Typing a reply that you never post

Lost In Xanadu

Have you ever done it?

I notice I do it like once a week. I type something I think is a humorous response, but decide against it because of a variety of things like...

Maybe the person won't think it's funny and just more "piling on"

Maybe the admins already said the same thing and no need for a regular joe to reinforce the same point already made by an admin.

Maybe after reading it, it wasn't as funny as I originally thought and decided to scrap it.

Maybe it just doesn't matter because you know your awesome point will get ignored by the people you are trying to speak to. (usually SOCN only smile.gif)

etc

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

I get that too - reading the text and thinking, hang on, does that look right? Sometimes I end up scrapping bits of it and starting that again, and other times, I ditch the whole lot and start all over again, because what I just edited doesn't look right with the rest of the text. And then I think, o hang it all, I'll try again later.

Yeah. I type a lot of dopey things on the spur of the moment. I'm usually able to recognize the foolishness/pointlessness of the remarks upon rereading them prior to posting, which typically wasn't the case in my younger days. doh.gif

Oh, constantly. Furthermore, there have been some things that I've posted that I definitely shouldn't have. Let's just say that I have learned to be more careful about getting all full of myself.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 13 2011, 12:44 PM)
Let's just say that I have learned to be more careful about getting all full of myself.

Don't give up - you'll get there someday laugh.gif

(you know I'm just kidding, right... please don't ban me!)

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 13 2011, 12:26 PM)
All.

The.

Time.

I should actually start keeping score just to see how many times I write a lengthy response only to delete it.

Considering some of the stuff you post, that's amazing z7shysterical.gif

Glad I'm not the only one !

I will add....

Fallen asleep, while composing a post,

& Just now, got distracted by a phone call

and walked away from the pc after I opened the reply window & typed the 1st line.

biggrin.gif

. Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 13 2011, 07:16 PM)
Guilty as charged, mostly when I believe it's just going to open up a whole 'nother can of worms, or add fuel to the fire.

Like sending an email. Once you've fired it off, then realized your mistake, it's too late.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 13 2011, 02:37 PM)
Guilty as charged, mostly when I believe it's just going to open up a whole 'nother can of worms, or add fuel to the fire.

Like sending an email. Once you've fired it off, then realized your mistake, it's too late.

Yeah, nothing worse than a follow-up email...

"Sorry for the typo in my last email... it was supposed to say PUBLIC schools"

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 13 2011, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 13 2011, 02:37 PM)

Yeah, nothing worse than a follow-up email...

"Sorry for the typo in my last email... it was supposed to say PUBLIC schools"

It's instances like that when autocorrect doesn't do what it says on the tin..! tongue.gif

I'm usually okay at brushing up my emails before sending them. My problem is that I inevitably forget to say something in the email, and then I worry that I'll seem like a goober if I send off another one that includes the forgotten thought.

I do that quite a bit..sometimes I'll write a long post,

and then decide not to post it at all..turns out to be

a total waste of time.Oh well...

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 13 2011, 11:14 AM)
Maybe it just doesn't matter because you know your awesome point will get ignored by the people you are trying to speak to. (usually SOCN only smile.gif)

Every. Day.

There are VOLUMES and VOLUMES of self-censored KJ material. Hell, there's probably more that I've deleted than I've posted. It seems like it's a fight with myself as to "Is this the best way to say this?" or "Am I just posting out of frustration?" or "Is anyone even going to give this a modicum of consideration?"

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 13 2011, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 13 2011, 12:26 PM)
All.

The.

Time.

I should actually start keeping score just to see how many times I write a lengthy response only to delete it.

Considering some of the stuff you post, that's amazing z7shysterical.gif

Makes you wonder what I don't say to you people. tongue.gif

Or tell you people laugh.gif