last movie you watched

sonicjams

The_Hobbit_-_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies.jpg

After watching this 3rd installment I'm not too sure what this Hobbit series adds up to. One thing I can say though the Orcs must be the sorriest, easiest to beat, most incompetent army of warriors in the history of cinema.

Didn't think you'd be in to magic, fantasy, and the sort. It's not the popular answer but I tried to watch the first Lord of the Rings twice but fell asleep both times. I only saw one battle scene in the second which seemed good. Then I saw some of the third one but the end just dragged and dragged. Never saw any of The Hobbit trilogy because I had a negative impression of what I saw of part 3. Thinking I may give all six another chance though.

The characters annoy me, especially Orlando Bloom the elf, and the other elves and the dwarfs. They take on all these supposed badasses, a dragon, zillions of orcs, monsters etc and they beat them every time and way too easily. They sacrifice a couple of fools but 99% of these fools walk away like nothing happened

Yeah, I hate Orlando Bloom. He starred in the ONLY Cameron Crowe movie that I've seen that was bad. Forgot the name of that piece of piss. He's like one of stupid characters/actors from Friends.

If Orlando Bloom is in it I don't watch it, unless everything and everyone is great in the film or something.

Interstellar_film_poster.jpg

The music in this film is fuckking annoying. Soundtrack music is supposed to help tell the story, create mood and atmosphere. The music in this film just hangs there, rattling along like it's accompanying a series of random images at the end of a documentary with no other audio. And it's loud it drowns out the dialogue at certain critical points. It's a pretty fuckking weak film too considering all the hype and way too long.

Edited by treeduck

After watching this 3rd installment I'm not too sure what this Hobbit series adds up to. One thing I can say though the Orcs must be the sorriest, easiest to beat, most incompetent army of warriors in the history of cinema.

Didn't think you'd be in to magic, fantasy, and the sort. It's not the popular answer but I tried to watch the first Lord of the Rings twice but fell asleep both times. I only saw one battle scene in the second which seemed good. Then I saw some of the third one but the end just dragged and dragged. Never saw any of The Hobbit trilogy because I had a negative impression of what I saw of part 3. Thinking I may give all six another chance though.

The characters annoy me, especially Orlando Bloom the elf, and the other elves and the dwarfs. They take on all these supposed badasses, a dragon, zillions of orcs, monsters etc and they beat them every time and way too easily. They sacrifice a couple of fools but 99% of these fools walk away like nothing happened

Yeah, I hate Orlando Bloom. He starred in the ONLY Cameron Crowe movie that I've seen that was bad. Forgot the name of that piece of piss. He's like one of stupid characters/actors from Friends.

If Orlando Bloom is in it I don't watch it, unless everything and everyone is great in the film or something.

Well considering his character was never even IN the book, nor was the woman-elf whatever her name was, they took quite a bit of artistic license. Pretty pitiful for a series of movies but also understandable since they tried to drag it out so far when the book really isn't that long.

The music in this film is fuckking annoying. Soundtrack music is supposed to help tell the story, create mood and atmosphere. The music in this film just hangs there, rattling along like it's accompanying a series of random images at the end of a documentary with no other audio. And it's loud it drowns out the dialogue at certain critical points. It's a pretty fuckking weak film too considering all the hype and way too long.

I disliked the ending. And the characters floating in the air with legs dangling shit (like in Inception) is tiresome. It had some good parts but overall I was disappointed. And honestly, my geographic location sheltered me from any hype so I can't even blame it on that

I disliked the ending. And the characters floating in the air with legs dangling shit (like in Inception) is tiresome. It had some good parts but overall I was disappointed. And honestly, my geographic location sheltered me from any hype so I can't even blame it on that

The plot didn't makes sense and neither did the ending. So he goes into a black hole without being burned to a crisp and finds his kid's bedroom represented at every point in time. So he sends a message to save himself and when it finally works, it didn't seem very clear how btw, he ends up in hospital 100 years later not on Earth but on some space station near Saturn? WTF? And what happened to the 3rd planet? Did they not even try for it in the 100 years while they waiting for Matt to wake up? And the Earth is finished? And as well as all that it was boring!

McConaughey is ok as an actor but I find him hard to understand with his accent at times, which he seems to exaggerate on purpose. What gives? Seems like Jeff Bridges is another one doing this. Is this the new trend in acting now, mumbling so you sound as indistinct as possible and that makes you more convincing or cool? And as for Anne Hathaway, could she be more annoying? I was surprised Matt didn't punch her before the end!

