Favorite Stand-up Comedian videos

Lost In Xanadu

Robin Williams. About 1986. He was talking about swearing, and he recalled the story of his son in being in the back of the car. He said that his son repeated what his dad had said: "F*** it, f*** it, f*** it."

I'm not that knowledgeable about stand comedians but typically I find women to be funnier in their acts than men.

Elaine Stritch is funny.

As for men, George Lopez can be hilarious. I saw one of his stand up routines on TV and he had me laughing pretty good. I remember he made a comment about the reality show "Survivor" where he stated he couldn't understand why producers would put the cast on tropical islands. He said that they should try putting them in South Central L.A. and see if they can survive there.

It's not funny the way I write it but his delivery was hilarious.

And he definitely pokes fun at the latino community, good naturedly of course.

My best Bill Cosby experience was when I was a child and I had his album Wonderfulness. I could still listen to it today and laugh my ass off..... rofl3.gif His stories of Special Class, Tonsils, and The Chicken Heart are immortal to me.

http://sixties60s.com/1966/wonderfulness.jpg

Richard Pryor's Live In Concert (his very first film) is the best on stage stand-up film EVER.... 1022.gif 1022.gif

Joan Rivers was severely underrated as a comedian. Her wit and unrelenting nasty-satire of celebrities was brilliant! rofl3.gif

Kathy Griffin is a master story-teller. She's like Joan Rivers, but with more body to her stories. Rivers was more like a drive-by shooter with her mockeries, but Griffin spins 15-minute long epics about her "encounters" with certain celebrities and political dorks. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 17 2011, 12:33 PM)
Joan Rivers was a comedian? You mean she was known for something other than horrible plastic surgery and red carpet snark?

Don't forget about that cr@p she peddles on QVC.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 17 2011, 01:33 PM)
Joan Rivers was a comedian? You mean she was known for something other than horrible plastic surgery and red carpet snark?

laugh.gif laugh.gif Yep...!! Back in the day, she was an outstanding comedian.....and she also pissed quite a few people off!

Her famous catch phrase was "Can we talk?"....meaning she wanted to have a no-holds-barred talk about whichever celebrity was to be skewed that day.... the funniest smack-talk of her Era..... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Must add

Gabriel Iglesias (Hot and Fluffy)

I like Jeff Dunham too..saw him live at my college back in the day if you can believe it.

Bill Engval...HEEERE'S YOUR SIGN ( rofl3.gif )

And it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway.

I love everything by the late, great GEORGE CARLIN.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Dec 19 2011, 02:50 PM)
Must add

Gabriel Iglesias (Hot and Fluffy)

I like Jeff Dunham too..saw him live at my college back in the day if you can believe it.

Bill Engval...HEEERE'S YOUR SIGN ( rofl3.gif )

And it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway.

I love everything by the late, great GEORGE CARLIN.

George will always be #1. yes.gif

Queen, I love Hot & Fluffy too! He's a riot, and so down-to-earth.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Dec 19 2011, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Dec 17 2011, 08:17 AM)
Sam Kinison's stuff kills me.

goodpost.gif

One of the best bits in the history of comedy...

QUOTE (goose @ Dec 19 2011, 11:32 PM)

goodpost.gif

That was one of his bits on the Have You Seen Me Lately? album, and it was probably my favorite bit he ever did. He made it funny, and he had a pretty good point.

I'm not a huge Kinison fan though... the rampant homophobia was off-putting because he wasn't being (it seemed) ironic. He really came off as genuinely hating gays. That, plus the novelty of hearing him scream "OH-OHHHHH!" over and over and over wore pretty thin after about ten minutes.

More than most comics of the era, he's very dated. He was a very 80's kind of guy and his attitudes and resulting comedy reflect that. Compared to things that some other comics - Carlin, for example - put out in the 80's, Kinison doesn't hold up especially well.

He died in April of 1992. I wonder what his comedy would have been like in later years. The way I see it, he could have chosen the Eddie Murphy route - cleaning up, taking on more mainstream projects - or he could have taken the Andrew Dice Clay route, fading into career obscurity and irrelevance.

Bill Hicks - Arizona Bay

Jim Gaffigan - Beyond the Pale

George Carlin - Carlin on Campus, You Are All Diseased

Robin Williams - Weapons of Self Destruction

Bill Cosby - Himself

Dave Chappelle - Killin' Them Softly

Ron White - You Can't Fix Stupid

• Like 1

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 20 2011, 01:17 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Dec 19 2011, 11:32 PM)

goodpost.gif

That was one of his bits on the Have You Seen Me Lately? album, and it was probably my favorite bit he ever did. He made it funny, and he had a pretty good point.

I'm not a huge Kinison fan though... the rampant homophobia was off-putting because he wasn't being (it seemed) ironic. He really came off as genuinely hating gays. That, plus the novelty of hearing him scream "OH-OHHHHH!" over and over and over wore pretty thin after about ten minutes.

More than most comics of the era, he's very dated. He was a very 80's kind of guy and his attitudes and resulting comedy reflect that. Compared to things that some other comics - Carlin, for example - put out in the 80's, Kinison doesn't hold up especially well.

He died in April of 1992. I wonder what his comedy would have been like in later years. The way I see it, he could have chosen the Eddie Murphy route - cleaning up, taking on more mainstream projects - or he could have taken the Andrew Dice Clay route, fading into career obscurity and irrelevance.

Probably the latter.

By the end of his brief career (and life sad.gif ) he had milked the outrageous scream routine for all it could take. Really and Lenny Bruce kind of story...

Aziz Ansari - Dangerously Delicious

Christian Finnegan - Two For Flinching

John Mulaney - New In Town

Jackie "The Joke Man" Martling - Sgt. Pepper

Stephen Lynch - Craig Machine

Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe (seen this live :LOL: )

and my favorite comedian: Louis Katz - If These Balls Could Talk

Edited by default236