last movie you watched

sonicjams

Hotel Rwanda. What a gripping historical drama. Great stuff by Don Cheadle!

Grade: A

One of my favourite films, this is grossly underrated. I think it was one of THE GREAT movies of the noughties, it is just shame this modern world gets more excited by grown men in spandex than real drama. So many great dramas have been overlooked in the last fifteen years.

Agreed. I watched it with my wife a few years back, and we cried all the way through, even in the DVD extras!

Haven't seen the DVD extras. Should do.

Segue, I like those superhero movies with the dudes in spandex...some of them anyway. Good superhero movies aren't about the spandex. The great ones are focused on the characters and not the glitzy shit like the bad ones. Batman Begins: the character! Amazing Spider-Man 2: Glitzy shit.

But there've been plenty of terrible "real" dramas in film. And they've certainly been around longer than hero flicks. The genre doesn't matter to me. A great movie is a great movie. Not coincidentally, the last two flicks I saw and rated on here had Don Cheadle: Iron Man 2 (I gave it a "C" rating) & Hotel Rwanda.

Another good historical drama set in Africa in recent years was The Last King of Scotland. Forrest Whittaker was on fire!!! I'd probably rate that an "A" too.

I am definitely a fan of some of these superhero films. But the prevalence of them now is getting ridiculous, and it is getting harder and harder to actually tell them apart.

So many great drama's, hardly any buzz for them. It's awful.

Not trying to be testy but what superhero flicks have come out this year? Avengers 2 & Ant-Man. Anything else? (I honestly don't know because where I live MOST Hollywood flicks and North American indie films arrive late or not at all.) IF that's all, then two superhero films is hardly anything. Hell, even if TEN have been released this year it'd be few compared to essentially any other genre. How many horror, dramas, comedies, sci-fi, or action flicks have there been this year? Heaps more in each category that's for sure.

As far as great dramas recently, what are they? IF I have a favorite genre it'd be dramas. Shawshank Redemption, a drama, is my undisputed favorite movie of all time. Slumdog Millionaire is also up there too...although that might be put under romance. But, as I said before, I don't care too much for what genre something is.

Yes but have you seen the superhero lineups for the next few years? It is getting ridiculous.

And aside from the odd drama that catches the eye of the cinema crowds, most of the box office takings depend on sci-fi, fantasy or action franchises, animation and that is about it. Its all I have known growing up and I am definitley bored of it, especially as I get older and find myself longing to go to the cinema to see something as grand and intriguing as The Talented Mr Ripley, LA Confidential, Schindler's List or even the more recent (and deservedly acclaimed) Crash. But it really does seem that Hollywood itself is focusing less attention of great drama's, it has been a long while since I enjoyed one that wasn't littered with coarse humour, sex or profanity.

It isn't a swipe at superhero movies (often they appear to be better written and more moving than the majority of awards baiting films like the woefully overrated American Hustle), but there is a noticeable decline of great movies making a big splash that doesn't involve supernatural or paranormal activities.

On the other hand, TV drama's make up for it: Mad Men, Desperate Housewives, Nashville, Boardwalk Empire etc.

One of my favourite films, this is grossly underrated. I think it was one of THE GREAT movies of the noughties, it is just shame this modern world gets more excited by grown men in spandex than real drama. So many great dramas have been overlooked in the last fifteen years.

Agreed. I watched it with my wife a few years back, and we cried all the way through, even in the DVD extras!

Segue, I like those superhero movies with the dudes in spandex...some of them anyway. Good superhero movies aren't about the spandex. The great ones are focused on the characters and not the glitzy shit like the bad ones. Batman Begins: the character! Amazing Spider-Man 2: Glitzy shit.

But there've been plenty of terrible "real" dramas in film. And they've certainly been around longer than hero flicks. The genre doesn't matter to me. A great movie is a great movie. Not coincidentally, the last two flicks I saw and rated on here had Don Cheadle: Iron Man 2 (I gave it a "C" rating) & Hotel Rwanda.

Another good historical drama set in Africa in recent years was The Last King of Scotland. Forrest Whittaker was on fire!!! I'd probably rate that an "A" too.

I am definitely a fan of some of these superhero films. But the prevalence of them now is getting ridiculous, and it is getting harder and harder to actually tell them apart.

