last movie you watched

sonicjams

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows- Part One

At last! A Harry Potter movie with time to breathe! If only books four to six could have been divided into two each as well.

This is a beautifully directed, haunting and emotionally devastating film experience, and regardless of how uncool Harry Potter may be now, I still think this is the greatest Hollywood franchise of all time, with the weakest moments (for me, films four and six) proving to be truly great films in their own right.

But the last two films are something else altogether. Some silly changes to the story aside, I couldn't have bettered these.

At last! A Harry Potter movie with time to breathe! If only books four to six could have been divided into two each as well.

This is a beautifully directed, haunting and emotionally devastating film experience, and regardless of how uncool Harry Potter may be now, I still think this is the greatest Hollywood franchise of all time, with the weakest moments (for me, films four and six) proving to be truly great films in their own right.

But the last two films are something else altogether. Some silly changes to the story aside, I couldn't have bettered these.

Except that I thought Voldemort was much scarier in the books than he was in the movies.

• Like 1

Except that I thought Voldemort was much scarier in the books than he was in the movies.

They more than made up for that with the excellent side characters, such as Umbridge of Bellatrix! I agree Voldemort's wasn't scary, but to be honest I found him more pitiable in the books than horrifying, he seemed predestined to be damaged and corruptible.

• Like 1

The_Cobler_poster.jpg

Was this any good?

I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but in general I love his movies! Including the bad ones (Blended, Jack And Jill or Bedtime Stories, anyone?).

Then I think you´ll enjoy The Cobbler. It´s not in-your-face and over the top humour as Jack and Jill and his other useless efforts (IMO), and it´s a bit more well rounded.
  • Like 1

Then I think you´ll enjoy The Cobbler. It´s not in-your-face and over the top humour as Jack and Jill and his other useless efforts (IMO), and it´s a bit more well rounded.

So like his better movies?

I stand by my belief that The Wedding Singer is one of the greatest romantic comedies of all time! If its anything like his early stuff I should be happy.

• Like 2

I stand by my belief that The Wedding Singer is one of the greatest romantic comedies of all time! If its anything like his early stuff I should be happy.

He´s less histrionic and stupid on this one. I think you´ll like it.

• Like 1

He´s less histrionic and stupid on this one. I think you´ll like it.

Good! Because I was thinking of missing it as even I have my limits.

The_Cobler_poster.jpg

Was this any good?

I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but in general I love his movies! Including the bad ones (Blended, Jack And Jill or Bedtime Stories, anyone?).

it's an odd movie, not as crass as many of his endevours--not as funny either--but very enjoyable.

• Like 1

The_Cobler_poster.jpg

Was this any good?

it's an odd movie, not as crass as many of his endevours--not as funny either--but very enjoyable.

I am actually really excited for a Sandler film in a way I haven't been in ages!

Unbelievable, t-d!!! I rented Salem´s Lot, but had no time to watch it...does it still hold up?

Yes it's excellent. I've seen it about 45 times over the years and it never gets old! Make sure you rent it again ASAP!

• Like 1