last movie you watched

sonicjams

Horror-castle-poster.jpg

A spooky take if ever there was one. The jazz score is a tad overpowering at times.

This is the 100th Christopher Lee film I've watched in this 3 year LEE kick I've been on. I've watched all 100 at least once and some of them twice or three times! And of course I've seen some of them about 2 dozen times before that over the years. This is the first time I've seen this one though.

http://braindamaged.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/kingsman.jpg

I was not impressed. Some parts were witty and interesting, but for the most part, I found it to be redundant, crude and vulgar.

I give it a 3.5 out of 10. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

By far the lowest rating I've heard of for it. Everyone I know thought it was more or less a riot.

Church scene anyone?

I am definitely one of the minority group. :LOL: It really turned me off. I must be getting old and prudish, as the #1 turnoff was the 10,000 F-bombs in the dialogue. With Firth and Caine in the film, I had expected something more sophisticated.

The church scene actually had me say out loud, "Is this going to end soon?" Hearing "Free Bird" cranked up loud didn't help much, either.

Ironically, my mother loved it. She saw it in the theater and said it was great, so I bought the Blu-ray. I'm watching this crude talking, violent film with my 75-year old mother, and then towards the end, the Swedish princess asks our Hero to do her up the asshole.......Needless to say, I felt rather uncomfortable. :doh: :LOL:

I loved it. Bond with more fun more action etc. I did not care fo rthe overdone thing with Samuel L. Jacksons lisp.

Jurassic World

A monster movie classic. Thy remembered what made the original a classic, and updated it perfectly.

It feels both old fashioned and very modern.

9/10

It saw it yesterday and was blown away! It has it down points, but more than enough to make up for it. In many ways I even enjoyed it more than Jurassic Park, and that's saying a lot.

I'd give 9 out 10 also.

In all honesty, when you go to see a film like Jurassic Park, you don't want complicated plots, advanced characterisation or mind blowing originality.

But you also want more than what the second and third films offered! Jurassic World delivered everything I asked for, gave a little more than even my high expectations anticipated, and had a few minor faults that are inevitable with these monster movies. But thin characters, corny dialogue (which mostly isn't applicable with this for once!), and the fact that once again we have the two children lost in isolation again is not a deal breaker!

But I mean, they could be niggles. But this film delivers everything I enjoy about old school blockbusters and it honestly is a close match for the original (and I might actually prefer it!).

I still think the ultimate Jurassic Park experience is the original novel by Michael Crichton. But the films excel at what they do, and my childhood spent a lot of time devoted to these!

Cool. Im going to see it at IMAX very soon.

• Like 1

Jurassic World

A monster movie classic. Thy remembered what made the original a classic, and updated it perfectly.

It feels both old fashioned and very modern.

9/10

It saw it yesterday and was blown away! It has it down points, but more than enough to make up for it. In many ways I even enjoyed it more than Jurassic Park, and that's saying a lot.

I'd give 9 out 10 also.

In all honesty, when you go to see a film like Jurassic Park, you don't want complicated plots, advanced characterisation or mind blowing originality.

But you also want more than what the second and third films offered! Jurassic World delivered everything I asked for, gave a little more than even my high expectations anticipated, and had a few minor faults that are inevitable with these monster movies. But thin characters, corny dialogue (which mostly isn't applicable with this for once!), and the fact that once again we have the two children lost in isolation again is not a deal breaker!

But I mean, they could be niggles. But this film delivers everything I enjoy about old school blockbusters and it honestly is a close match for the original (and I might actually prefer it!).

I still think the ultimate Jurassic Park experience is the original novel by Michael Crichton. But the films excel at what they do, and my childhood spent a lot of time devoted to these!

Cool. Im going to see it at IMAX very soon.

Leave your brain at the ticket booth and collect after, and you should have a great time!

• Like 1

Rubbish!!! I don't know why I keep watching these dodgy thrillers!

Two_Men_in_Town.PNG

This is a bit better.

That poster and tagline makes it look like a First Blood esque plot.

http://i.imgur.com/UKy00l9.jpg

True story, this movie was released in the US one day before I was born that year. Even opened at #1.

Rubbish!!! I don't know why I keep watching these dodgy thrillers!

Two_Men_in_Town.PNG

This is a bit better.

That poster and tagline makes it look like a First Blood esque plot.

Naaa it wasn't that good. It was very, very slow and the story just wasn't all that great.

The_Alamo_1960_poster.jpg

I love these old posters. So much character and atmosphere, none of these plastic photoshopped botch jobs that seem to litter adverts everywhere you go.

• Like 1

Jurassic World

third overrated garbage sequel film of the year (not that I saw or will mention the other two, but), I'm pissed that these movies exist... Nothing depresses in the way that shitty contrived art does, particularly when people are raving about it :(

Before any of you jump down my throat for saying this, remember that you likely have the same sentiment towards modern pop/dance/club/rap music etc.. ;) (and I do too of course)

Edited by Mr. Not

Jurassic World

third overrated garbage sequel film of the year (not that I saw or will mention the other two, but), I'm pissed that these movies exist... Nothing depresses in the way that shitty contrived art does, particularly when people are raving about it :(

Before any of you jump down my throat for saying this, remember that you likely have the same sentiment towards modern pop/dance/club/rap music etc.. ;) (and I do too of course)

I went in and chose deliberately not to take it seriously, which is something this film doesn't ask us to do.

And I had more fun watching this than I ever did any of the Avengers movies.

http://new.naturalbd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/my-neighbour-totoro.jpg

I adore this movie. Screaming kids aside, this is truly beautiful and the structure of the "plot" is unique and elevates this movie into the realms of high art.

My dad is 76 and he thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Miyazaki is my favourite film director of all time, and I wouldn't claim to be a big anime fan (I am not).

• Like 2