Not trying to be testy but what superhero flicks have come out this year? Avengers 2 & Ant-Man. Anything else? (I honestly don't know because where I live MOST Hollywood flicks and North American indie films arrive late or not at all.) IF that's all, then two superhero films is hardly anything. Hell, even if TEN have been released this year it'd be few compared to essentially any other genre. How many horror, dramas, comedies, sci-fi, or action flicks have there been this year? Heaps more in each category that's for sure.

As far as great dramas recently, what are they? IF I have a favorite genre it'd be dramas. Shawshank Redemption, a drama, is my undisputed favorite movie of all time. Slumdog Millionaire is also up there too...although that might be put under romance. But, as I said before, I don't care too much for what genre something is.

Yes but have you seen the superhero lineups for the next few years? It is getting ridiculous.

And aside from the odd drama that catches the eye of the cinema crowds, most of the box office takings depend on sci-fi, fantasy or action franchises, animation and that is about it. Its all I have known growing up and I am definitley bored of it, especially as I get older and find myself longing to go to the cinema to see something as grand and intriguing as The Talented Mr Ripley, LA Confidential, Schindler's List or even the more recent (and deservedly acclaimed) Crash. But it really does seem that Hollywood itself is focusing less attention of great drama's, it has been a long while since I enjoyed one that wasn't littered with coarse humour, sex or profanity.

It isn't a swipe at superhero movies (often they appear to be better written and more moving than the majority of awards baiting films like the woefully overrated American Hustle), but there is a noticeable decline of great movies making a big splash that doesn't involve supernatural or paranormal activities.

On the other hand, TV drama's make up for it: Mad Men, Desperate Housewives, Nashville, Boardwalk Empire etc.

3 of the 4 dramas you mentioned were from the 90s. Not that there's anything wrong with that but before you were specifically talking about good, recent dramas. Specifically about those: IMHO, Schindler's List was a masterpiece, L.A. Confidential was good but not great, Talented Mr. Ripley was interesting but boring in too many parts, Crash was ok but I think a bit forced. Great drama within recent years?----->Million Dollar Baby. Or if you want something really gritty & raw (but not made this century), check out the Newzie film Once Were Warriors.

And yeah I have seen the list of superhero films: Avengers 3 & 4, Cap 3, Thor 3, Batman vs Superman, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Is that all? That's still only 10 films over the next 3-4 years. List another 10 and it'd STILL only be 5-6 superhero flicks in a year over the next 3-4 years. That still wouldn't be many compared with (insert another genre here). But if you're simply talking about too many bullshit action movies out there then I'd agree ((cough:::Fast & Furious::cough)).

• Like 2

3 of the 4 dramas you mentioned were from the 90s. Not that there's anything wrong with that but before you were specifically talking about good, recent dramas. Specifically about those: IMHO, Schindler's List was a masterpiece, L.A. Confidential was good but not great, Talented Mr. Ripley was interesting but boring in too many parts, Crash was ok but I think a bit forced. Great drama within recent years?----->Million Dollar Baby. Or if you want something really gritty & raw (but not made this century), check out the Newzie film Once Were Warriors.

And yeah I have seen the list of superhero films: Avengers 3 & 4, Cap 3, Thor 3, Batman vs Superman, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Is that all? That's still only 10 films over the next 3-4 years. List another 10 and it'd STILL only be 5-6 superhero flicks in a year over the next 3-4 years. That still wouldn't be many compared with (insert another genre here). But if you're simply talking about too many bullshit action movies out there then I'd agree ((cough:::Fast & Furious::cough)).

The reason why I picked recent drama's from the nineties is because it is recent enough to be relevant to ask for more (I doubt we will ever see the likes of Brief Encounter, All About Eve, Gone With The Wind or Casablanca again), but distant enough to be able to say it looks more and more like a bygone era.

Clint Eastwood belongs to the old school, it would be too obvious to pick a film by him! But Changeling remains one of my favourite films of all time.

And yes, fewer superhero films than dramas, but it feels like many more because the media and the fans overwhelm the press and box office, and its like cinema is aimed squarely at teens, whilst adult cinema is becoming far too predictable and tame.

Again, it isn't a swipe at superhero films, its just that top notch drama feels sidelined from the cinema, although I guess the amount of great TV shows makes up for it.

Edited by Segue Myles

The reason why I picked recent drama's from the nineties is because it is recent enough to be relevant to ask for more (I doubt we will ever see the likes of Brief Encounter, All About Eve, Gone With The Wind or Casablanca again), but distant enough to be able to say it looks more and more like a bygone era.

