Van Halen single "TATTOO" - reaction thread

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 10 2012, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (Imaginos @ Jan 10 2012, 01:29 PM)
Just had my first listen via YouTube. Verdict - I can take it or leave it. It's listenable but very repetative.

So is "JUMP!"

This fukking song is BETTER!!!

it's a great song, but hey, let's not go crazy here. jump is a monster track, and as much as this is blasphemous to some old school VH fans and metal heads everywhere, it's also got the added dimension of keyboards to add to the awesome guitar riffage. tattoo is great, jump is classic.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 10 2012, 10:43 PM)
Dave and the boys will be laughing all the way to the bank why most of the Van Halen Haters will be eating Cheetos, drinking a warm 2 liter Pepsi and masturbating for the first time!  laugh.gif

Orange dicks are not cool!  z7shysterical.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Wait, on second thought, no you didn't. no.gif

wtf.gif

tongue.gif

unsure.gif

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good groove, Ed's solo is very good, the chorus is ridiculous. Down in Flames is far superior overall, they shouldve stuck with that original chorus.

the video is also goofy, and seemed forced.

that being said, I love this band, and hope the rest album kicks as much ass as "sources" say it does.

Edited by greg2112

The tune is growing on me, and not necessarily like a fungus.

Its not bad. I figured I would warm up to it.

I was never being a hater, I'm just a bit underwhelmed. atickhum.gif

Edited by Tick

Holy Shit, rough crowd. It's only the Single people, relax. Think of Past Singles they have released...........

You Really Got Me

Jump

Why Can't This Be Love

Pretty Woman

Black and Blue

None of these songs were even close to being the best on those albums. I still don't think it's a Great song by any means but it's better than the songs i listed above . I think some people were expecting for the label to release a song like On Fire as the first single, not gonna happen. I remember being at work in Dec 1983 and hearing Jump for the first time. I hated it, the rest of the album kicks ass imo, i am sure this will be very good as well. I fully believe this album will be the best thing they have done since 1984 , not hard when you have Sammy and Gary on the other albums wink.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 10 2012, 10:25 PM)
7. As Is

This was a real surprise. Could be Hagar era VH. Melodic, slower, understated in many ways. Best track on the album.

Hmmm...interesting indeed. "Hagar Era" and "Best Track"

But shhh...don't tell most people here. The Hagar Haters shall prevail! sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 11 2012, 08:57 AM)
7. As Is

This was a real surprise. Could be Hagar era VH. Melodic, slower, understated in many ways. Best track on the album.

But shhh...don't tell most people here. The Hagar Haters shall prevail! sarcasm.gif

You Rang ????

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2012, 09:59 AM)
7. As Is

You Rang ????

laugh.gif

Sure did. I was just surprised no-one commented on that line since it was posted. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 11 2012, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2012, 09:59 AM)
7. As Is

You Rang ????

laugh.gif

Sure did. I was just surprised no-one commented on that line since it was posted. biggrin.gif

I just read it and i did shed a tear laugh.gif

I agree with many - this song is pure crap, and hopefully they didn't lead with what they thought was "the best".

"i got hula girls on the back of my leg

and she hulas when i walk"

And

"trampstamp cat"

facepalm.gif It's like they lyrics were written by a 15 year old.

I like the song. Nice groove and the solo is quite good, but some of the those lyrics.....tramp stamp cat and "momshell" wacko.gif .

Thanks to this forum I won't be able to hear it and not think about Tattoo from Fantasy Island. Now I'm thinking about him riding around in his little car listening to it. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 11 2012, 09:48 AM)
I like the song. Nice groove and the solo is quite good, but some of the those lyrics.....tramp stamp cat and "momshell" wacko.gif .

Yeah, I agree with that. The music is pretty good. The lyrics coupled with the way DLR talks thru parts completely turn me off of this song.

I dont hate it.

I predict it will grow on me. It will become part of my background music for a spell. I will hear it again in 2 years and go..hey! havent heard this in awhile! ..proceed to turn it up. I will hear it again in 5 years and go. Meh. Change station.

the end.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jan 11 2012, 09:59 AM)
I dont hate it.

I predict it will grow on me.  It will become part of my background music for a spell.  I will hear it again in 2 years and go..hey!  havent heard this in awhile! ..proceed to turn it up.  I will hear it again in 5 years and go.  Meh.  Change station.

the end.

goodpost.gif

Thanks to this forum I won't be able to hear it and not think about Tattoo from Fantasy Island. Now I'm thinking about him riding around in his little car listening to it. rofl3.gif

yes.gif

Not a fan of it. Even Sammy couldn't make it sound better. I don't think the new release will stand the test of time.

QUOTE (Khan @ Jan 11 2012, 09:06 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/66c2d80a350ac0bd181e28bd4ba5f895f4-1.jpg

I think it's a symptom of the 21st century. We live in such an instant gratification world and with the internet, EVERYONE deems themselves a critic. And I think people rush to their keyboards in an effort to have the first pithy quote or first review out there that things often don't get digested properly. And instead of giving themselves room to filter it into their brains, they make concrete statements such as "This sucks. And anyone who likes it sucks. This band sucks now. And so do you. Suck it." Kinda hard to come back from a mindset like that. They mistake knee-jerk opinions as facts.

Ahh, the internet.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 11 2012, 12:07 PM)
I like the song. Nice groove and the solo is quite good, but some of the those lyrics.....tramp stamp cat and "momshell"  wacko.gif .

Thanks to this forum I won't be able to hear it and not think about Tattoo from Fantasy Island. Now I'm thinking about him riding around in his little car listening to it.  rofl3.gif

yes.gif

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/tatu2.jpg

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 11 2012, 12:04 PM)
]She treat me like a personal Jesus
Got the hand...put it where its gonna heal ya
Got the finger...put it right there on the trigger
Well, pump it up, pump it up
Baby make it bigger

Well... Im Going crazy
Pumping it up, pumping it up
(ewww ohhh ya)
It's gonna heal ya

She put the cream in my coffee (first thing in the morning)
Put that butter on my biscuit (honeydew my melons)
Cherries on bananas (gonna need a second helpin')
You know I'm up for breakfast so early in the morning

I remember reading the lyrics to this when it came out in 04. Some of the worst i have Ever read from any band.

Edited by metaldad