43 members have voted

1. 1. Does your avatar define you?

• Yes, I'm recognized by my avatar
    • No, I change my avatar more often then my underwear

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 29 2011, 07:11 PM)
Some people change their avatars as often as their moods change.  Some people are identified by their avatars (Rushman14 = guitar playing monkey). 

laugh.gif yep my avatar defines me, for better or worse.

I did switch to this one breifly.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kwss76rLNv1qziwcjo1_500.gif

Edited by Rushman14

I had the same avatar for a few years, Roy Lichtenstein's Crying Girl, my favorite piece of work by him. The one I have now is Girl with Heart Baloon by Banksy. Doesn't really define me, made sense at the time I changed it. But, I LOVE Banksy. So, in a way, it does. smile.gif

Once you've seen an image a certain number of times you either cease to really look at it anymore or you see it in a totally different way and you realise this if you, at later date, look closely at it for the first time in a long while.

I change my username and avatar from time to time. While I am experienced in computers, but here I am largely an exaggeration. In reality I'm a closet Trekkie. Very few people know how much of a Trekkie I am. Most know I like Star Trek, but they are under the impression that I'll watch it if it pops up on TV, but never peruse watching it in theaters, bending my schedule around it to watch on the internet or buy DVDs.

In other words....holy crap no.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 30 2011, 04:25 PM)
I change my username and avatar from time to time. While I am experienced in computers, but here I am largely an exaggeration. In reality I'm a closet Trekkie. Very few people know how much of a Trekkie I am. Most know I like Star Trek, but they are under the impression that I'll watch it if it pops up on TV, but never peruse watching it in theaters, bending my schedule around it to watch on the internet or buy DVDs.

You need to come out of the closet and walk free dressed in your full klingon outfit, the wind blowing through your wig and ruffling your fake beard...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 30 2011, 04:30 PM)

You need to come out of the closet and walk free dressed in your full klingon outfit, the wind blowing through your wig and ruffling your fake beard...

laugh.gif

:backsawayslowly:

I've had my avatar some time now. It represents a few things:

First it's the star, Cygnus X1, so thats the Rush connection.

Second: there's the sci-fi aspect as I'm into sci-fi. Also see above.

Lastly , for years I couldn't see stars with the naked eye, due to congenital cataracts. So when I first saw them I was instantly fascinated. I'm not that knowledgable but I have the Starwalk app on my iPhone and I love to watch programs about the cosmos, most recently Professor Brian Cox's "Wonders of the solar system" and "Wonders of the universe".

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Nov 30 2011, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Nov 30 2011, 12:37 PM)
I've always changed mine based on my mood and interests at the time. When something piques my interest more than Ponies, Twilight Sparkle will go away. laugh.gif

Do you need some help with that?

smile.gif

You get massive kudos if you can find something cooler than Ponies. wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Nov 30 2011, 05:04 PM)
I've always changed mine based on my mood and interests at the time. When something piques my interest more than Ponies, Twilight Sparkle will go away. laugh.gif

smile.gif

You get massive kudos if you can find something cooler than Ponies. wink.gif laugh.gif

How about nearly everything under the sun? unsure.gif

I counted them up and I have had about 20-25 different avatars since I started posting on TRF.

What can I say? I love 'em. tongue.gif

My favourites have been:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/056/b/a/basketball_time_by_roleplay4life-d3aextn.gif http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/082/d/3/i__ll_fly_away_by_roleplay4life-d3cb9ja.gif http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/033/a/3/neil_peart_la_by_roleplay4life-d38mwiv.gif http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/088/7/f/duh__winning_by_roleplay4life-d3cs3m5.gif http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/161/c/7/avatar_invader_by_roleplay4life-d3il6j4.gif http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/168/f/2/vengeance_looks_like_this_by_roleplay4life-d3j7jui.gif http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/205/0/8/i_love_voldy_by_roleplay4life-d41kbf4.gif http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/218/3/e/hufflepuff_plz_by_roleplay4life-d45nwz4.jpg http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/267/e/f/stargate_gazing_by_roleplay4life-d4aup55.gif

And I drew all of those except for Charlie Sheen's face in the "Duh, Winning!" one and the Stargate in the last one.

QUOTE (Boplicity @ Nov 30 2011, 05:28 PM)

smile.gif

Hey, look who it is! It's Tidewater/Can-Utility! Everyone say hi! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 30 2011, 07:02 PM)

smile.gif

Well, that didn't take long! unsure.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 30 2011, 07:16 PM)

smile.gif

He can't live without us! And it shows in the respect he shows towards the board and its members! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 30 2011, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 30 2011, 07:16 PM)

smile.gif

He can't live without us! And it shows in the respect he shows towards the board and its members! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Sarcasm?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 1 2011, 06:30 AM)

laugh.gif

Nah. USB is more likely to wear a Starfleet Academy cadet uniform than some Klingon garb. I can imagine him waiting at the cine line for the Star Trek tickets, standing straight up with hands behind his back like he's standing at attention as Captain Picard walks by. tongue.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 30 2011, 02:25 PM)

wub.gif Star Trek wub.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 30 2011, 07:27 PM)

laugh.gif

Nah. USB is more likely to wear a Starfleet Academy cadet uniform than some Klingon garb. I can imagine him waiting at the cine line for the Star Trek tickets, standing straight up with hands behind his back like he's standing at attention as Captain Picard walks by. tongue.gif trink38.gif

laugh.gif Very funny guys, but I intend to stay in the Star Trek closet in real life because a nerd reputation is disastrous when trying to make friends and contacts in a university.

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 29 2011, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 29 2011, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 29 2011, 09:27 PM)
I used to have the same avatar for the longest time, then once I changed it that first time I started changing it often.

I liked this one.

http://www.glogster.com/media/5/29/89/16/29891631.jpg

And what the hell is your current one supposed to be? confused13.gif

I took down the Halloween stuff, and realized I didn't have any pictures on my hard drive to replace it with. So I looked through TRF's avatars and nabbed this one. I don't get it either. laugh.gif

Once I hook up to my external drive I'll probably put the Rush jacket pic up.

Yeah - my title still matches to that avatar. I should ask 1-0-0-1 to do something about that one of these days. I miss my original title.

I forget what your original title was. What was it?

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Dec 1 2011, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 30 2011, 07:27 PM)

laugh.gif

laugh.gif Very funny guys, but I intend to stay in the Star Trek closet in real life because a nerd reputation is disastrous when trying to make friends and contacts in a university.

No way man! Just ask some girl, "Do you think the Squire of Gothos was really a Q?" and watch how fast she brings you back to her sorority house for a roll in the sack! tongue.gif