Clint Eastwood belongs to the old school, it would be too obvious to pick a film by him! But Changeling remains one of my favourite films of all time.

And yes, fewer superhero films than dramas, but it feels like many more because the media and the fans overwhelm the press and box office, and its like cinema is aimed squarely at teens, whilst adult cinema is becoming far too predictable and tame.

Again, it isn't a swipe at superhero films, its just that top notch drama feels sidelined from the cinema, although I guess the amount of great TV shows makes up for it.

So you didn't pick Clint because it'd be "too obvious" YET you picked Schindler's List aka one of the most universally liked, critically acclaimed, great movies of the 90s? And when you meant "recent" and "overlooked films in the last 15 years" as you said in our previous posts, you actually wanted to talk about good movies from the 90s?! Dude I'm not a mind reader and your claim of too many superhero flicks is just incorrect (unless you actually dislike them).

• Like 1

So you didn't pick Clint because it'd be "too obvious" YET you picked Schindler's List aka one of the most universally liked, critically acclaimed, great movies of the 90s? And when you meant "recent" and "overlooked films in the last 15 years" as you said in our previous posts, you actually wanted to talk about good movies from the 90s?! Dude I'm not a mind reader and your claim of too many superhero flicks is just incorrect (unless you actually dislike them).

I picked Schindler's List because it is now two decades (and more) old. And what I mean by too many superhero films is this:

Two Superman reboots in less than ten years. (Two, pending sequel)

Two new Batman's. (Four films, including the next Superman film).

Two Spiderman franchises. (Five Films)

A lot of X Men films, including Wolverine spin offs. (Seven films)

Two Fantastic Four franchises, one just coming out. (Three films)

Rumours of another Spiderman related reboot.

Two Hulks, one leading into a convoluted Marvel Universe franchise.

Three Iron Man films.

Two Thor films.

Two Captain America films.

A new franchise in Guardians Of The Galaxy.

A LOT MORE FAILED FRANCHISE STARTERS:

Daredevil

Aeon Flux

Elektra

The first Hulk

Edited by Segue Myles

People see movies for different reasons. Nobody goes to see Fast & Furious part 29 to be moved or inspired. I haven't seen a Tim Burton film in the cinema since the 90s because I think he's uninteresting. I did watch the Sweeney Todd DVD because my friend had it...and it was tedious. But there's an audience for him so Burton goes on and on. But again, that's not entirely the film industry's fault for making bad movies. It's almost entirely the audience's fault for repeatedly supporting bad films.

Hell Segue, in another thread you were talking about listening to and liking some new One Direction song. If you can put up with that then surely you can put up with some cheeseball action flick that's released. Everything can't all be Schindler's List and Rush. :)

• Like 1

Overlooked films that should have done a lot better:

The Flowers Of War

Hotel Rwanda

The Last King Of Scotland

Never Let Me Go

Atonement

Far From The Madding Crowd

The Artist (this won acclaim but now lies forgotten)

Black Book

Changeling

War Horse

Dallas Buyers Club

People see movies for different reasons. Nobody goes to see Fast & Furious part 29 to be moved or inspired. I haven't seen a Tim Burton film in the cinema since the 90s because I think he's uninteresting. I did watch the Sweeney Todd DVD because my friend had it...and it was tedious. But there's an audience for him so Burton goes on and on. But again, that's not entirely the film industry's fault for making bad movies. It's almost entirely the audience's fault for repeatedly supporting bad films.

Hell Segue, in another thread you were talking about listening to and liking some new One Direction song. If you can put up with that then surely you can put up with some cheeseball action flick that's released. Everything can't all be Schindler's List and Rush. :)

But I get mocked for liking pop music, but somehow it's okay and cool to like commercial and soulless movies?

And they are soulless. Argue all you like, I know girls who would argue the same thing over an Ariana Grande single.

Tim Burton lost my interest so long ago (his last film I truly love came out years before I actually discovered him), I agree completely!