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/2015-08-11-21-30-37--160776790.jpeghttp://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/2015-08-11-21-31-36--202413891.jpeg

Insidious was the scariest movie I have ever watched. Most get silly or boring but this one completely creeped me out through the whole film.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/2015-08-11-21-30-37--160776790.jpeghttp://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/2015-08-11-21-31-36--202413891.jpeg

Insidious was the scariest movie I have ever watched. Most get silly or boring but this one completely creeped me out through the whole film.

It's not scary! :LOL:

• Like 1

New World Man is not MEH-TUL! :D-13:

It is.

• Like 1

It is.

It isn't.

Joking aside (not that I was hahahahaha), your Charlton Heston marathon fascinated me. Gonna look more into the dude, I love Ben Hur.

It is.

It isn't.

Joking aside (not that I was hahahahaha), your Charlton Heston marathon fascinated me. Gonna look more into the dude, I love Ben Hur.

Heston always delivered a Hestonesque performance right from his first (proper) film Dark City in 1950.

• Like 1

It is.

It isn't.

Heston always delivered a Hestonesque performance right from his first (proper) film Dark City in 1950.

Dark City? What is that about? The title sounds edgy!

It is.

It isn't.

Dark City? What is that about? The title sounds edgy!

It sometimes gets confused with the 90's sci-fi Dark City but this one is a crime thriller where some crooks rip off a guy in a poker game. When he kills himself his brother comes after them for revenge.

Mr. Holland's Opus.

Never saw this before after all these years. Excellent movie and probably the most realistic film I've seen this year. Dreyfus was so believable I forgot he was playing a role.

Grade: A

Tremendous acting job, and an incredibly moving film. Dreyfus seems like an actor that didn't make enough movies...

Well considering his character was never even IN the book, nor was the woman-elf whatever her name was, they took quite a bit of artistic license. Pretty pitiful for a series of movies but also understandable since they tried to drag it out so far when the book really isn't that long.

I hated films 1 & 2 of the Hobbit series, but managed to enjoy the 3rd. You're right that the novel is short and that they added a lot to it. They took a bunch from the Silmarillion, added the elf leads, and that stupid White Orc. And of course everything was milked to death throughout the series. The original LOTR films were much better, I thought.
  • Like 1

I hated films 1 & 2 of the Hobbit series, but managed to enjoy the 3rd. You're right that the novel is short and that they added a lot to it. They took a bunch from the Silmarillion, added the elf leads, and that stupid White Orc. And of course everything was milked to death throughout the series. The original LOTR films were much better, I thought.

Yeah, by a million. :) Those books were just waiting for the technology to catch up enough to be able to do them justice.

• Like 1

Brian's Song,

The original. For an older movie it has its corny parts. But I love the friendship. Based on a true story. :cool:

One of my favorite films ever. Just beautiful.
  • Like 1

Mr. Holland's Opus.

Never saw this before after all these years. Excellent movie and probably the most realistic film I've seen this year. Dreyfus was so believable I forgot he was playing a role.

Tremendous acting job, and an incredibly moving film. Dreyfus seems like an actor that didn't make enough movies...

I had a look over on a Wikipedia just now and noticed Mr. Holland's Opus is the only film he's made in the last 20 years that I've seen. And even more surprising is that he's made 24 films over these last 20 years. Sure doesn't seem like he's made that many in that time.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Mr. Holland's Opus.

I had a look over on a Wikipedia just now and noticed Mr. Holland's Opus is the only film he's made in the last 20 years that I've seen. And even more surprising is that he's made 24 films over these last 20 years. Sure doesn't seem like he's made that many in that time.

I loved that movie! It's one of my favorites.

• Like 1

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/Fantastic-Four-Movie-Character-Banner_0.jpg

Don't waste your time.

:boo hiss:

I'll be wasting it, I mean I can't go on the word of one lone old geezer can I? :huh: Though I have heard it's crap and I hate the cast and they never seem to get these FF films right...

Edited by treeduck

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/Fantastic-Four-Movie-Character-Banner_0.jpg

Don't waste your time.

:boo hiss:

I'll be wasting it, I mean I can't go on the word of one lone old geezer can I? :huh: Though I have heard it's crap and I hate the cast and they never seem to get these FF films right...

All the previews I saw look like crap. You'd think Thor with all its mythology and Asgardian & 9 Realms monsters mingling with modern Earth would be the hardest story to pull off, NOT Fantastic Four.

I'm at least going to wait for DVD to check this one.