last movie you watched

sonicjams

Triple bill:

Evil_dead_ver1.jpgEvil_Dead_II_poster.jpgArmy_of_Darkness_poster.jpg

After this rewatch, I'm ready for Ash vs the Evil Dead :haz: Groovy!

• Like 6

http://i.imgur.com/ynuuFH5.jpg

Stephen Boyd's Messala was one of the greatest film performances I've ever seen. I cannot believe that Hugh Griffin, who played the Arab Shiek Ilderim, won the Best Supporting Actor Award, even though he was only present for a few scenes. Boyd was ROBBED, I tell ya.....

• Like 1

Stephen Boyd's Messala was one of the greatest film performances I've ever seen. I cannot believe that Hugh Griffin, who played the Arab Shiek Ilderim, won the Best Supporting Actor Award, even though he was only present for a few scenes. Boyd was ROBBED, I tell ya.....

I agree it was a powerful, fiery performance. Hugh's was no more than a solid cameo, one that wasn't as good as Herbert Lom's cameo villain as Ben Yusef in El Cid. I'm also surprised that Boyd didn't become a bigger star after that. Later on he died of a heart attack in 1977.

• Like 1

http://i60.tinypic.com/15gtlx0.jpg

This is now my favorite riffing they've ever done of a non popular movie. I was :rfl: constantly.

Where do you watch these?

I think I saw one riffing This Island Earth but I cannot remember where...

Saving Mr Banks.

So heartwarming my eyes kept urinating all over my cheeks.

Batman Begins.

Better the second time.

I thought it was really boring but I think it is a good start.

I am in the minority, The Dark Knight Rises is my favourite of the trilogy.

Saving Mr Banks.

I thought it was kind of cute but I kept waiting for something to happen.

Saving Mr Banks.

I thought it was kind of cute but I kept waiting for something to happen.

It is a subtle film. A lot happened but unlike most Hollywood movies it didn't throw it in the audiences face. One of my favourite movies in a long time!

http://i.imgur.com/0cTsRGG.jpg

Going for the classics lately? :)

Aye! :madra:

You always seem to fit the classics in there at least once a week anyway.

El Cid is brilliant.
  • Like 1

I just re-watched the True Grit remake. I absolutely love the movie in every respect, minus the way it ends. The story ip to that point is perfectly told and potrayed
  • Like 3

I just re-watched the True Grit remake. I absolutely love the movie in every respect, minus the way it ends. The story ip to that point is perfectly told and potrayed

Jeff Bridge's late career films are all well done. He's a treat to watch. I like the end of the remake though. The Coen's really did a great job on the film. Personally, I enjoyed the bargaining scenes with Mattie and the old guy. That was just crazy good.
  • Like 1

Jeff Bridge's late career films are all well done. He's a treat to watch. I like the end of the remake though. The Coen's really did a great job on the film. Personally, I enjoyed the bargaining scenes with Mattie and the old guy. That was just crazy good.

Yeah, pretty excellent stuff.

Bridges also gives a memorable performance in Crazy Heart. Check it if you haven't already.

• Like 2

Bridges also gives a memorable performance in Crazy Heart. Check it if you haven't already.

Got it. Man some of that movie is hard to watch. The ending was just about perfect

Got it. Man some of that movie is hard to watch. The ending was just about perfect

Totally. You just feel so bad for him continually f***ing up. As for the ending, yeah...perfect.

I like the original best. The Jeff Bridges remake seemed a little blah to me. The Duke makes it.

I like the original best. The Jeff Bridges remake seemed a little blah to me. The Duke makes it.

Really? John Wayne was playing John Wayne in that movie...which is one reason I can't seriously watch it.

Mattie is a terrific performance. For me, a lot of what makes the film so interesting is the juxtaposition of these rough characters and their use of the formal register when speaking. It really makes for interesting exchanges among the characters and with themselves.
  • Like 1

Really? John Wayne was playing John Wayne in that movie...which is one reason I can't seriously watch it.

Yeah, the original is a notoriously bad movie, despite Wayne's charm.

Mattie is a terrific performance. For me, a lot of what makes the film so interesting is the juxtaposition of these rough characters.

Yep...they did it right.

What about the ending soured you.