I was just looking at the posts in this thread...

treeduck 1783

invisible airwave 781

Rod in Rio 578

goose 408

Segue Myles 357

JohnnyBlaze 322

Babycat 321

EagleMoon 296

Your_Lion 243

Mr. Not 234

H. P. L. 231

Steevo 190

LyndseyG 156

Rushman14 109

The Analog Grownup 109

KW84 98

Tombstone Mountain 97

Test4VitalSigns 92

troutman 87

Turbine Freight 74

mazyyz 67

drbirdsong 65

OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan 64

Del_Duio 63

Enemy Within 77 57

Union 5-3992 47

Stormtron 45

condemned2bfree 45

ReGorLaTroy 43

calirush 42

Dr. Sheldon Cooper 41

Chicken hawk 34

ReRushed 31

presto123 31

Lost In Xanadu 30

USB Connector 29

librarian 28

Principled Man 28

pedro2112 27

jamie 27

greyfriar 27

ILSnwdog 26

hunter 26

workingcinderellaman 25

Unattractive Truth 23

PolarizeMe 23

OneLittleVictory 22

Rick N. Backer 21

Jack Aubrey 20

YYZumbi 20

Narps 20

By Tor 20

RushCanuck 17

ThatLightInYourEyes 17

HowItIs 16

Khan 16

BasqueNYC 16

lerxt1990 14

MrMiltonBanana 14

alphseeker 13

CMWriter 12

BeOhBe Bob 11

Fordgalaxy 11

metallithrax 11

priest_of_syrinx 11

1-0-0-1-0-0-1 11

Ya_Big_Tree 10

That One Guy 10

LittleRushmonkey 9

jefeltner11 9

WCFIELDS 9

micgtr71 9

Cygnus 2112 8

Invisible To Telescopic Eye 8

stone and a hard place 8

Xanadoood 8

circumstantial tree 8

JARG 8

hobo73 8

Queslington 7

Disembodied Spirit 7

MusicHead 7

Aikenrooster 7

nobodys hero 7

go2wrk@95974 7

Tom Sawyer 7

snowdogged 7

Cyclonus X-1 7

Boots 7

driven_to_xanadu 6

Sonatine 6

Amy Farrah Fowler 6

Lady April 6

softfilter 6

TheAccountant 5

CrossedSignals 5

KennyLee 5

crimsonfrippy 5

Cowtothesky 5

1 of the 7 5

Spindrift82 5

JohnRogers 5

JimboWTF 5

Tick 5

theredtamasrule 4

blueschica 4

substancewithoutstyle 4

furie 4

Liana 4

custom55 4

Virtualbob64 4

bluefox4000 4

VampireBiscuits 4

KenJennings 4

GeddyLeefan2112 4

waluigithewalrus 4

Lucas 4

tkdryan 4

Ancient Ways 4

burgeranacoke 4

liquidcrystalcompass 4

blackhawkrush 4

kkdalloway 4

Justin Case 4

Super25Smasher 4

danielmclark 4

bathory 4

Presto-digitation 4

sundog 4

bigalfan 3

The_Necromancer_77 3

PhilCastro 3

Alex 3

CygnusGal 3

liddybuck01 3

A rocket that ignites itself 3

Silas Lang 3

R2U1S1H2 3

ghostworks 3

Rutlefan 3

peter_heijnen 3

toymaker 3

vamp1227 3

Shredder2 3

sonicjams 3

Oracle 3

Queen of Megadon 3

Territorial_Game 3

Dude111 3

LakesideShark 3

Nate2112 3

HamiltonYYZ 3

FoxxiStarr 3

Hatchetaxe&saw 3

gudbuytjane 3

An Enemy Without 2

ReflectedLight 2

Pags 2

metaldad 2

default236 2

Ventris 2

gangsterfurious 2

EbolaSandwich 2

briremo 2

invisibleairwaves 2

AnalyticalEngine 2

BowlCity 2

rushfanNlv 2

Snaked 2

Retrospective 2

coolphantom190 2

Xanadu 2

Janie 2

Victoria's Ladder 2

laughedatbytime 2

t2s 2

Tor_Hershman 2

pjbear05 2

umoveme 2

NobodysHeroine 2

MeanMeanPride 2

On TheRoad To Adventure 1

Presto-a RUSH fan! 1

L3ander 1

The Owl 1

WorkingAllTheTime 1

1950 1

EmotionDetector 1

garbo 1

Satanpony 1

Animate 1

Maritza_Castro_Rivera 1

Brucey 1

grep 1

tel 1

boomshanka 1

rugen 1

D3strukt 1

vinciedaltrey 1

Tinwoodsman 1

Leanne 1

glezgared 1

jesse2112 1

hughes&kettner 1

Snorlax2112 1

Mara 1

BearFan 1

Closer to the Heart 1

You move me 1

Tony R 1

AFarewellToHemispheres 1

yaoi_myantidrug 1

Derxst 1

ALifeson85 1

GorillaStrangiato 1

Lerxster 1

MusicalAbby2112 1

Digital Dad 1

temporary madness 1

Fridge 1

MMCXII 1

Red Dwarf 1

2112FirstStreet 1

Capt starman 1

Merely Space 1

rushfanforever! 1

Inthend 1

Alchemical 1

iluvgeddy05 1

-D-RocK- 1

bigman208 1

Bytor and the Snow-Dog 1

