last movie you watched

sonicjams

I'm looking forward to Captain America Civil War too now, it's gonna be much more than Cap 3 it's really Avengers 3. The only ones missing I think will be Thor, Hulk and I think Quicksilver is dead isn't he?

There's talk that Ruffalo was seen on the set so the Hulk may be in there after all. Thor's in Asgard for Thor 3 so he won't be back until Avengers: Infinity War.

Yeah, Cap 3 is looking like Avengers part 2.5 and so be it! Cap 2 was great, Cap 1 was ok, Avengers 2 was entertaining despite it's flaws, and Avengers 1 was great so I'm confident Cap 3 will at least be good.

Yeah the Cap films are getting better and are like Avengers films. So there's no Thor but maybe Hulk. And the Vision, The Scarlet Witch and Ant Man are in there, as well as the rest of the Avengers with War Machine and Bucky returning, plus they're introducing the Black Panther, Thunderbolt Ross, Spider-man and Crossbones.

http://i.imgur.com/AQp92qJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zfYmAR9.jpg

So come on duck, what'd you think?

I liked the Avengers. I think the Vision was done very well, the twins were pretty good too. Ultron was maybe a bit too frivolous but that's the tone they want, it's the same with Stark and he was Stark's baby in this not Hank Pym's. The Hulk and the Black Widow romance is very weird, I mean really weird. Hawkeye's farm is a bit daft. I still don't like the way they've done Thanos but he may grow on me yet. Overall it was pretty cool. The Hulk vs Iron man fight was a highlight and the best line of the film came from Ultron: "when the dust settles the only thing living will be METAL!" :haz: :smoke:

Agree with most of that. Spader was great as Ultron. Stark replacing Pym was passable though I still have issues with it. The Bruce/Natasha romance seemed unnecessary and family guy Hawkeye looked more like they didn't know how to write Clint. Vision had some great scenes but I would've liked the whole hollow, scary voice that he's supposed to have instead of the more gentle computer voice that it seemed to be. Still entertaining overall though.

My only thing is if the Vision is powered by the infinity gem what happens when it's gone? Does he die? Does he fade away? Does he become an ordinary robot?

And yeah Hawkeye is not a family man, that's bullshit. It should be him that's having the affair with Natasha and Bruce who has the secret family, that makes more sense. Or if not and they insist on a secret family then it should be that woman the Shield agent who can never remember the name of, or even Fury. I don't like the secret family thing, it seems like a set-up to make Hawkeye go rogue when someone kills them all in a later film, that's my prediction.

Yup, should've been Widow/Hawkeye IF at all. Hawkeye bangs people. Tons of people. He's immature. He's no family man. But I guess they're totally changing him.

Shield agent? Agent Hill, the hot slender brunette, you mean?

Vision and his Infinity Gem...well, since this is now Marvel Cinematic Uni and not Marvel Comics it's uncharted waters. But it'd follow that if the gem is gone then he wouldn't even be an ordinary robot. He would just completely cease to exist.

It may not be the mind gem it might be the soul gem. The Vision had his own gem in the comics so maybe it'll be replaced once the infinity gem is removed. Seems like it's inevitable that Thanos will remove it. I think he'll survive though because Ultron would have known this could happen and wouldn't have tried to put himself in that body if he would just die with the removal of the gem.

Yeah the brunette, though thinking about it I don't see her having some dude stashed away on a farm either.

I liked the Avengers. I think the Vision was done very well, the twins were pretty good too. Ultron was maybe a bit too frivolous but that's the tone they want, it's the same with Stark and he was Stark's baby in this not Hank Pym's. The Hulk and the Black Widow romance is very weird, I mean really weird. Hawkeye's farm is a bit daft. I still don't like the way they've done Thanos but he may grow on me yet. Overall it was pretty cool. The Hulk vs Iron man fight was a highlight and the best line of the film came from Ultron: "when the dust settles the only thing living will be METAL!" :haz: :smoke:

Agree with most of that. Spader was great as Ultron. Stark replacing Pym was passable though I still have issues with it. The Bruce/Natasha romance seemed unnecessary and family guy Hawkeye looked more like they didn't know how to write Clint. Vision had some great scenes but I would've liked the whole hollow, scary voice that he's supposed to have instead of the more gentle computer voice that it seemed to be. Still entertaining overall though.

