Official AC/DC Thread

Rod in Toronto

Brian Johnson has also done very well financially as he is #30 on the worlds richest lead singers. A very nice polite guy, in that I met and waited on him the band and road crew after a Fly On The Wall show Hampton VA.

I never got to see BS but BJ done a superb job taking over the job and the band has prospered going on 40 years now.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/richest-rock-lead-singers-world/

Edited by g under p
  • Like 2

While this isn't confirmed, I read an article a while back that said AC/DC may be doing a 40th anniversary tour next year. At least there's the possibility we can see them one more time live. They kicked ass when I saw them on the Black Ice tour and for all the flack some people give Brian Johnson, he did a hell of a job as the front man. Not too many guys in their 60s have the energy he does on stage. He worked that stage as good as anybody I've seen. He was even running and jumping around a good amount to. It seems everyone praises Bon for the great front man he was and I do understand that. I don't think Brian gets as much credit as he should for the great live performer he is.

Yeah that rumour's been floating around a bit. I have learned NOT to get too excited over any AC/DC news that isn't verified by the band itself! lol

Brian kicks ass. so, so much ass. I never understood some peoples' flat-out hatred of the man. He does a DAMN fine job as lead vocalist, thank you very much.

• Like 1

While this isn't confirmed, I read an article a while back that said AC/DC may be doing a 40th anniversary tour next year. At least there's the possibility we can see them one more time live. They kicked ass when I saw them on the Black Ice tour and for all the flack some people give Brian Johnson, he did a hell of a job as the front man. Not too many guys in their 60s have the energy he does on stage. He worked that stage as good as anybody I've seen. He was even running and jumping around a good amount to. It seems everyone praises Bon for the great front man he was and I do understand that. I don't think Brian gets as much credit as he should for the great live performer he is.

I think only recently Brian has had the recognition he deserves. He took one of the toughests spots in the world and did a great job. His voice is not what it used to be anymore, but he still gets the job done.

I´ve said this before over here, but while I admire Bon´s work A LOT, I grew up with the material theyr released witrh Brian, so he´s my favourite singer in AC/DC.

My first concert was AC/DC on the For Those About to Rock tour. Love Brian Johnson.

I think there are 2 reasons behind the dislike for him. The band's sound is very different with Johnson, so there are probably people who like Bon's more bluesy stuff to the decidedly more metal stuff recorded with Brian. I can't see the Johnson fronted band writing a song like Ride On. The other reason is the band became more popular with Johnson (not better, just more popular) and with any band there's a segment of the fandom that thinks they show they're "real" fans by liking more obscure stuff and rejecting the "popular" stuff that "casual fans" (sniffs and turns up nose) like.

• Like 2

I think only recently Brian has had the recognition he deserves. He took one of the toughests spots in the world and did a great job. His voice is not what it used to be anymore, but he still gets the job done.

I´ve said this before over here, but while I admire Bon´s work A LOT, I grew up with the material theyr released witrh Brian, so he´s my favourite singer in AC/DC.

My first concert was AC/DC on the For Those About to Rock tour. Love Brian Johnson.

I think there are 2 reasons behind the dislike for him. The band's sound is very different with Johnson, so there are probably people who like Bon's more bluesy stuff to the decidedly more metal stuff recorded with Brian. I can't see the Johnson fronted band writing a song like Ride On. The other reason is the band became more popular with Johnson (not better, just more popular) and with any band there's a segment of the fandom that thinks they show they're "real" fans by liking more obscure stuff and rejecting the "popular" stuff that "casual fans" (sniffs and turns up nose) like.

