Hate having to explain why they have stage props??

reani14

Everytime i show non fans any rush dvd from either rio on up, they always gotta ask??? Why do they have chicken ovens on stage??? Why do they have dryers on stage?? wHY DOES he have barbie dolls on stage???

People just dont get rush's humor. but do they really neeed to know??

I tell them, it's a stage prop.. they still dont get it? Anyone else ever have to explain this to people??

QUOTE (furie @ Feb 1 2012, 06:03 PM)
Yeah, my wife just didn't get the dryer thing. I told her just to go with it, but she was looking for some deeper meaning.

didn't they put different t shirts than what you could buy in the dryers and at the end of the show, tossed them into the crowd?

My friends didn't ask, they just said something alone the lines of "They have vintage looking mics, jukebox looking cabinets and a time machine on the stage, and they stuffed rubber chickens into it. THAT'S AWESOME."

QUOTE (furie @ Feb 1 2012, 08:03 PM)
Yeah, my wife just didn't get the dryer thing. I told her just to go with it, but she was looking for some deeper meaning.

Remind her they're Canadian. That should do it.

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Feb 1 2012, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Feb 1 2012, 05:18 PM)
everyone i know hates rush or cant stand geddys voice

yet they probably like guns and roses or led zepplin. to me, Geddy's voice is much easier to listen to than Axl's.

And Geddy isn't a freakin tool either.

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Feb 2 2012, 01:13 AM)
QUOTE (furie @ Feb 1 2012, 06:03 PM)

didn't they put different t shirts than what you could buy in the dryers and at the end of the show, tossed them into the crowd?

That was at R30.

My daughter gets their humor, and I love her for it (among many other reasons!).

She recently made a RUSH connection with a boy at school. Noticed his Ipod and mentioned that she'd seen hem live. Turns out they were at the same show. wub.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 2 2012, 09:06 AM)
My daughter gets their humor, and I love her for it (among many other reasons!).

She recently made a RUSH connection with a boy at school. Noticed his Ipod and mentioned that she'd seen hem live. Turns out they were at the same show. wub.gif

Awww! Sweet!

No ones ever asked me. They're just not interested but if they did I'd just say "Its just for fun.". It would be no big deal for me. I would just be pleased that they took an interest in something that means a lot to me.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Feb 1 2012, 06:29 PM)
I don't understand what's so hard about saying, "They have an odd sense of humor." It seems like a harmless question.

This!

They have an odd sense of time. Why wouldn't they have an odd sense of humor..? Lol

i also get, what do they do with all those chickens..???? i dont know, they give them to the crew..

The first tour to do such a thing with the stage prop was test for echo tour. the refrigerator, remember 1996. that was my first time seeing rush live. in philly. That was their first tour without an opening act which i loved, cause i hate seeing opening acts. iam there to see the band i paid for..

I explained it to my girlfriend and she thought it was funny. I always make sure to explain that Geddy uses things to fill in the gap where his amps would be if he had a big rig. People usually get the reason they just don't get the humor.. Ugh..

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 1 2012, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Feb 1 2012, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Feb 1 2012, 05:18 PM)
everyone i know hates rush or cant stand geddys voice

yet they probably like guns and roses or led zepplin. to me, Geddy's voice is much easier to listen to than Axl's.

And Geddy isn't a freakin tool either.

goodpost.gif laugh.gif . YES. I enjoy Axel's voice but Geddy is obviously 100,000x more talented and as you stated not a FREAKING TOOL. I mean did you see Axel's corn-rows? or more importantly, the fill ins for the rest of GNR? rofl3.gif

Edited by GeddyLeeFender

Funny, this happened yesterday. I was pigging out on watching Rush shows (for Rush Day!) and was watching a concert from '04, with dryers on the stage. My boyfriend asked why there were dryers on the stage. "Is that when they do their laundry?" he half-sarcastically asked. I explained it was to balance the wall of amps on Alex's side, because otherwise there'd be empty space.

Then I watched the extras in Beyond the Lighted Stage with a grab-bag of concert songs, and lo and behold, the dryers had been replaced with chicken rotisseries. "What, now they've got hot dog warmers?" my intrepid bf asked, missing the fact that they contained chicken. hotdog.gif

Well, hey, at least he joined me in celebrating Rush Day! Though I think he would have found the sausage-maker from the Time Machine Tour quite amusing.