last movie you watched

sonicjams

I'm trying to plow my way through the remake of Total Recall. It's a chore, so far.

I got bored about half an hour in and had to turn it off.

I made it through yesterday night, but wasn't entertained or impressed at all. Very forgettable.

I'm trying to plow my way through the remake of Total Recall. It's a chore, so far.

I made it through yesterday night, but wasn't entertained or impressed at all. Very forgettable.

I try to give a movie at least half an hour, unless it totally sucks from the get go. If it's still bad at the half hour mark, I move on to something else.

• Like 1

Treat yourself with the original instead. A classic :yes:

Yes. Much better. That remake was a dog.
  • Like 1

I try to give a movie at least half an hour, unless it totally sucks from the get go. If it's still bad at the half hour mark, I move on to something else.

I think I made it through 40 minutes...only because I was posting here.
  • Like 1

http://i.imgur.com/2GgrEwv.png

Loved it. Paul Thomas Anderson is my favorite director right now.

Never heard of it. Should check that director out.

But I'm torn by the cast.

Like: Phoenix, Brolin, Del Toro

Dislike: Wilson, Short

Don't bother it's crap! I tried really hard to watch it but I could only stand an hour of it and I should have switched it off after 15 minutes.

http://i.imgur.com/I1tfJeT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IKp1yQL.jpg

What do you think is the best vampire movie of all time?

Hmmm possibly the 1958 Hammer Dracula, the first one before all the sequels, like the two i watched last night. Also Salem's Lot which is totally cool.

Don't bother it's crap! I tried really hard to watch it but I could only stand an hour of it and I should have switched it off after 15 minutes.

Well, I looked up the director and found he did two movies I really liked: Magnolia (Cruise's best IMHO) & There Will Be Blood (DDL being awesome again). AND he did Boogie Nights which turned out better than I thought it'd be.

With the cast of this movie here, I strongly dislike Owen Wilson and can't find the positives that many others see in him. Martin Short I just always found annoying and unfunny.

Aw man, I really dug it. LOVE YOU ANYWAY, DUCKY. :coy:

Aw man, I really dug it. LOVE YOU ANYWAY, DUCKY. :coy:

I just found it boring, I tried to like it but what can you do?

Well, I looked up the director and found he did two movies I really liked: Magnolia (Cruise's best IMHO) & There Will Be Blood (DDL being awesome again). AND he did Boogie Nights which turned out better than I thought it'd be.

With the cast of this movie here, I strongly dislike Owen Wilson and can't find the positives that many others see in him. Martin Short I just always found annoying and unfunny.

I forgot that Wilson was in it. I forget most of his roles.

Starsky & Hutch and Zoolander: Two movies that many people love but I can't stand. Couldn't get a single laugh out of either. I don't know. Just that brand of humor does nothing for me. Will Ferrell would be the pinnacle of that genre of comedy that I despise. The only way I see anything with that group of guys anymore is if I didn't know they're in it. Ben Stiller I kind of let slide because I DID like Reality Bites and There's Something About Mary was passable...but I still tread cautiously.

Starsky & Hutch and Zoolander: Two movies that many people love but I can't stand. Couldn't get a single laugh out of either. I don't know. Just that brand of humor does nothing for me. Will Ferrell would be the pinnacle of that genre of comedy that I despise. The only way I see anything with that group of guys anymore is if I didn't know they're in it. Ben Stiller I kind of let slide because I DID like Reality Bites and There's Something About Mary was passable...but I still tread cautiously.

I've not seen either film. I knew Starsky and Hutch would be crap, I'll stick with the original TV series, and well I just didn't see anything interesting about Zoolander. And Ben Stiller is another of those redundant unfunny comedy guys so no incentive to watch with him being in both of those.

• Like 1

I've not seen either film. I knew Starsky and Hutch would be crap, I'll stick with the original TV series, and well I just didn't see anything interesting about Zoolander. And Ben Stiller is another of those redundant unfunny comedy guys so no incentive to watch with him being in both of those.

Both times I was beering when suddenly one of the dudes in the group I was with suggested one of those movies. I could've left both times but then the free beering would've stopped. I chose gluttony and non-laughter instead of wisely leaving to go home early.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Both times I was beering when suddenly one of the dudes in the group I was with suggested one of those movies. I could've left both times but then the free beering would've stopped. I chose gluttony and non-laughter instead of wisely leaving to go home early.

Yeah sometimes you see films in situations like that. The beer can help make them seem better! :hail:

I'm a PTA fan but that was his first movie that left me disappointed.

Saw a few on Rifftrax lately.

The Magic Sword - From MST3K regular, Bert I. Gordon.

Roller Gator - This film is so unprofessional and awful it makes Birdemic look like Godfather. Joe Estevez lends "star quality" to this.

Viva Knievel! - And I thought Xanadu was the most embarrassing mark on Gene Kelly's resume.

Yeah sometimes you see films in situations like that. The beer can help make them seem better! :hail:

It didn't!!!! And I even had a little extra smokity smoke help for Starsky & Hutch and that didn't help either!

Frosting and sprinkles can't help shit taste like cake.