xx2112xx 1

RUSHian62 1

sullysue 1

Blue J 1

Todem 1

vital signz 1

Sark 1

LedRush 1

J2112YYZ 1

thesweetscience 1

Tuesday's Gone 1

The Mighty Dudad 1

ArrowSnake 1

noisorroCmrotS 1

RushYesZeppelin 1

cfmoran13 1

lal90RushFan 1

I posted 321 times?! Good gawd! :o

I don't really know why I am supposed to care.

Do you babycat?

Edit: whoah! I am top five, and Treeduck posted just over a 1000 times more than the next dude or dudette! OK now I am fascinated. Numbers and lists woohoo!

I scrolled all the way to the bottom wondering where I was...scrolled back up and went "Holy crap!".

:LOL:

Shallow Hal, btw.

I picked Schindler's List because it is now two decades (and more) old. And what I mean by too many superhero films is this:

Three Iron Man films.

Two Thor films.

Daredevil

Aeon Flux

Elektra

The first Hulk

Your superhero argument just won't work. The list you mentioned covers from 2000-2016. How many did you list 40? 50? 60? That's still something like 2-4 a year. And as I said, compare it to any other genre. You KNOW there have been tons more than 60 in whatever genre in the last 16 years.

• Like 1

But I get mocked for liking pop music, but somehow it's okay and cool to like commercial and soulless movies?

And they are soulless. Argue all you like, I know girls who would argue the same thing over an Ariana Grande single.

Nope, you got me wrong. You're saying there have been too many superhero flicks. Compare that to any other genre and it's not that heavy an output. That was my point. You were complaining about soulless movies yet music has the same soullessness. You weren't complaining about 1D yet you're complaining about there not being enough deep movies.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Three Iron Man films.

Two Thor films.

Daredevil

Aeon Flux

Elektra

The first Hulk

Your superhero argument just won't work. The list you mentioned covers from 2000-2016. How many did you list 40? 50? 60? That's still something like 2-4 a year. And as I said, compare it to any other genre. You KNOW there have been tons more than 60 in whatever genre in the last 16 years.

The only reason my argument does not work is because you want to win it when I was open to mere discussion.

Three Iron Man films.

Two Thor films.

Daredevil

Aeon Flux

Elektra

The first Hulk

The only reason my argument does not work is because you want to win it when I was open to mere discussion.

Listen, all you have to do is not watch them, there's no need to do anything else. Just watch the films you like. There's tons of films out there that I don't like, I don't watch them or pay attention to the hype and hoopla, see it's really easy.

• Like 2

Three Iron Man films.

Two Thor films.

Daredevil

Aeon Flux

Elektra

The first Hulk

Listen, all you have to do is not watch them, there's no need to do anything else. Just watch the films you like. There's tons of films out there that I don't like, I don't watch them or pay attention to the hype and hoopla, see it's really easy.

:goodone:

Segue,

if you like historical dramas try to look up Matewan. It is a bit older and may be hard to find but very powerful and based on true events.

Here is the IMD link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093509/

Very well done and worth a watch

Thank you! Will look it up now.

• Like 1

Segue,

if you like historical dramas try to look up Matewan. It is a bit older and may be hard to find but very powerful and based on true events.

Here is the IMD link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093509/

Very well done and worth a watch

Thank you! Will look it up now.

