last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://i.imgur.com/hLsaNql.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Tdn2ZF7.jpg

I just watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly last night. If it weren't for Tuco, I'd probably like For a Few Dollars More the best.

I think actually For a Few Dollars More is the weakest of the three. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great western but the first one just works better for me. TGTBATU is the best of the three, it's a true epic western and the music is even better than the first two.

TGTBATU was better simply for the 3 way dynamic... Tuco was great as the dirty scoundrel that wasn't truly evil like Lee.

I like "For a Few..." because of the final duel and Clint's involvement (or lack thereof) in it. Plus, I just thought it was cool how Lee rode off into the sunset with no dollars whatsoever.

***Of all the Clint westerns though, Outlaw Josey Wales will always be #1. I'd probably break his westerns down like this:

(1) Outlaw Josey Wales

(2) The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

(3) Unforgiven

I'm not much of a westerns fan actually but Clint's got some good ones.

I like High Plains Drifter best.

Yeah, that's a good one too that I forgot about. Dig the supernatural vibe!

Hang 'em High is a solid Clint western as well. Also Joe Kidd and Two Mules For Sister Sara are good too.

Don't think I've seen Joe Kidd. And Two Mules I saw so long ago that I don't remember the story. Hang 'Em High was ok but I prefer the Leone films, High Plains Drifter, Pale Rider, Josey Wales, and Unforgiven much more

Joe Kidd is worth you seeing. it also stars John Saxon, Robert Duvall and Don Stroud. The music is great too from Lalo Schifrin.

Here's a quick clip:

And some music

I've seen this like 15 times but I end up watching it whenever I see part of it on TV. A lot of it is because of the music- early 70's top 40 music- Hollies, Cat Stevens, etc. I just enjoy it every time I see it. My family runs to the other TV by now.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/51XXB53YV8L.jpg

I've seen this like 15 times but I end up watching it whenever I see part of it on TV. A lot of it is because of the music- early 70's top 40 music- Hollies, Cat Stevens, etc. I just enjoy it every time I see it. My family runs to the other TV by now.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/51XXB53YV8L.jpg

What a coincidence! I rented this just two days ago but haven't watched it yet.

• Like 1

I think you will really enjoy it; it has a very uplifting message and is based on a real life story. My daughter lives near the actual high school now, outside Washington, DC.

• Like 1

I think you will really enjoy it; it has a very uplifting message and is based on a real life story. My daughter lives near the actual high school now, outside Washington, DC.

Cool.

Hard to go wrong with Denzel. Even when one of his flicks is subpar, he never is.

• Like 1

Cool.

Hard to go wrong with Denzel. Even when one of his flicks is subpar, he never is.

I recently saw Hurricane on Showtime. He should have had that Oscar instead of Spacey and this is someone who LOVES American Beauty.

• Like 2

Cool.

I recently saw Hurricane on Showtime. He should have had that Oscar instead of Spacey and this is someone who LOVES American Beauty.

They're both great movies that I love and yeah I'd agree that Denzel had the better performance. Ah well, it's all opinion anyway.

• Like 2

Cool.

They're both great movies that I love and yeah I'd agree that Denzel had the better performance. Ah well, it's all opinion anyway.

I saw Malcolm X not long ago and he was excellent in that as well. Movie itself was a bit choppy; I think it helped that I had to read the book, "Autobiography of Malcolm X" for a class years ago. It helped me follow what happened in the end when he turned against the Nation of Islam and the retribution; movie covered that kind of quickly and maybe was a bit confusing.

http://i.imgur.com/OqGSMF8.jpg

Excellent movie but the theme song stays in your head for days!! :D

Yeah this is my fave war film I think. And Elmer Bernstein was a genius, that score is great all the way through, lots of fantastic motifs and themes for different parts of the story.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Cool.

I saw Malcolm X not long ago and he was excellent in that as well. Movie itself was a bit choppy; I think it helped that I had to read the book, "Autobiography of Malcolm X" for a class years ago. It helped me follow what happened in the end when he turned against the Nation of Islam and the retribution; movie covered that kind of quickly and maybe was a bit confusing.

Totally agree about the Malcolm X film being choppy. I too read the book (before and after watching the film) and thought it was highly interesting. Denzel did a stellar depiction of Malcolm X through all those years.

• Like 1

Yeah this is my fave war film I think. And Elmer Bernstein was a genius, that score is great all the way through, lots of fantastic motifs and themes for different parts of the story.

A long-time favorite. What a cast!
  • Like 3

Yeah and unlike most 3 hour films it doesn't seem like 3 hours when you watch it, it's entertaining and absorbing from the first scene to the last.

• Like 3

Yeah and unlike most 3 hour films it doesn't seem like 3 hours when you watch it, it's entertaining and absorbing from the first scene to the last.

is it REALLY? yep, it totally flies by. Didn't realize it was so long.

WOW

• Like 2

Just finished it. And yup, I did enjoy it. If I had any complaint it'd be that the tense relations seemed to calm relatively quickly. Still, it's a feel good film without being too sappy or cheesy.

Grade: A-

***Took me about half the movie of me racking my brain to figure out that Will Patton's character's cute, little football-loving daughter was the cheerleader from Heroes.

• Like 1

220px-Gladiator_ver1.jpg

Not Ridley's best (that goes to either Kingdom Of Heaven: Director's Cut or Alien), but this is still one of my favourite movies ever!

It's hard to believe, but I'd never watched Gladiator until today. Needless to say, I'm quite impressed!

Its amazing! I have the extended cut. Superior? In my opinion, the more the merrier!

What platform did you watch it on? DVD, DVR, on demand?

What platform did you watch it on? DVD, DVR, on demand?

DVD, the exact timing is 2 hours 45 minutes, but it's almost 3 hours.