last movie you watched

sonicjams

Spawn.

Awful. Garbage that'd probably rank in my top 10 of crappy superhero flicks. Don't watch it! Spit in the direction of its writers & director.

As well as everything else I didn't like the way the film looked, it was cheap looking and dark a lot of the time but not for atmosphere, to hide how crap it looked probably.

No way to hide its crappiness. I can imagine Michael Jai White in another superhero role though. Back then he could've passed as Luke Cage. Then again, he WAS in Dark Knight as one of the mob leaders that the Joker knifes in the mouth.

I notice Ant Man is out now, I'll probably watch it but I'm not expecting much.

Hence the title :eyeroll: :P

• Like 1

Spawn.

Awful. Garbage that'd probably rank in my top 10 of crappy superhero flicks. Don't watch it! Spit in the direction of its writers & director.

As well as everything else I didn't like the way the film looked, it was cheap looking and dark a lot of the time but not for atmosphere, to hide how crap it looked probably.

No way to hide its crappiness. I can imagine Michael Jai White in another superhero role though. Back then he could've passed as Luke Cage. Then again, he WAS in Dark Knight as one of the mob leaders that the Joker knifes in the mouth.

Ant-Man probably won't be out here for several months, possibly not even until next spring. Has nothing to do with the translation of films but everything to do with companies like Sony (I heard)....which is why all the Spidey films (owned by Sony) have come out on time OR even slightly earlier. Avengers 2 just came out last weekend. Hate that most films come here late or not at all.

Spawn.

Ant-Man probably won't be out here for several months, possibly not even until next spring. Has nothing to do with the translation of films but everything to do with companies like Sony (I heard)....which is why all the Spidey films (owned by Sony) have come out on time OR even slightly earlier. Avengers 2 just came out last weekend. Hate that most films come here late or not at all.

Yeah that'd be annoying. Mind you these days I only watch films months after they're released mostly but that's my choice.

http://i.imgur.com/5JHAeO4.jpg

Been so long since I've seen Clint in that or in that kind of role. Still good after all these years?

Clint, his performance and his part of the script, his interaction with his superiors, criminals etc it's all brilliant and funny. The other cops are all really good too including John Mitchum, Tyne Daly, Harry Guardino and Bradford Dillman. The weakness of the film is the main plot, the militant group, which is a little lame compared to the plots in Dirty Harry and Magnum Force. I was thinking that this Enforcer bunch was not even as good as the sub-plot bad guy gangs in the previous films, the bank robbers in the first one and the hold-up guys in Magnum Force (Get on your knees n***er!!) Overall though it's still very good because Clint and Harry Callahan are great so yeah it's always worth watching again. And it's way way better than Sudden Impact and The Dead Pool.

I've seen them all multiple times except for Dead Pool which I've never seen. Somehow, of that series, I only remember Dirty Harry and Sudden Impact.

Been so long since I've seen Clint in that or in that kind of role. Still good after all these years?

Clint, his performance and his part of the script, his interaction with his superiors, criminals etc it's all brilliant and funny. The other cops are all really good too including John Mitchum, Tyne Daly, Harry Guardino and Bradford Dillman. The weakness of the film is the main plot, the militant group, which is a little lame compared to the plots in Dirty Harry and Magnum Force. I was thinking that this Enforcer bunch was not even as good as the sub-plot bad guy gangs in the previous films, the bank robbers in the first one and the hold-up guys in Magnum Force (Get on your knees n***er!!) Overall though it's still very good because Clint and Harry Callahan are great so yeah it's always worth watching again. And it's way way better than Sudden Impact and The Dead Pool.

I've seen them all multiple times except for Dead Pool which I've never seen. Somehow, of that series, I only remember Dirty Harry and Sudden Impact.

The Dead Pool for me is too far away from the first film in terms of time, in other words a Dirty Harry film in 1989 just doesn't seem like a Dirty Harry film. It's like some other random 80's Clint cop thriller. The Gauntlet is more like a Dirty Harry film than that one.

You need to watch the first three films again, don't bother with the other two, Sudden Impact is ruined by Sondra Locke and it's got a crappy storyline. The best thing about it is the "go ahead make my day" catchphrase.

The Dead Pool for me is too far away from the first film in terms of time, in other words a Dirty Harry film in 1989 just doesn't seem like a Dirty Harry film. It's like some other random 80's Clint cop thriller. The Gauntlet is more like a Dirty Harry film than that one.

You need to watch the first three films again, don't bother with the other two, Sudden Impact is ruined by Sondra Locke and it's got a crappy storyline. The best thing about it is the "go ahead make my day" catchphrase.

I remember Gauntlet. I liked that too.

It's a cross between a Dirty Harry flick and one of the Every Which Ways, they even have that same clueless biker gang in it.

It's a cross between a Dirty Harry flick and one of the Every Which Ways, they even have that same clueless biker gang in it.

Sondra Locke's character was about to be raped on a train when Clint comes back from being beat up and knocks out the bikers and some biker chick too, right?

Sondra Locke's character was about to be raped on a train when Clint comes back from being beat up and knocks out the bikers and some biker chick too, right?

Yeah that's it, it's a pretty solid film. Another memorable moment was when he's in this house and the place gets shot to pieces over like a 10 minute period.

Alien 3

Meh. I'm a film newb, but after recently watching Alien and Aliens for the first time I'd fallen in love. Went into this one knowing not to have high hopes, but I couldn't help it. Didn't live up as a sequel just as thousands before me have said. Here's to watching Resurrection tomorrow!

I prefer Resurrection. But nothing can top the first two.

Isn't Resurrection the one with Winona Rider?

• Like 1

Saw Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr one).

Downey & Jude Law work well together and they should be in other films together. Downey does his usual 21st century act well (again) and Law is capable but I didn't care at all for the villain....not scary with little to no mystery to him. That's a plot/writing problem not an actor problem. It was basically an action movie with comedy but it should've been a mystery/suspense flick with hints of comedy. It IS Sherlock Holmes after all. Wasn't a terrible film but I'll be skipping part two. Rating: C.

• Like 1

Over the last couple of days:

Enter_the_dragon.jpg Salemslotthemovie.jpg

Dirty_harry.jpgMagnum_Force.jpg

I've got three out of the four of these. Guess which one I haven't got.

You don't have Salem's Lot because you're a scare-dee cat!

Haha..! :P

Admission

I am in love with Tina Fey. And Paul Rudd is my bestie.

Great film. 9/10