Here is another overlooked classic Rosewood

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120036/

treeduck 1783

invisible airwave 781

Rod in Rio 578

goose 408

Segue Myles 357

JohnnyBlaze 322

Babycat 321

EagleMoon 296

Your_Lion 243

Mr. Not 234

H. P. L. 231

Steevo 190

LyndseyG 156

Rushman14 109

The Analog Grownup 109

KW84 98

Tombstone Mountain 97

Test4VitalSigns 92

troutman 87

Turbine Freight 74

mazyyz 67

drbirdsong 65

Del_Duio 63

Enemy Within 77 57

Union 5-3992 47

Stormtron 45

condemned2bfree 45

ReGorLaTroy 43

calirush 42

Dr. Sheldon Cooper 41

Chicken hawk 34

ReRushed 31

presto123 31

Lost In Xanadu 30

USB Connector 29

librarian 28

Principled Man 28

pedro2112 27

jamie 27

greyfriar 27

ILSnwdog 26

hunter 26

workingcinderellaman 25

Unattractive Truth 23

PolarizeMe 23

OneLittleVictory 22

Rick N. Backer 21

Jack Aubrey 20

YYZumbi 20

Narps 20

By Tor 20

RushCanuck 17

ThatLightInYourEyes 17

HowItIs 16

Khan 16

BasqueNYC 16

lerxt1990 14

MrMiltonBanana 14

alphseeker 13

CMWriter 12

BeOhBe Bob 11

Fordgalaxy 11

metallithrax 11

priest_of_syrinx 11

1-0-0-1-0-0-1 11

Ya_Big_Tree 10

That One Guy 10

LittleRushmonkey 9

jefeltner11 9

WCFIELDS 9

micgtr71 9

Cygnus 2112 8

stone and a hard place 8

Xanadoood 8

circumstantial tree 8

JARG 8

hobo73 8

Queslington 7

Disembodied Spirit 7

MusicHead 7

Aikenrooster 7

nobodys hero 7

go2wrk@95974 7

Tom Sawyer 7

snowdogged 7

Cyclonus X-1 7

Boots 7

driven_to_xanadu 6

Sonatine 6

Amy Farrah Fowler 6

Lady April 6

softfilter 6

TheAccountant 5

CrossedSignals 5

KennyLee 5

crimsonfrippy 5

Cowtothesky 5

1 of the 7 5

Spindrift82 5

JohnRogers 5

JimboWTF 5

Tick 5

theredtamasrule 4

blueschica 4

substancewithoutstyle 4

furie 4

Liana 4

custom55 4

Virtualbob64 4

bluefox4000 4

VampireBiscuits 4

KenJennings 4

GeddyLeefan2112 4

waluigithewalrus 4

Lucas 4

tkdryan 4

Ancient Ways 4

burgeranacoke 4

liquidcrystalcompass 4

blackhawkrush 4

kkdalloway 4

Justin Case 4

Super25Smasher 4

danielmclark 4

bathory 4

Presto-digitation 4

sundog 4

bigalfan 3

The_Necromancer_77 3

PhilCastro 3

Alex 3

CygnusGal 3

liddybuck01 3

Silas Lang 3

R2U1S1H2 3

ghostworks 3

Rutlefan 3

peter_heijnen 3

toymaker 3

vamp1227 3

Shredder2 3

sonicjams 3

Oracle 3

Queen of Megadon 3

Territorial_Game 3

Dude111 3

LakesideShark 3

Nate2112 3

HamiltonYYZ 3

FoxxiStarr 3

Hatchetaxe&saw 3

gudbuytjane 3

An Enemy Without 2

ReflectedLight 2

Pags 2

metaldad 2

default236 2

Ventris 2

gangsterfurious 2

EbolaSandwich 2

briremo 2

invisibleairwaves 2

AnalyticalEngine 2

BowlCity 2

rushfanNlv 2

Snaked 2

Retrospective 2

coolphantom190 2

Xanadu 2

Janie 2

Victoria's Ladder 2

laughedatbytime 2

t2s 2

Tor_Hershman 2

pjbear05 2

umoveme 2

NobodysHeroine 2

MeanMeanPride 2

Presto-a RUSH fan! 1

L3ander 1

The Owl 1

WorkingAllTheTime 1

1950 1

EmotionDetector 1

garbo 1

Satanpony 1

Animate 1

Maritza_Castro_Rivera 1

Brucey 1

grep 1

tel 1

boomshanka 1

rugen 1

D3strukt 1

vinciedaltrey 1

Tinwoodsman 1

Leanne 1

glezgared 1

jesse2112 1

hughes&kettner 1

Snorlax2112 1

Mara 1

BearFan 1

Closer to the Heart 1

You move me 1

Tony R 1

AFarewellToHemispheres 1

yaoi_myantidrug 1

Derxst 1

ALifeson85 1

GorillaStrangiato 1

Lerxster 1

MusicalAbby2112 1

Digital Dad 1

temporary madness 1

Fridge 1

MMCXII 1

Red Dwarf 1

2112FirstStreet 1

Capt starman 1

Merely Space 1

rushfanforever! 1

Inthend 1

Alchemical 1

iluvgeddy05 1

-D-RocK- 1

bigman208 1

Bytor and the Snow-Dog 1

xx2112xx 1

RUSHian62 1

sullysue 1

Blue J 1

Todem 1

vital signz 1

Sark 1

LedRush 1

J2112YYZ 1

thesweetscience 1

Tuesday's Gone 1

The Mighty Dudad 1

ArrowSnake 1

noisorroCmrotS 1

RushYesZeppelin 1

cfmoran13 1

lal90RushFan 1

Do you babycat?

Edit: whoah! I am top five, and Treeduck posted just over a 1000 times more than the next dude or dudette! OK now I am fascinated. Numbers and lists woohoo!

I scrolled all the way to the bottom wondering where I was...scrolled back up and went "Holy crap!".

Shallow Hal, btw.