My only thing is if the Vision is powered by the infinity gem what happens when it's gone? Does he die? Does he fade away? Does he become an ordinary robot?

And yeah Hawkeye is not a family man, that's bullshit. It should be him that's having the affair with Natasha and Bruce who has the secret family, that makes more sense. Or if not and they insist on a secret family then it should be that woman the Shield agent who can never remember the name of, or even Fury. I don't like the secret family thing, it seems like a set-up to make Hawkeye go rogue when someone kills them all in a later film, that's my prediction.

Yup, should've been Widow/Hawkeye IF at all. Hawkeye bangs people. Tons of people. He's immature. He's no family man. But I guess they're totally changing him.

Vision and his Infinity Gem...well, since this is now Marvel Cinematic Uni and not Marvel Comics it's uncharted waters. But it'd follow that if the gem is gone then he wouldn't even be an ordinary robot. He would just completely cease to exist.

It may not be the mind gem it might be the soul gem. The Vision had his own gem in the comics so maybe it'll be replaced once the infinity gem is removed. Seems like it's inevitable that Thanos will remove it. I think he'll survive though because Ultron would have known this could happen and wouldn't have tried to put himself in that body if he would just die with the removal of the gem.

Yeah the brunette, though thinking about it I don't see her having some dude stashed away on a farm either.

Well, it IS the mind gem that Vision has. And yeah, surely Thanos will remove it. As you predict, it'll likely be replaced with something else (something produced by Stark or even Pym).

Yeah, Hill wouldn't have a family stashed in her back pocket.

Well, it IS the mind gem that Vision has. And yeah, surely Thanos will remove it. As you predict, it'll likely be replaced with something else (something produced by Stark or even Pym).

Yeah, Hill wouldn't have a family stashed in her back pocket.

So I wonder where the other two stones are, time and soul? I think they're green and orange.

Duck, that quote is getting too long.

Apparently, the green and orange stones were shown in GotG. I don't seem to remember them though. I should watch it again. They've got 5 more Marvel flicks to put stories behind them BEFORE Infinity War part 1.

Yeah they were on for a flash I think when someone was explaining about them, maybe it was Ronan or the Nova gang I'm not sure actually. Seems like Dr Strange may well have something to do with one of them. Then the other could turn up in GOTG2 or Thor 3, or even Cap 3.

Apparently, the green and orange stones were shown in GotG. I don't seem to remember them though. I should watch it again. They've got 5 more Marvel flicks to put stories behind them BEFORE Infinity War part 1.

Yeah they were on for a flash I think when someone was explaining about them, maybe it was Ronan or the Nova gang I'm not sure actually. Seems like Dr Strange may well have something to do with one of them. Then the other could turn up in GOTG2 or Thor 3, or even Cap 3.

Don't think it'll happen in Cap 3 since that's more grounded in government alignment/controls. Thor: Ragnarok is likely to have one...and with a title like that then I'd guess the soul gem. I imagine Guardians 2 or Doc Strange would likely have the other gem, Time. I'd bet Guardians.

Don't think it'll happen in Cap 3 since that's more grounded in government alignment/controls. Thor: Ragnarok is likely to have one...and with a title like that then I'd guess the soul gem. I imagine Guardians 2 or Doc Strange would likely have the other gem, Time. I'd bet Guardians.

It has to be Dr Strange for one of them. Guardians makes sense for the other.

San Andreas

I watch these films just for the spectacle. For that alone, this gets an eight.

Everything else, scores a two. Which I forgive it for.

Here's a good article JB on Dr Strange and the infinity gem possibilities for the Marvel cinematic universe:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/06/22/did-kevin-feige-just-link-doctor-strange-to-an-infinity-gem-1544207

That IS a good article. Thinking about that, there's also a good chance that one of the gems would be in two flicks + one of the gems being in a post credits scene THEN used in yet another flick. In that way the two untouched upon gems would actually be used in 4 upcoming films.

Here's a good article JB on Dr Strange and the infinity gem possibilities for the Marvel cinematic universe:

http://moviepilot.co...ity-gem-1544207

That IS a good article. Thinking about that, there's also a good chance that one of the gems would be in two flicks + one of the gems being in a post credits scene THEN used in yet another flick. In that way the two untouched upon gems would actually be used in 4 upcoming films.

