Dallas Cowboys

59 minutes ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

A tough win but I'll take it!:pirate:

A wild game, for sure.  Congrats to the Cowboys, and here's to them taking the Eagles down.

What's with teams like the Seahawks?  So many teams this year are completely unpredictable in terms of offense or defense showing up week to week.

• Like 1

Every year for nearly thirty years now, I say to myself, "don't get too excited; just let it play out -- be happy when they win, calm when they lose, and if good things happen, just let them and be present" and then I get sucked in and punched in the nethers again. (Well, maybe not during the three consecutive 5-11 seasons about twenty years ago . . .).

Peanuts-football GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Nova Carmina
egregious misspelling
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 8:21 AM, Nova Carmina said:

Every year for nearly thirty years now, I say to myself, "don't get too excited; just let it play out -- be happy when they win, calm win they lose, and if good things happen, just let them and be present" and then I get sucked in and punched in the nethers again. (Well, maybe not during the three consecutive 5-11 seasons about twenty years ago . . .).

Peanuts-football GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Jerry Jones is today's Al Davis.

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2012 at 3:32 PM, liquidcrystalcompass said:

We're screwed until Jerry dies.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:08 AM, JohnRogers said:

Jerry Jones is today's Al Davis.

2 minutes ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

Have you looked at the opening post in this thread?  Look at the date.  

:rofl1:

I'm gonna let myself be that Cowboys fan for minute:

With the preliminaries out of the way, now it's time for the Cowboys to do the thing they should always be doing: Be competitive in the playoffs, man. We'll only know if it was a successful season if they can win a couple at this level.

• Like 1

Another Packer victory at AT&T Stadium would be outrageous!  Ridiculous!  Supercalifragili.......oh, forget it.   :laugh:   

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

Another Packer victory at AT&T Stadium would be outrageous!  Ridiculous!  Supercalifragili.......oh, forget it.   :laugh:   

Everybody in DFW is waiting for that shoe to fall.  And for good reason.

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

7 minutes ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

Everybody in DFW is waiting for that shoe to fall.  And for good reason.

I am fully prepared to see Dallas win.  The Packers are quite overdue for a loss on that field.   As long as the Packers give ‘em a tough game, I’ll be happy.  

2 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

I am fully prepared to see Dallas win.  The Packers are quite overdue for a loss on that field.   As long as the Packers give ‘em a tough game, I’ll be happy.  

Love has been playing extremely well and he's no longer a rookie.  Uh hum.  A first year starter I mean.

13 minutes ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

Love has been playing extremely well and he's no longer a rookie.  Uh hum.  A first year starter I mean.

Packer fans love to bicker and argue over Love's "status".  :laugh:

Hard core pessimists have labeled him a failure mostly because they hated the Packers for drafting him in the 1st round. 

Many of those haters have been silenced, but some will never shut up.

Love's supporters argue that three years on the bench and playing only in the pre-season make him a de facto rookie today.  I'm part of this group.  He's definitely made rookie-like mistakes this year, but he has also improved very much.  The Packers will definitely offer him a big extension after this year.  

• Like 1

Hope you're doing OK, Mr. Compass!   :wave:

Tough loss.  The Cowboys have too many good players to let this loss destroy them.  They will return.  :thumbsup:         

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Tough loss.  The Cowboys have too many good players to let this loss destroy them.  They will return.  :thumbsup:         

Return to what, though? Too many good players to be that bad, yes, but what does this current set-up get us? A nice regular season and a quick exit from the playoffs. High floor, low ceiling. 

17 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Return to what, though? Too many good players to be that bad, yes, but what does this current set-up get us? A nice regular season and a quick exit from the playoffs. High floor, low ceiling. 

I’m guessing that they will return to a new head coach and maybe new assistant coaches.  The worst thing that the players could do is lose confidence in themselves.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Same old crap.  Some heads are going to roll.