Weird Opinions

danielmclark

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a politician that everyone else in my province hates.

He's a nice guy and an intelligent man. He's never done anything to hurt me.

I feel so conflicted and torn. Like a traitor. I won't say who it is.

Edited by Boots

Mint is an absolutely disgusting flavor (unless paired with chocolate). Can you imagine brushing your teeth for a lifetime with something that tastes like you shouldn't be putting it in your mouth? Yes, I'm aware there's toothpaste flavored with something other than mint, but it's four or five times as expensive. Ggggrr. angry.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jan 10 2012, 11:37 PM)
Mint is an absolutely disgusting flavor (unless paired with chocolate). Can you imagine brushing your teeth for a lifetime with something that tastes like you shouldn't be putting it in your mouth? Yes, I'm aware there's toothpaste flavored with something other than mint, but it's four or five times as expensive. Ggggrr. angry.gif

goodpost.gif I absolutely HATE the aftertaste from brushing your teeth.

Then you can't eat anything for about 15 minutes without it tasting like mints! angry.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 29 2011, 12:44 PM)
Here's one.

I think Pink Floyd's A Momentary Lapse of Reason is a better album than either The Wall or Dark Side of the Moon.

Crazy, right?

I agree. Does that make us both crazy? wacko.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 13 2012, 03:33 AM)
Brad Pitt is not a good actor. He's definitely not the worst, but probably one of the most overrated.

He was pretty damn good in Inglorious Bastards.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 14 2012, 03:59 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 13 2012, 03:33 AM)
Brad Pitt is not a good actor. He's definitely not the worst, but probably one of the most overrated.

He was pretty damn good in Inglorious Bastards.

I've heard many people say that was a decent flick but my dislike of Brad pushed me away. I should give it a go eh?

QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Jan 4 2012, 09:10 PM)
I don't text and I have no interest in learning how.  I believe in phoning, e-mailing, talking to face-to-face, and yes, I even believe in hand-writing letters to friends!  Sometimes I wish we could do without computers

+1. I long for the days of pre-computers and cellphones and mp3 players, even though I have a computer and three mp3 players. I hate modern society's obsession with cellphones and iPads and blackberries and all that sh*t.

When I see people driving and talking on their phones and going 25 mph, I want to run their car off the road. When I see a group of a dozen or so teens and they are ALL staring down and texting and not actually conversing, I feel like an old man with a cane yelling "you young whippersnappers! when I was your age....!"

I like the old commercials for Vytorin - the cholesterol lowering drug. Something about the music and images on screen that I thought were kinda trippy.

I'm a teacher that hates homework, surprise tests/quizzes, making a big deal out of tardies, and the supposed sanctity of certain aspects of the curriclulum.

I don't get a lot of the mythology built up around many traditional teacher practices.

A conversation with a colleague:

Him: I give kids detention if they are unprepared for class.

Me: Why?

Him: The real world expects you to be prepared!

Me: When's the last time someone refused to provide their service because you didn't bring a pen to sign your check?

Edited by goose

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jan 15 2012, 11:20 AM)
Cell phones, on the other hand, are just an excuse for people to be needy, intrusive, and a complete pain in the ass. Great to have in case of emergencies, but if I could have a cell phone that destructed after one use, I would take it. biggrin.gif

You must not have kids. Cell phones are the best invention of the 20th century for people with kids. I never have to worry that my babysitter can't get a hold of me (for whatever reason, doesn't have to be an emergency, maybe there's just a question about where to find something). Never have to worry that I'm not home when my kids' school calls looking for me. And not just my kids, my wife never needs to worry that I'm out of contact, my parents, my remaining grandparent... they can get a hold of me when they want or need to.

And nobody expects that I'll pick up every single time. That's what voicemail is for. And nobody gets pissed off at me when I don't answer or when they text me and I don't respond right away. Maybe it's an age thing, maybe it's just the people in my life, but nobody I know is that impatient or... well, that much of an assh*le, I guess. You call or text, you leave a message, the person gets back to you. It's not hard.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 15 2012, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jan 15 2012, 11:20 AM)
Cell phones, on the other hand, are just an excuse for people to be needy, intrusive, and a complete pain in the ass. Great to have in case of emergencies, but if I could have a cell phone that destructed after one use, I would take it. biggrin.gif

You must not have kids. Cell phones are the best invention of the 20th century for people with kids. I never have to worry that my babysitter can't get a hold of me (for whatever reason, doesn't have to be an emergency, maybe there's just a question about where to find something). Never have to worry that I'm not home when my kids' school calls looking for me. And not just my kids, my wife never needs to worry that I'm out of contact, my parents, my remaining grandparent... they can get a hold of me when they want or need to.

And nobody expects that I'll pick up every single time. That's what voicemail is for. And nobody gets pissed off at me when I don't answer or when they text me and I don't respond right away. Maybe it's an age thing, maybe it's just the people in my life, but nobody I know is that impatient or... well, that much of an assh*le, I guess. You call or text, you leave a message, the person gets back to you. It's not hard.

goodpost.gif

The "intrusiveness" of cellphones is all in the eyes of the user. In fact, I hear you can even turn them off if you want. pokey.gif

I think texting is flat out rude. Everyone around me interrupts activities just to text. I'm hanging out with some friends and they cut themselves off mid sentence to answer a text every few minutes. People text me too. I check to see who it is. If it's important (which it rarely is), I excuse myself and reply. If not, my cell goes back into my pocket and I answer when I'm alone.

To top it off, it's incredibly impersonal. It's great for one sentence messages like "I'm at the restaurant, at the table near the bar", but I won't take texting further than that.

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jan 15 2012, 03:43 PM)
I think texting is flat out rude. Everyone around me interrupts activities just to text. I'm hanging out with some friends and they cut themselves off mid sentence to answer a text every few minutes. People text me too. I check to see who it is. If it's important (which it rarely is), I excuse myself and reply. If not, my cell goes back into my pocket and I answer when I'm alone.

To top it off, it's incredibly impersonal. It's great for one sentence messages like "I'm at the restaurant, at the table near the bar", but I won't take texting further than that.

Sounds like you need new friends. The tools aren't the problem, the way some people use the tools is the problem.

[edit - i'm not putting down your friends, i was being mostly facetious.]

Edited by danielmclark

I hate winter. It's not just because of the weather. There's like 16 hours of darkness everyday. No wonder I never get anything done. For the 8 hours that we do get light, I am stuck in the office.

comp26.gif

I honestly hate brushing my teeth. I do it, yes, but I find it gross...

Have you tried Toms natural toothpaste? It's probably pricier like you said though.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 25 2012, 11:27 AM)

I honestly hate brushing my teeth. I do it, yes, but I find it gross...

Have you tried Toms natural toothpaste? It's probably pricier like you said though.

Yup, I used their kids' toothpaste before Wegman's stopped carrying it, then their apricot, but it's 4.something a tube, so sometimes I go for something cheaper (but yuckier).