I think for the most part this dilemma has as much to do with when your fandom began than anything. Being an old schooler like myself, the band and the music will never be the same without Bon. The band I knew died that day. It's not a hatred of Brian. If Bon had lived would their music have changed as many did in the 80's ? My guess is that it would have anyway. I would have jumped off the bandwagon, but would have loved to see them live anyway for the older stuff. I still listen to the older music all the time to this day. If Bon was still around and I didn't like their musical direction, it doesn't change the fact that they made some great music back when........ :codger:

RIP Mr. Scott :rose:

I agree, Narpet. And you´re spot on when you say thy would have changed their sound in the 80´s, no matter who was singing. Highway to Hell sounds much more polished than their first albums anyway, so it seems they were starting the 80´s trend with that album.
  • Like 3

I agree, Narpet. And you´re spot on when you say thy would have changed their sound in the 80´s, no matter who was singing. Highway to Hell sounds much more polished than their first albums anyway, so it seems they were starting the 80´s trend with that album.

Mutt Lange would've made sure of that.

Wow, people still buy and read magazines?

So does anyone remember the song Big Gun? It was on The Last Action hero soundtrack and was a huge hit for them about 20 years ago. The song seems to have faded away though over the years and I don't think the band has ever done it live. If they do another tour I think they should play it. It's a kick ass tune and should be part of the set for at least one tour.

• Like 2

So does anyone remember the song Big Gun? It was on The Last Action hero soundtrack and was a huge hit for them about 20 years ago. The song seems to have faded away though over the years and I don't think the band has ever done it live. If they do another tour I think they should play it. It's a kick ass tune and should be part of the set for at least one tour.

Great song! The video is awesome too, with Arnold awkwardly mimicking Angus´ stage moves.

Great song! The video is awesome too, with Arnold awkwardly mimicking Angus´ stage moves.

LMAO I LOVE that video!! it's hilarious hahahahaha

LOVE the song. oh man. That would just rule live.

Keep this thread alive. Anybody out there know that Let There Be Rock is a great hard rock recording? :huh:

And one great movie to boot!

http://s2.postimage.org/5dqraha7f/80h_Qj_DJ4.jpg

Keep this thread alive. Anybody out there know that Let There Be Rock is a great hard rock recording? :huh:

And one great movie to boot!

http://s2.postimage.org/5dqraha7f/80h_Qj_DJ4.jpg

I saw the Highway To Hell tour in Baltimore. Incredible show.... Happy 19th Birthday to me the next day... :cheers:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VIt42ZwDrR4/SaAYBMREb4I/AAAAAAAACLY/Sr8ctGUguoA/s400/ACDC+Shes+got+balls+towson+maryland+79+24+bit+rmst++back.jpg

• Like 1

I remember watching the LTBR movie around 86/87 - I rented it from the local video store. And looking at the setlist on the back cover, it shows Touch Too Much...I wonder why this song has not become a major hit in the US, since it has all the elements to do so.

I remember watching the LTBR movie around 86/87 - I rented it from the local video store. And looking at the setlist on the back cover, it shows Touch Too Much...I wonder why this song has not become a major hit in the US, since it has all the elements to do so.

I really think Overdose is my favorite AC/DC tune of all time. Try getting on a treadmill and not speeding it up when that tune comes on........ :yes: On second thought try listen to the whole album and not running your ass off!!!
  • Like 1

Love me some AC/DC.. And both ares are great in their own way..

Was just listening to Flick of the Switch the other day on a walk with the dog.. I love Brian's raspy, cigeraette, beer soaked voice .. Such character, and the perfect voice for Hard Rock.. And he's always come across as a class act, the type of dude you'd sit and throw a pint back with

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 3

^ I keep hearing if you're a nice fan and not insane (lol) they'll gladly shoot the breeze with you. Sometimes I imagine what I'd do if I met them and I always come to the same conclusion- I'd cry. haha. But I would be cute about it lol ;)

Blow Up Your Video is still my favourite Brian album, hands down. so underrated. I just love AC/DC.

I can just remember finishing listening to the Dirty Deeds album when I was 12, and silently getting up, taking my CD case and throwing it away. I never regretted it or thought twice. This was MY band, and that album was life-changing for me.

• Like 2