last movie you watched

sonicjams

The jungle book 2016. Amazing film, really takes the original to new levels. The torch was certainly passed well with this interpretation,Kipling approves.

Fantastic film.

I give this a 9/10. Third best film of the year for me!

Its a fantastic film, all the right moves with developing on the original.

No doubt my family will watch this again.

Agreed. Although I see this as a standalone movie and not really a remake. They gave it enough of a new vibe to let the original stand tall and this one its near equal. I won't say it's better...I have to live with it first!

Well I see each movie standing up, with its own virtues. No denying they are related, I really enjoyed the new version, it was excellent.

What I am enjoying about Disney revisiting old stories is that they are adding elements that arguably should have been there before. The Jungle Book has the darkness the original should have had (based on the source material) but it's woven into pretty much the same narrative as the animation.

After this I am very excited for next year's Beauty And The Beast.

I don't mind new versions of these stories. I certainly don't mind new versions of Disney versions of these stories, as they as yet have yet to make a straightforward remake.

Certainly agree. Jungle book 2016, was handled really well. Totally engrossed in this film, nice depth and themes. Maybe they are both, a reflection of the time they were produced in. My kids were jumping around, and my partner was totally lost to it, so we all enjoyed the fim :LOL:

maxresdefault.jpg

And...?

I liked it. It wasn't my favorite Star Trek movie, but if you like Star Trek you'll like it. For more, see Star Trek Beyond thread.

TLDR

:LOL:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice....switched it off galf way through....turgid, tedious rubbish

And seriously, Ben "Mr Metrosexual" Affleck playing Batman?

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice....switched it off galf way through....turgid, tedious rubbish

And seriously, Ben "Mr Metrosexual" Affleck playing Batman?

Yeah it was rubbish but I had a far worse time accepting that Lex Luthor rendition. Could only think "wuss" when watching what's his name do that character

The French Connection. :haz:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J1iOaxMZYyw/To5bioekonI/AAAAAAAATkw/ImXAduFQ29I/s1600/popeyewave.jpg

Gene Hackman as Jimmy "Popeye" Doyle is just stellar.

• Like 3

Alien

Now watching Aliens

Two of the best sci-fi movies out there.

My two favourites. Followed by Blade Runner and the first two Terminators. 6th place is I, Robot.

• Like 3

Balto.

I hadn't seen the movie in years prior to watching it today. I personally found the movie very amazing. I'd always loved it growing up, but it just really hit me now how awesome it is. I also didn't know it was based on a true story.

Balto.

I hadn't seen the movie in years prior to watching it today. I personally found the movie very amazing. I'd always loved it growing up, but it just really hit me now how awesome it is. I also didn't know it was based on a true story.

Beautiful animation!

Same director though who did that awful Time Machine remake...

Balto.

Beautiful animation!

Think I fell asleep watching Time Machine. Can't remember exactly but I remember starting it. I guess that means I either fell asleep or walked out. It's too bad because I like Guy Pearce.

And it just reoccurred to me that that director, Simon Wells, is H.G. Wells' great grandson.

Blues Brothers

Now - Blue Brothers 2000 (the last movie I saw at the cinema)

Also today we have watched:

The Nice Guys

Deadpool

The Finest Hours

Edited by metallithrax

Balto.

Beautiful animation!

Think I fell asleep watching Time Machine. Can't remember exactly but I remember starting it. I guess that means I either fell asleep or walked out. It's too bad because I like Guy Pearce.

And it just reoccurred to me that that director, Simon Wells, is H.G. Wells' great grandson.

Simon Wells has the odd very good animated movie under his belt. The Time Machine was a total misfire with a few beautifully done elements, notably some of the visuals.

I bought it for £0.10. For that amount of money, I can say I didn't mind it.

But being a massive H.G. Wells fan, the film is a massive letdown.