"Holy crap!" is what I said too! :P

treeduck 1783

invisible airwave 781

Rod in Rio 578

goose 408

Segue Myles 357

JohnnyBlaze 322

Babycat 321

EagleMoon 296

Your_Lion 243

Mr. Not 234

H. P. L. 231

Steevo 190

LyndseyG 156

Rushman14 109

The Analog Grownup 109

KW84 98

Tombstone Mountain 97

Test4VitalSigns 92

troutman 87

Turbine Freight 74

mazyyz 67

drbirdsong 65

Del_Duio 63

Enemy Within 77 57

Union 5-3992 47

Stormtron 45

condemned2bfree 45

ReGorLaTroy 43

calirush 42

Dr. Sheldon Cooper 41

Chicken hawk 34

ReRushed 31

presto123 31

Lost In Xanadu 30

USB Connector 29

librarian 28

Principled Man 28

pedro2112 27

jamie 27

greyfriar 27

ILSnwdog 26

hunter 26

workingcinderellaman 25

Unattractive Truth 23

PolarizeMe 23

OneLittleVictory 22

Rick N. Backer 21

Jack Aubrey 20

YYZumbi 20

Narps 20

By Tor 20

RushCanuck 17

ThatLightInYourEyes 17

HowItIs 16

Khan 16

BasqueNYC 16

lerxt1990 14

MrMiltonBanana 14

alphseeker 13

CMWriter 12

BeOhBe Bob 11

Fordgalaxy 11

metallithrax 11

priest_of_syrinx 11

1-0-0-1-0-0-1 11

Ya_Big_Tree 10

That One Guy 10

LittleRushmonkey 9

jefeltner11 9

WCFIELDS 9

micgtr71 9

Cygnus 2112 8

stone and a hard place 8

Xanadoood 8

circumstantial tree 8

JARG 8

hobo73 8

Queslington 7

Disembodied Spirit 7

MusicHead 7

Aikenrooster 7

nobodys hero 7

go2wrk@95974 7

Tom Sawyer 7

snowdogged 7

Cyclonus X-1 7

Boots 7

driven_to_xanadu 6

Sonatine 6

Amy Farrah Fowler 6

Lady April 6

softfilter 6

TheAccountant 5

CrossedSignals 5

KennyLee 5

crimsonfrippy 5

Cowtothesky 5

1 of the 7 5

Spindrift82 5

JohnRogers 5

JimboWTF 5

Tick 5

theredtamasrule 4

blueschica 4

substancewithoutstyle 4

furie 4

Liana 4

custom55 4

Virtualbob64 4

bluefox4000 4

VampireBiscuits 4

KenJennings 4

GeddyLeefan2112 4

waluigithewalrus 4

Lucas 4

tkdryan 4

Ancient Ways 4

burgeranacoke 4

liquidcrystalcompass 4

blackhawkrush 4

kkdalloway 4

Justin Case 4

Super25Smasher 4

danielmclark 4

bathory 4

Presto-digitation 4

sundog 4

bigalfan 3

The_Necromancer_77 3

PhilCastro 3

Alex 3

CygnusGal 3

liddybuck01 3

Silas Lang 3

R2U1S1H2 3

ghostworks 3

Rutlefan 3

peter_heijnen 3

toymaker 3

vamp1227 3

Shredder2 3

sonicjams 3

Oracle 3

Queen of Megadon 3

Territorial_Game 3

Dude111 3

LakesideShark 3

Nate2112 3

HamiltonYYZ 3

FoxxiStarr 3

Hatchetaxe&saw 3

gudbuytjane 3

An Enemy Without 2

ReflectedLight 2

Pags 2

metaldad 2

default236 2

Ventris 2

gangsterfurious 2

EbolaSandwich 2

briremo 2

invisibleairwaves 2

AnalyticalEngine 2

BowlCity 2

rushfanNlv 2

Snaked 2

Retrospective 2

coolphantom190 2

Xanadu 2

Janie 2

Victoria's Ladder 2

laughedatbytime 2

t2s 2

Tor_Hershman 2

pjbear05 2

umoveme 2

NobodysHeroine 2

MeanMeanPride 2

Presto-a RUSH fan! 1

L3ander 1

The Owl 1

WorkingAllTheTime 1

1950 1

EmotionDetector 1

garbo 1

Satanpony 1

Animate 1

Maritza_Castro_Rivera 1

Brucey 1

grep 1

tel 1

boomshanka 1

rugen 1

D3strukt 1

vinciedaltrey 1

Tinwoodsman 1

Leanne 1

glezgared 1

jesse2112 1

hughes&kettner 1

Snorlax2112 1

Mara 1

BearFan 1

Closer to the Heart 1