Yeah the gems will most likely feature more and more as we get closer to Avengers 3.

Oh yeah JB how do you feel about Dr Strange possibly being the most important upcoming Marvel movie?

I believe it's Kevin Feige trying to promote Doc Strange because he's a new character presenting an entirely different angle that Marvel hasn't tackled: sorcery/demonology. I guess Thor's flicks have done a bit of that but he's still in the superhero biz and a part of The Avengers. Doc Strange is ALL about magic and horror.

However, it could be meant as: It's the most important upcoming Marvel flick because it's the one immediately preceding the Infinity War flicks AND it finally completely explains the gems to non-comic fan audiences.

Oh yeah JB how do you feel about Dr Strange possibly being the most important upcoming Marvel movie?

I believe it's Kevin Feige trying to promote Doc Strange because he's a new character presenting an entirely different angle that Marvel hasn't tackled: sorcery/demonology. I guess Thor's flicks have done a bit of that but he's still in the superhero biz and a part of The Avengers. Doc Strange is ALL about magic and horror.

However, it could be meant as: It's the most important upcoming Marvel flick because it's the one immediately preceding the Infinity War flicks AND it finally completely explains the gems to non-comic fan audiences.

Are you looking forward to it though? Or is Cumberbatch a problem?

I'm not that excited because Doc Strange was always better as the smart guy in the Defenders...something he won't be in the Marvel films. I AM excited that Marvel will be trying their hand at horror though...or rather, it SHOULD be a horror/fantasy film.

As far as The Defenders go, the Netflix Daredevil show is awesome and I trust that Cage, the other individual shows and the eventual Defenders show will be good too. BUT deep down, MY Defenders team is Doc Strange, Hulk, Nighthawk, Valkyrie, and Hellcat. And that will never happen.

Cumberbatch as Doc Strange isn't a problem. It just isn't a guaranteed winner...whereas I think RDJ as Stark was guaranteed. Cumberbatch could go either way. But personally, I probably would've gone with Joaquin Phoenix. Doc Strange isn't supposed to be likable, especially at the start of the story. Doc Strange is an arrogant dick but not in the charming Stark mold. Joaquin would've been perfect.

I'm not that excited because Doc Strange was always better as the smart guy in the Defenders...something he won't be in the Marvel films. I AM excited that Marvel will be trying their hand at horror though...or rather, it SHOULD be a horror/fantasy film.

As far as The Defenders go, the Netflix Daredevil show is awesome and I trust that Cage, the other individual shows and the eventual Defenders show will be good too. BUT deep down, MY Defenders team is Doc Strange, Hulk, Nighthawk, Valkyrie, and Hellcat. And that will never happen.

Cumberbatch as Doc Strange isn't a problem. It just isn't a guaranteed winner...whereas I think RDJ as Stark was guaranteed. Cumberbatch could go either way. But personally, I probably would've gone with Joaquin Phoenix. Doc Strange isn't supposed to be likable, especially at the start of the story. Doc Strange is an arrogant dick but not in the charming Stark mold. Joaquin would've been perfect.

Well I've not seen it yet but they managed to make Ant Man a winner and you remember how we were shitting all over that film before it came out. So based on that I'm pretty hopeful.

Well I've not seen it yet but they managed to make Ant Man a winner and you remember how we were shitting all over that film before it came out. So based on that I'm pretty hopeful.

That's true too. Another thang, IMHO the last below average Marvel flick hasn't been since Iron Man 2. And that was 5 years and 10 films ago.

*** I'm only counting the Marvel Cinematic Universe flicks and NOT Fantastic Four and whatever others I'm forgetting.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

That's true too. Another thang, IMHO the last below average Marvel flick hasn't been since Iron Man 2. And that was 5 years and 10 films ago.

*** I'm only counting the Marvel Cinematic Universe flicks and NOT Fantastic Four and whatever others I'm forgetting.

And stuff like the new Deadpool flick which looks like it might be crap.

And stuff like the new Deadpool flick which looks like it might be crap.

Agreed. Deadpool, Gambit, Bishop, and Cable are all part of the same era of X-Men related characters that I never cared about (or thought were boring).