last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://new.naturalbd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/my-neighbour-totoro.jpg

I adore this movie. Screaming kids aside, this is truly beautiful and the structure of the "plot" is unique and elevates this movie into the realms of high art.

My dad is 76 and he thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Miyazaki is my favourite film director of all time, and I wouldn't claim to be a big anime fan (I am not).

It is a beautiful film. I love everything about it. The nature spirit storyline, the outgoing personalities of the children and the sense of wonder.

• Like 2

Jurassic World

third overrated garbage sequel film of the year (not that I saw or will mention the other two, but), I'm pissed that these movies exist... Nothing depresses in the way that shitty contrived art does, particularly when people are raving about it :(

Before any of you jump down my throat for saying this, remember that you likely have the same sentiment towards modern pop/dance/club/rap music etc.. ;) (and I do too of course)

I hated Lost World. That one is terrible. Have yet to see 3, though.

http://i.imgur.com/70cD8Fw.jpg

I adore this movie. Screaming kids aside, this is truly beautiful and the structure of the "plot" is unique and elevates this movie into the realms of high art.

My dad is 76 and he thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Miyazaki is my favourite film director of all time, and I wouldn't claim to be a big anime fan (I am not).

It is a beautiful film. I love everything about it. The nature spirit storyline, the outgoing personalities of the children and the sense of wonder.

Its amazing...I still think Pixar have yet to match this (but they came close with Up).

Its amazing...I still think Pixar have yet to match this (but they came close with Up).

I liked Up but I don't think it's quite in the same vein as the Studio Ghibli stuff. I know what you mean, though. I think it's cool that John Lassiter of Pixar is such a big Miyazaki fan.

• Like 1

I liked Up but I don't think it's quite in the same vein as the Studio Ghibli stuff. I know what you mean, though. I think it's cool that John Lassiter of Pixar is such a big Miyazaki fan.

Pixar and Ghibli are only comparable in the sense that they both represent the very best of their respective nations animation.

I admire a lot about both of them, and its a fact that Pixar would be a very different company if it wasn't for the likes of Miyazaki and his movies inspiring them to take artistic risks (even the sequels are high quality!).

• Like 1

Inside_Out_%282015_film%29_poster.jpg

Saw this today in theaters. Really enjoyed more than I expected quite honestly and I had high hopes for this one considering the last three Pixar films post-Toy Story 3 were either so good it passes off as average at best or just plain shit (sorry to be harsh, but that's how I honestly feel). And it's not saying much, but this is Pixar's best film since Toy Story 3. Possibly the most interesting and unique concepts I've seen Pixar pull off as of recent too.

• Like 3

Jurassic World

A monster movie classic. Thy remembered what made the original a classic, and updated it perfectly.

It feels both old fashioned and very modern.

9/10

It saw it yesterday and was blown away! It has it down points, but more than enough to make up for it. In many ways I even enjoyed it more than Jurassic Park, and that's saying a lot.

I'd give 9 out 10 also.

In all honesty, when you go to see a film like Jurassic Park, you don't want complicated plots, advanced characterisation or mind blowing originality.

But you also want more than what the second and third films offered! Jurassic World delivered everything I asked for, gave a little more than even my high expectations anticipated, and had a few minor faults that are inevitable with these monster movies. But thin characters, corny dialogue (which mostly isn't applicable with this for once!), and the fact that once again we have the two children lost in isolation again is not a deal breaker!

But I mean, they could be niggles. But this film delivers everything I enjoy about old school blockbusters and it honestly is a close match for the original (and I might actually prefer it!).

I still think the ultimate Jurassic Park experience is the original novel by Michael Crichton. But the films excel at what they do, and my childhood spent a lot of time devoted to these!

Cool. Im going to see it at IMAX very soon.

I saw it in IMAX two days ago. Good fun!

Jurassic World

third overrated garbage sequel film of the year (not that I saw or will mention the other two, but), I'm pissed that these movies exist... Nothing depresses in the way that shitty contrived art does, particularly when people are raving about it :(

Before any of you jump down my throat for saying this, remember that you likely have the same sentiment towards modern pop/dance/club/rap music etc.. ;) (and I do too of course)

I went in and chose deliberately not to take it seriously, which is something this film doesn't ask us to do.

And I had more fun watching this than I ever did any of the Avengers movies.

I enjoyed it. There were no surprises, but it was well done from a visual standpoint. A good one to see in IMAX format.

Inside_Out_%282015_film%29_poster.jpg

Saw this today in theaters. Really enjoyed more than I expected quite honestly and I had high hopes for this one considering the last three Pixar films post-Toy Story 3 were either so good it passes off as average at best or just plain shit (sorry to be harsh, but that's how I honestly feel). And it's not saying much, but this is Pixar's best film since Toy Story 3. Possibly the most interesting and unique concepts I've seen Pixar pull off as of recent too.

I know. Cars 2 sucked and the first one wasn't all that as well. Mater is the weak link in Pixar. I even got teary eyed at the end of Inside Out.

http://i.imgur.com/yrK7Xth.jpg

I find Kevin Smith to be annoying; borderline insufferable.

But I got to hand it to him with this one, because it actually passes as a movie I enjoyed. It's not great, not extraordinary... It has more than it's fair share of flaws and moments shook my head at... But overall? Really cool.

I laughed! The dark humor worked.

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/tusk-poster-600x886.jpg

Altered States.

No matter how many times I've seen this movie it always lures me in and creeps me out.

• Like 2