Dallas Cowboys

Favorite play of the game...when the Cowboy receiver was blinded in the second quarter on a key third down because Jerry Jones designed the stadium to concentrate the sunlight to make it impossible to see.

Who builds a stadium aligned east/west instead of north/south. Oh, Jerruh does!!

The fact that the design includes any possible game impacting sun glare issue is imbecilic. Its hard to believe.

And easy to correct with nothing more than a damn curtain, but noooooo! That would admit a defect in Jerry World and that ain't happening.

--------------------------------------

Once again, the Cowboys come out lollygagging like they expect the star on the helmet to win for them and so spot the opposition an all-important lead. Throw in record setting brain dead pre snap penalties and Diggs being a big liability if he's not catching the ball and you get that S show of a loss.

Bet against SF next week. They're not nearly as good as we made them look.

What no one has mentioned is THEY HAVE FREAKING CURTAINS!!!!! They elect not to use them. I think they believe it will only affect the visiting team. I posted in the NFL thread some of my ahem frustration. As a 50+ year fan, I am totally embarrassed by this joke of a team from the top down. Unprepared, undisciplined and just not very good at all, despite all the BIG NAME STARS.

• Like 2

Never mind the Super Bowl. How many NFC championship games have they been to since the Barry Switzer regime?

Um, that would be zero Bob. Same as the Lions.

That's what I thought. They are Hot Garbage on a NY Jets or Dolphins level with a nice stadium. Romo might get them to a wildcard once in a while only to shit the bed. Jerry Jones should have been tared and feathered decades ago. How 'bout them Cowboys...LOL.

Never mind the Super Bowl. How many NFC championship games have they been to since the Barry Switzer regime?

That's what I thought. They are Hot Garbage on a NY Jets or Dolphins level with a nice stadium. Romo might get them to a wildcard once in a while only to shit the bed. Jerry Jones should have been tared and feathered decades ago. How 'bout them Cowboys...LOL.

This bit . . . no. During that quarter century of futility there have been losing seasons, sure, but lots of winning, too, which only serves to make the playoffs letdowns even worse.

The rest of it makes sense, though . . .

This bit . . . no. During that quarter century of futility there have been losing seasons, sure, but lots of winning, too, which only serves to make the playoffs letdowns even worse.

The rest of it makes sense, though . . .

Sports hot takes must include some hyperbole.

My mistake: category error! Carry on.

What choice does a fanbase have when the problem is at the very top? Jones isn't going to fire himself or his son. It's like we're in a monarchy and the mediocrities stretch forward for generations. Time for a revolution.

• Like 2

My mistake: category error! Carry on.

What choice does a fanbase have when the problem is at the very top? Jones isn't going to fire himself or his son. It's like we're in a monarchy and the mediocrities stretch forward for generations. Time for a revolution.

It like the old Al Davis days for 'da Raiders. Except he wouldn't pony up for a palace with a giant screen. I lived in Oklahoma for seventeen years, I've seen the heartbreak in my friend's faces. At least they had OU football to console their tears.

Favorite play of the game...when the Cowboy receiver was blinded in the second quarter on a key third down because Jerry Jones designed the stadium to concentrate the sunlight to make it impossible to see.

Who builds a stadium aligned east/west instead of north/south. Oh, Jerruh does!!

The fact that the design includes any possible game impacting sun glare issue is imbecilic. Its hard to believe.

And easy to correct with nothing more than a damn curtain, but noooooo! That would admit a defect in Jerry World and that ain't happening.

--------------------------------------

Once again, the Cowboys come out lollygagging like they expect the star on the helmet to win for them and so spot the opposition an all-important lead. Throw in record setting brain dead pre snap penalties and Diggs being a big liability if he's not catching the ball and you get that S show of a loss.

Bet against SF next week. They're not nearly as good as we made them look.

What no one has mentioned is THEY HAVE FREAKING CURTAINS!!!!! They elect not to use them. I think they believe it will only affect the visiting team. I posted in the NFL thread some of my ahem frustration. As a 50+ year fan, I am totally embarrassed by this joke of a team from the top down. Unprepared, undisciplined and just not very good at all, despite all the BIG NAME STARS.

WHAT? Egad. SO willful idiocy....
  • Like 1

https://www.statmuse...wins-since-2000

Interesting chart....

