up as QB3, or maybe Jerry thinks there's a market for a proven sub like Rush, so he could be moved? God knows.

As for Skip Mindless, is it just me, or is he looking more like Madame every passing day? 

Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) / X  Madame Blossoms Again - Provincetown Magazine

• Haha 2

Gil Brandt, architect of so many of the early Cowboys teams along with Ted Schramm, has passed away.

:rose:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Are the Giants that bad or was Dallas just really good yesterday?

I'm going to go with "yes." The Giants overachieved last year (based on the advanced stats), and Dallas played well. I don't know how often they're going to mug other teams now, but it was a great nerve-settler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm going to go with "yes." The Giants overachieved last year (based on the advanced stats), and Dallas played well. I don't know how often they're going to mug other teams now, but it was a great nerve-settler.

Well, the way the question was written the answer was virtually guaranteed to be yes.    But it sounds like you lean more toward the latter.

I'm not sure how anyone bought the Giants as good going into the season.   Like you said they overachieved last year and they're not good enough to overcome two plays which changed the outcome 17 points.

8 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Are the Giants that bad or was Dallas just really good yesterday?

In today’s NFL, with so many starters barely playing in the pre-season (or not playing at all), it’s no surprise that some teams are simply not ready for Week 1.  

Joe Burrow took the pre-season off.  He and his Bengals got embarrassed.  
Da Bears’ head coach doesn’t want to play any pre-season games.  His team wasn’t ready for the Packers.  

• Like 2

On 8/26/2023 at 10:23 AM, Nova Carmina said:

Cooper has been getting most of the snaps in preseason, so he's got to be scratching his head. Lance may still wind up as QB3, or maybe Jerry thinks there's a market for a proven sub like Rush, so he could be moved? God knows.

As for Skip Mindless, is it just me, or is he looking more like Madame every passing day? 

Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) / X  Madame Blossoms Again - Provincetown Magazine

Madame is much more butch than that bitch. About half of Dallas would like to wail on Madam. (the one that calls himself Skip)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

It's my fault.  I jinxed him.

• Haha 2

On 9/25/2023 at 10:44 AM, liquidcrystalcompass said:

We shit the bed yesterday.

Had to check the date stamp on this one.   I thought the other performance was bad. 

Will they activate the Tank for Caleb plan, or will Jerruh try to convince Shadeur Sanders to declare and add to his dad's legacy in the Big D?

7 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Had to check the date stamp on this one.   I thought the other performance was bad. 

Will they activate the Tank for Caleb plan, or will Jerruh try to convince Shadeur Sanders to declare and add to his dad's legacy in the Big D?

I really don't know what they'll do anymore.  This thing is so disjointed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

This team would be too good to tank properly, so we're destined for mediocrity in the form of a playoff exit at the hands of the 49ers, the Iggles, or even (gulp) the Lions? What's this world come to?

And the idea of Shadeur Sanders . . . they'd probably have to name "Coach Prime" to the staff, and I'd have to chain myself to AT&T Stadium and go on a hunger strike, followed by having to switch teams.

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2023 at 10:44 AM, liquidcrystalcompass said:

We shit the bed yesterday.

The nice thing about this post is it's eco-friendly: it can be recycled all season long, as necessary.

Damn; normally I'm a glass half full guy, but that was a real tonking that showed the gulf between contender and pretender.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Apparently Mike McCarthy is killing our offense. I'm persuaded.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/10/12/23914571/dallas-cowboys-mike-mccarthy-dak-prescott-offense-broken

No word on why the defense was so porous against the Niners, but it may be that those guys are pretty good . . .

• Like 1