last movie you watched

sonicjams

As for what Marvel is doing with their world, I think it's great - even though I'm not a comic book guy per-se.

BUT: Just wait until Disney starts doing that stuff with the Star Wars properties. Fasten your seatbelts guys. I'm totally geeking out myself.

They're already ramping up... Tying the Clone Wars into the Rebels cartoons - which I'm sure will tie into Rogue One. And so on, and so on.... :)

Not sure if I'd like Star Trek Wars. Half the time those guys don't get their own set of characters right. With Marvel it's different I think since they originally were Marvel heroes then split by film studios.

To be fair: For Canon Star Wars, I haven't seen a major continuity error. That's one thing that Lucas got right, even with the prequels. I expect the same from Kennedy and her team... time will tell.

Sure the books crossed each other , but that's the past now. No longer cannon.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still see any film that's Star Trek or Star Wars or an amalgation...then afterwards, there'll be a 50% chance of me bitching about what I saw. ;)

Now an amalgamation of Trek and Star Wars would be something. I'd be looking forward to the Federation and Klingons getting their collective asses kicked by The Empire.

I love Trek and all that. But, I know how to pick the winning side. ;)

Imagine the typical Star Trek red shirt landing party vs the standard Stormtrooper squad. Nobody would land a single shot yet all would somehow die.

• Like 2

As for what Marvel is doing with their world, I think it's great - even though I'm not a comic book guy per-se.

BUT: Just wait until Disney starts doing that stuff with the Star Wars properties. Fasten your seatbelts guys. I'm totally geeking out myself.

They're already ramping up... Tying the Clone Wars into the Rebels cartoons - which I'm sure will tie into Rogue One. And so on, and so on.... :)

Not sure if I'd like Star Trek Wars. Half the time those guys don't get their own set of characters right. With Marvel it's different I think since they originally were Marvel heroes then split by film studios.

To be fair: For Canon Star Wars, I haven't seen a major continuity error. That's one thing that Lucas got right, even with the prequels. I expect the same from Kennedy and her team... time will tell.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still see any film that's Star Trek or Star Wars or an amalgation...then afterwards, there'll be a 50% chance of me bitching about what I saw. ;)

Now an amalgamation of Trek and Star Wars would be something. I'd be looking forward to the Federation and Klingons getting their collective asses kicked by The Empire.

Imagine the typical Star Trek red shirt landing party vs the standard Stormtrooper squad. Nobody would land a single shot yet all would somehow die.

But yet, land battles wouldn't decide. Star Destroyers, Death Stars, and World Devastators versus the Federation would be like the modern US Navy fighting against a WW2 era opponent .

• Like 1

But yet, land battles wouldn't decide. Star Destroyers, Death Stars, and World Devastators versus the Federation would be like the modern US Navy fighting against a WW2 era opponent .

But couldn't Starfleet just lock their teleporter onto the Emperor (or whatever villainous Sith is in charge) and beam him into the heart of a sun? Oh yeah, the teleporter would somehow be broken...but Scotty would be able to fix it after 3 hours. During that time Kirk would bang Leia and whatever female wookies crossed his path.

• Like 3

Shields.

The Empire doesn't have transporters, so my way of defeating them would be to beam nukes or photon torpedos onto their ships.

But they have those pesky advanced shields, and reinforced, dense hulls.

Sorry if I'm being a geek here....

Shields.

The Empire doesn't have transporters, so my way of defeating them would be to beam nukes or photon torpedos onto their ships.

But they have those pesky advanced shields, and reinforced, dense hulls.

Sorry if I'm being a geek here....

Couldn't The Empire just "force" their way out of an exploding nuke/photon torpedo that was beamed onto their ship? George might've added that stupid mitachlorine crap angle in the prequels but it's still magic in my mind. "Magic" is like the bullshit cop out that little kids say when they're playing games against other little kids..."No, you didn't get me because I used magic! My magic created a force shield and beats anything you have. Na na..."

;)

http://i.imgur.com/hLsaNql.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Tdn2ZF7.jpg

I just watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly last night. If it weren't for Tuco, I'd probably like For a Few Dollars More the best.

I think actually For a Few Dollars More is the weakest of the three. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great western but the first one just works better for me. TGTBATU is the best of the three, it's a true epic western and the music is even better than the first two.

I just watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly last night. If it weren't for Tuco, I'd probably like For a Few Dollars More the best.

I think actually For a Few Dollars More is the weakest of the three. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great western but the first one just works better for me. TGTBATU is the best of the three, it's a true epic western and the music is even better than the first two.

TGTBATU was better simply for the 3 way dynamic... Tuco was great as the dirty scoundrel that wasn't truly evil like Lee.

I like "For a Few..." because of the final duel and Clint's involvement (or lack thereof) in it. Plus, I just thought it was cool how Lee rode off into the sunset with no dollars whatsoever.

***Of all the Clint westerns though, Outlaw Josey Wales will always be #1. I'd probably break his westerns down like this:

(1) Outlaw Josey Wales

(2) The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

(3) Unforgiven

I'm not much of a westerns fan actually but Clint's got some good ones.

• Like 1

The Wolf of Wall Street.

Not sure what that was. Other than it starring Leo and being based on a true story, I didn't know anything about it before I saw it. Certainly did expect that much dark, raw comedy. Felt it was similar to Goodfellas without me being too concerned about any of the characters. Leo was a bit over the top at times but otherwise did ok. Jonah Hill as the slimeball drug addict banging his own cousin was a good treat. Had some flaws but I can't say I wasn't entertained.

Grade: B-

TGTBATU was better simply for the 3 way dynamic... Tuco was great as the dirty scoundrel that wasn't truly evil like Lee.

I like "For a Few..." because of the final duel and Clint's involvement (or lack thereof) in it. Plus, I just thought it was cool how Lee rode off into the sunset with no dollars whatsoever.

***Of all the Clint westerns though, Outlaw Josey Wales will always be #1. I'd probably break his westerns down like this:

(1) Outlaw Josey Wales

(3) Unforgiven

I started watching Duck You Sucker AKA A Fistful of Dynamite i had to quit after half an hour though. The oddball lead characters in this are terrible and Rod Steiger's Mexican accent sounds like Tony Montana on acid with exaggerated farcical facial expressions too. James Coburn's Irish accent is laughably abysmal as well. The film itself meanwhile is boring with a mind-numbingly tedious plot and the awful music by Ennio Morricone really rankles, it's all over the place, easily his worst score and definitely the worst of the Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns.

(1) Outlaw Josey Wales

(3) Unforgiven

I like High Plains Drifter best.

(1) Outlaw Josey Wales

(3) Unforgiven

Yeah, that's a good one too that I forgot about. Dig the supernatural vibe!

(1) Outlaw Josey Wales

(3) Unforgiven

Hang 'em High is a solid Clint western as well. Also Joe Kidd and Two Mules For Sister Sara are good too.

(1) Outlaw Josey Wales

(3) Unforgiven

Hang 'em High is a solid Clint western as well. Also Joe Kidd and Two Mules For Sister Sara are good too.

Don't think I've seen Joe Kidd. And Two Mules I saw so long ago that I don't remember the story. Hang 'Em High was ok but I prefer the Leone films, High Plains Drifter, Pale Rider, Josey Wales, and Unforgiven much more