You move me 1

Tony R 1

AFarewellToHemispheres 1

yaoi_myantidrug 1

Derxst 1

ALifeson85 1

GorillaStrangiato 1

Lerxster 1

MusicalAbby2112 1

Digital Dad 1

temporary madness 1

Fridge 1

MMCXII 1

Red Dwarf 1

2112FirstStreet 1

Capt starman 1

Merely Space 1

rushfanforever! 1

Inthend 1

Alchemical 1

iluvgeddy05 1

-D-RocK- 1

bigman208 1

Bytor and the Snow-Dog 1

xx2112xx 1

RUSHian62 1

sullysue 1

Blue J 1

Todem 1

vital signz 1

Sark 1

LedRush 1

J2112YYZ 1

thesweetscience 1

Tuesday's Gone 1

The Mighty Dudad 1

ArrowSnake 1

noisorroCmrotS 1

RushYesZeppelin 1

cfmoran13 1

lal90RushFan 1

Do you babycat?

Shallow Hal, btw.

"Holy crap!" is what I said too! :P

psssst baby...

:pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy:

Three Iron Man films.

Two Thor films.

Daredevil

Aeon Flux

Elektra

The first Hulk

Nonsense. I was and am discussing it. I state that 2-4 films per year in a particular genre aren't that many and you seem to believe it IS. Think about it. You do NOT think 2-4 dramas/horror films/comedies/action movies in a single year are too many do you? Of course not. Then why would you think that that many superhero films are too many (unless you actually don't like them)? I'm not even sure why you think I'm arguing. I do know that you still haven't replied to this "2-4" assertion despite saying it multiple times. And I've already said it's up to audiences anyway as treeduck pointed out similarly. Just don't watch them. I don't get the complaining. I think there are way too many crappy Will Ferrell films (basically all of them) but I'm not complaining that there are too many. A lot of people that aren't me love those movies so they're made. Simple.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Three Iron Man films.

Two Thor films.

Daredevil

Aeon Flux

Elektra

The first Hulk

Nonsense. I was and am discussing it. I state that 2-4 films per year in a particular genre aren't that many and you seem to believe it IS. Think about it. You do NOT think 2-4 dramas/horror films/comedies/action movies in a single year are too many do you? Of course not. Then why would you think that that many superhero films are too many (unless you actually don't like them)? I'm not even sure why you think I'm arguing. I do know that you haven't still haven't replied to this "2-4" assertion despite saying it multiple times. And I've already said it's up to audiences anyway as treeduck pointed out similarly. Just don't watch them. I don't get the complaining. I think there are way too many crappy Will Ferrell films (basically all of them) but I'm not complaining that there are too many. A lot of people that aren't me love those movies so they're made. Simple.

I know I just wish the rest of the years event movies were half as good as the superhero films, as I swear I think drama works best on TV ATM, and I am bored of superhero films and actually groan at them when I see them advertised.

As I said, my complaints have less to do about superhero films and more to do with the state of Hollywood at present.

• Like 1