And add in recent wins by Bills and Cincinnati?

Abysmal. If that doesn't make a case for wholesale organizational changes, what would? You play to win the game; and in Dallas, you should be playing to win the big games.

• Like 2

I am very upset. One of the worst games I have ever seen. The Dallas Raiders.

I can't take it anymore.

Now I have to hope the Packers can take care of business.

Nothing in football is going my way.

Happy for the Rams and Bills. Hoping that's the Super Bowl!

Or Bills Packers.

Cowboys and Raiders Super Bowl will never happen.

Thank Goodness Mike Cocklock was fired. A NEW HOPE!

Mark needs to sell the team and let Carr go to the Steelers!

• Like 1

https://www.statmuse...wins-since-2000

Interesting chart....

And add in recent wins by Bills and Cincinnati?

Abysmal. If that doesn't make a case for wholesale organizational changes, what would? You play to win the game; and in Dallas, you should be playing to win the big games.

Dallas is down with the Lions and WFT in many of these ineptitude rankings

• Like 1

Man that weekend of football made me realize how far we have to go. Dak is nowhere near the level of QB's like Josh Allen and Mahomes. Not even in the same universe. But Garoppolo shows that you don't need a superstar QB if you have other greatness on your team AND a game plan that uses it all wisely. Best football weekend ever and after the excitement died down I became a very depressed Cowboys fan.
  • Like 3

Man that weekend of football made me realize how far we have to go. Dak is nowhere near the level of QB's like Josh Allen and Mahomes. Not even in the same universe. But Garoppolo shows that you don't need a superstar QB if you have other greatness on your team AND a game plan that uses it all wisely. Best football weekend ever and after the excitement died down I became a very depressed Cowboys fan.

This weekend confirmed that coaching matters. Immensely.
  • Like 3

This weekend confirmed that coaching matters. Immensely.

Andy Reid obviously met God and learned clock management after leaving Philadelphia. lol

To be fair he took the eagles to post season a lot.

• Like 2

Well this has been a hectic off-season so far. Not happy to see Cooper go but ecstatic to see Gregory back....wait what? Lawrence god re-structure. Gallup - hope he can come back 100%. I still want Kearse. And with all the money they "saved" on RG, what will Jerry do??

Supposedly they blew the Gregory re-signing by trying to change contract language after he agreed to terms. How 'bout them Cowboys!

I don't think they changed the language. It has to do with a suspension voiding the contract. Apparently every Cowboy player has that clause....except Dak.

Supposedly they blew the Gregory re-signing by trying to change contract language after he agreed to terms. How 'bout them Cowboys!

I don't think they changed the language. It has to do with a suspension voiding the contract. Apparently every Cowboy player has that clause....except Dak.

It was all about Gregory wanting to go to Colorado where weed is doesn't get you arrested.

It was all about Gregory wanting to go to Colorado where weed is doesn't get you arrested.

It's somewhat surprising that even the Bible Belt states haven't gotten on board with the cash train that is cannabis. I guarantee you I can buy a Shiner Bock in Wichita Falls, why shouldn't I be allowed to get a pre-rolled to have with it?

• Like 1

Hope springs eternal as the 2022 preseason is underway. Dak is looking good in camp, and I'm talking about important things like throwing to a spot and trusting his receivers, not a strong suit in the past. O line is a work in progress but rookie draft picks there are stepping up. D line looks great particularly with the addition of 'Vanilla Gorilla'  John Ridgeway.  Receiver corp is a concern with Washington out for maybe 4 games to start the season, and the newest 88 CD Lamb will have to perform with all of the D's attention on him after Coopers departure. 

I'm expecting improvement from the D with Dan Quinn getting to do some of the shopping in the off season, and his system having another year to gel. O might take a while to get going.  Out of division schedule is tough with TB, Cinn, LA, GB and Tenn. A playoff appearance would be a good season IMO. 

LETS GO COWBOYS!!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Just a public service reminder: Pre-season scores don't matter!

:notworthy: :notworthy:  :biggrin:  Thank you! Your lips to God's ears! I think most people have figured this out, but Steeler fans in general are very enthusiastic! My FB feed has been too full of "Steelers win! " yesterday and today . . .