Nate2112

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 1 2012, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jan 2 2012, 07:36 AM)
Great movie...just finished it smile.gif

Awesome movie, agreed!! yes.gif

But its REALLY crepping me out right now ph34r.gif unsure.gif

SPOILER ALERT

Im afraid a solar flare's gonna hit the earth

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jan 1 2012, 01:44 PM)
It was alright. better than most of Nic Cage's recent garbage.

I don't think NC is a bad actor, in fact a pretty good one... He just cannot filter out shitty scripts of shitty movies....... He say's "yes" to anything..

Casting Agent: Hey, Uh, Nicky boy.... I got this here movie here for you to read....The movie's called "Unfiltered Garbage" about a genericically written cliche ridden protagonist who goes though a predictable albiet clumsy plot, which leads to an overall unsatisfying ending....

NC: Are there plot holes, and horribly written dialogue?

Agent: You bet your ass there is!

NC: Sign me up..... oh, is there a bee helmet in this one too?

Edited by The Owl

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 1 2012, 08:57 PM)

I don't think NC is a bad actor, in fact a pretty good one... He just cannot filter out shitty scripts of shitty movies....... He say's "yes" to anything..

Casting Agent: Hey, Uh, Nicky boy.... I got this here movie here for you to read....The movie's called "Unfiltered Garbage" about a genericically written cliche ridden protagonist who goes though a predictable albiet clumsy plot, which leads to an overall unsatisfying ending....

Spot on. rofl3.gif

Meh. Pretty standard fare.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 1 2012, 09:57 PM)

Exactly. He's a decent actor but he picks the shittiest movies to be in. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jan 2 2012, 06:13 PM)
I thought it was good until the ending.

SPOILER

Aliens? That seemed a bit dumb to me.

I thought it was awesome smile.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jan 1 2012, 10:45 PM)

Spot on. rofl3.gif

I've seen that, hilarious.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jan 3 2012, 12:42 AM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jan 2 2012, 09:33 PM)
Knowing....Nicholas cage's acting ability, I stay away from everything he has done since Valley Girl.

I thought he was great in Wild At Heart too, but yeah everything else is shit. 062802puke_prv.gif

Adaptation would like to have a word with you.

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jan 3 2012, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jan 3 2012, 12:42 AM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jan 2 2012, 09:33 PM)
Knowing....Nicholas cage's acting ability, I stay away from everything he has done since Valley Girl.

I thought he was great in Wild At Heart too, but yeah everything else is shit. 062802puke_prv.gif

Adaptation would like to have a word with you.

Forgot all about Adaptation. Good film. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 3 2012, 02:59 AM)
Didn't he do Ghost Rider, playing a character called Johnny Blaze? If so, was/is the movie any good?

Yeah, he did. It was a shitty movie. But to be fair, it wasn't just his fault. Everything about the movie was pretty unspectacular. And part 2 is coming out soon. Hopefully, it won't be as shitty. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jan 1 2012, 10:45 PM)

Spot on. rofl3.gif

Somehow, Nick got himself in a financial pinch, so I understand him cranking out film after film regardless.

A shame since he's a pretty good actor.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 4 2012, 02:32 AM)
Didn't he do Ghost Rider, playing a character called Johnny Blaze? If so, was/is the movie any good?

Yeah, he did. It was a shitty movie. But to be fair, it wasn't just his fault. Everything about the movie was pretty unspectacular. And part 2 is coming out soon. Hopefully, it won't be as shitty. ph34r.gif

Oh, dear... The only bit I've ever seen is what looks like an extremely long motorbike scene done to some music I don't recognize. That bit wasn't bad.

Still, on the + side, as least I now know where your name and av comes from. smile.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 3 2012, 06:23 AM)
I never checked this out, but I meant to. I liked a few of Alex Proyas' other movies (Dark City and I, Robot).

Dark City is phenomonal.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 4 2012, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 4 2012, 02:32 AM)

Oh, dear... The only bit I've ever seen is what looks like an extremely long motorbike scene done to some music I don't recognize. That bit wasn't bad.

Still, on the + side, as least I now know where your name and av comes from. smile.gif

Yeah, I like the Ghost Rider comic character & a certain band that has a song by that name. Besides, I just like the sound of "Johnny Blaze" smile.gif . The GR movie just happened to suck...but I was on TRF before that abysmal film. Damn you Cage, why couldn't you do a movie based off a crappy superhero character like Plastic Man!!! tongue.gif

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/plastic_man_small.jpg

Nick already looks like him anyway! tongue.gif

Thinking back on all Cage films that I've seen, I think I like Raising Arizona the best yes.gif

It was decent. I thought the ending showed that they were trying too hard. It really is a shame because he's a good actor, but his roles are terrible.