last movie you watched

sonicjams

welch20raquel20fathom_01.jpg

This image PROVES Raquel is the greatest actress of all time!

Agreed! (If I stop thinking with my head)

The other head!

I don't know, man...this picture is reality dated...

This is Raquel Welch. Lies.

I can kind of see her appeal, but she was in no way shape or form a good actress. ;)

You are right.

She was two great actresses!

• Like 1

I did! I love musicals, and I was delighted by this, as every single note was performed live on camera. Phenomenal!

Aloha

Directed by Cameron Crowe.

Really, really enjoyed it.

I only saw it in theaters because my two biggest actress crushes are in it. Sad to say, Cameron Crowe peaked years ago. That dance scene with Emma and Murray during that Hall and Oates song was good though as well as that final hilarious scene between Cooper and Krasinski.

Edited by invisible airwave

Aloha

Directed by Cameron Crowe.

Really, really enjoyed it.

I only saw it in theaters because my two biggest actress crushes are in it. Sad to say, Cameron Crowe peaked years ago. That dance scene with Emma and Murray during that Hall and Oates song was good though as well as that final hilarious scene between Cooper and Krasinski.

Hmm...never heard of it. But I really like Cameron Crowe...up to the awful Elizabethtown at least. Stopped watching anything by him after that.

May have to give this Aloha a go though.

http://www.antoniogenna.net/doppiaggio/film/alien4.jpg

The worst of the Sigourney Alien flicks. I didn't really like anything about this. I didn't like much of the dialogue, there was no suspense or horror and too few satisfying action scenes, Sigourney wasn't even Ripley, Perlman wasn't anything special (and he usually is), and Winona was TOO Winona.

Grade: D

• Like 1

The worst of the Sigourney Alien flicks. I didn't really like anything about this. I didn't like much of the dialogue, there was no suspense or horror and too few satisfying action scenes, Sigourney wasn't even Ripley, Perlman wasn't anything special (and he usually is), and Winona was TOO Winona.

I agree. Nothing to really like about it.

At least the third and fourth Alien films are better than the third and fourth Terminator films. But I think for both franchises, trying to follow up on James Cameron's game changing works proved a pretty sucky job to take on.

I think the problem with Resurrection is that is had to follow the rather woeful Alien3, which had a very intriguing premise and setting, but a franchise killing finale.

The fourth one is a pure popcorn flick for me. Which is not good enough for this franchise, but at least it is better than Prometheus.

Which reminds me: I need to check out Terminator: Genisys.

At least the third and fourth Alien films are better than the third and fourth Terminator films. But I think for both franchises, trying to follow up on James Cameron's game changing works proved a pretty sucky job to take on.

I think the problem with Resurrection is that is had to follow the rather woeful Alien3, which had a very intriguing premise and setting, but a franchise killing finale.

The fourth one is a pure popcorn flick for me. Which is not good enough for this franchise, but at least it is better than Prometheus.

Agree with most of that.

Here's where I'd put Alien 3 & 4 and Terminator 3 & 4:

A3 > T3 > A4 > T4.

Their Grades : A3 (C-), T3 (D), A4 (D), T4 (F)

Haven't seen Terminator Genysis either and have heard it's total garbage. So yeah, I'll probably be seeing that at some point. :LOL:

And I haven't seen Prometheus yet. May have to watch that then bitch about it afterwards. :)

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Agree with most of that.

A3 > T3 > A4 > T4.

Haven't seen Terminator Genysis either and have heard it's total garbage. So yeah, I'll probably be seeing that at some point. :LOL:

And I haven't seen Prometheus yet. May have to watch that then bitch about it afterwards. :)

We all have our own views of course, but I have never known anyone to truly think any of the post-second installment Terminator or Alien films are great. I did really enjoy the initial set up of Alien3, but it took a nosedive somewhere before it broke the halfway point and ended up a disappointing experience.

I have heard the latest Terminator is good, and even better than the embarrassingly enjoyable third installment, so I will soon be giving it a go!

And I hate Prometheus. All the gritty realism that made the first two Alien films such unnerving, and ultimately rewatchable movies is replaced with big budget effects, sets, and a big name cast. At times, the sight of Charlize Theron strutting through the ships corridors like a beauty queen made the whole thing feel like one big commercial, and I really hated the whole thing. I know some love it, others like it, but I hate it and it almost derailed my affection for the entire franchise.

Fortunately it was forgettable, so it left no impact on my view on the original masterpieces, Alien and Aliens.

Edited by Segue Myles

Agree with most of that.

A3 > T3 > A4 > T4.

I saw Terminator Genysis a few weeks ago, it was ok but pretty forgettable.

Prometheus promises a lot, trying to bring something new to the franchise but in the end it's just another alien film only there's no xenomorph alien, just a couple of other ones that don't measure up. The film also supposedly answers a lot of age old questions about mankind's origins and the future, except no it doesn't...

• Like 1

Agree with most of that.

A3 > T3 > A4 > T4.

Prometheus promises a lot, trying to bring something new to the franchise but in the end it's just another alien film only there's no xenomorph alien, just a couple of other ones that don't measure up. The film also supposedly answers a lot of age old questions about mankind's origins and the future, except no it doesn't...

Agree completely.

Agree with most of that.

A3 > T3 > A4 > T4.

Agree completely.

It was such a shame that Prometheus sucked. It had potential but ultimately ended up being totally forgettable.

• Like 1

Agree with most of that.

A3 > T3 > A4 > T4.

Agree completely.

It was such a shame that Prometheus sucked. It had potential but ultimately ended up being totally forgettable.

I think it needed the same low budget and carefully incorporated effects to help cement it as a part of the franchise.

It ended up looking, and feeling like a completely generic sci fi actioner, and not the good kind, like Pitch Black. Soulless drivel.

• Like 1