last movie you watched

sonicjams

Gladiator.

Great, entertaining film. Still think Crouching Tiger should have won Best Picture that year though.

Crouching Tiger sucks if you actually enjoy real Asian cinema.

It caused a lot of confusion in China, as the audience felt this was a very poor example of the countries film making.

About as close to Chinese cinema as Disney's Mulan is to real anime.

House Of Flying Daggers took the Hollywood approach to Asian movie making and did it exceptionally better.

I hate Crouching Tiger.

"Crouching Tiger sucks if you actually enjoy real Asian cinema"...complete and utter rubbish. I've been living in Asia for over a decade and have seen my fair share of Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Filipino, (and a few Vietnamese) films. (I'd seen some before my move too). I enjoy some Asian films and I enjoy Crouching Tiger. I agree with your 2nd [which is matter of fact] and 3rd paragraphs though. Your 4th about "House of..." is simply a matter of opinion.

IMHO, Gladiator > Crouching Tiger...but I do enjoy both. And I CAN enjoy Asian films and STILL enjoy Crouching Tiger.

Because of this I am going to revisit this movie.

Gladiator.

Great, entertaining film. Still think Crouching Tiger should have won Best Picture that year though.

It caused a lot of confusion in China, as the audience felt this was a very poor example of the countries film making.

House Of Flying Daggers took the Hollywood approach to Asian movie making and did it exceptionally better.

I hate Crouching Tiger.

"Crouching Tiger sucks if you actually enjoy real Asian cinema"...complete and utter rubbish. I've been living in Asia for over a decade and have seen my fair share of Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Filipino, (and a few Vietnamese) films. (I'd seen some before my move too). I enjoy some Asian films and I enjoy Crouching Tiger. I agree with your 2nd [which is matter of fact] and 3rd paragraphs though. Your 4th about "House of..." is simply a matter of opinion.

IMHO, Gladiator > Crouching Tiger...but I do enjoy both. And I CAN enjoy Asian films and STILL enjoy Crouching Tiger.

That's cool. But if you think it sucks, that's cool too. But it sucking would have nothing to do with liking or not liking Asian cinema.

The best Asian movie I've ever seen is Hotaru No Haka (Graveyard of the Fireflies)...the original animated version. And it MIGHT be my favorite war movie to boot.

Gladiator.

I hate Crouching Tiger.

That's cool. But if you think it sucks, that's cool too. But it sucking would have nothing to do with liking or not liking Asian cinema.

The best Asian movie I've ever seen is Hotaru No Haka (Graveyard of the Fireflies)...the original animated version. And it MIGHT be my favorite war movie to boot.

Now that was an awesome movie.

• Like 1

300: Rise of an Empire

Gooey blood dripping from swords being swung in slow motion and a topless Eva Green sex scene. Yeah, that about sums up this brainless sequel. The first one was brainless too but at least it was fun. And much of that fun was in Gerard Butler...which this sequel lacked.

Rating: D

• Like 2

Watched both Hellboy movies with the kids. Those rule and I'd love a third one. Del Toro recently said if Pacific Rim 2 does well he'll get funding for another one, so here's hoping.

I liked that first one but I thought the second was just okay. Still, I'd check out a third if it ever came up.

Thought there was an idea kicking about in which Pacific Rim and Godzilla were going to be in a film together.

The Help

Gorgeous movie, feels very much like a nineties movie for some reason. Excellent performance from Emma Stone, who is more adorable and lovable here than in anything else I have ever seen her in.

• Like 1

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/images-6_1.jpeg

I was expecting a more supernaturally movie tbh....

Why? He's just a guy with guns.

I think the Punisher skull might make her think subconsciously of Ghost Rider.

Well there was that.... but also, there's a scene where we see the black dude in the distance and thry mention he's some kind of witchdoctor, so I thought maybe Frank would get resurrected from the dead or something.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/2015-07-26-19-39-58--1891215251.jpeg

I have never, ever seen this before and we bought it from Amazon.

Very good movie! Kathy Bates is excellent! :clap:

• Like 4

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/2015-07-26-19-39-58--1891215251.jpeg

I have never, ever seen this before and we bought it from Amazon.

Very good movie! Kathy Bates is excellent! :clap:

She is too good.

I cannot look at her in any movie now without thinking of how precious my healthy feet look and feel!

• Like 2

Well there was that.... but also, there's a scene where we see the black dude in the distance and thry mention he's some kind of witchdoctor, so I thought maybe Frank would get resurrected from the dead or something.

Ah. As bad as that Punisher movie is, it's still better than the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie and Punisher: War Zone. Three shots at Punisher and they can't get him right. But I'm guessing he'll be well done next year when he becomes a regular Daredevil Netflix character.

Ah. As bad as that Punisher movie is, it's still better than the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie and Punisher: War Zone. Three shots at Punisher and they can't get him right. But I'm guessing he'll be well done next year when he becomes a regular Daredevil Netflix character.

They should have had the Punisher appear in another film as a supporting character, I'm not sure he's a good enough character to carry a film. Which is probably why those films didn't work, along with general incompetence.

Watched both Hellboy movies with the kids. Those rule and I'd love a third one. Del Toro recently said if Pacific Rim 2 does well he'll get funding for another one, so here's hoping.

I liked that first one but I thought the second was just okay. Still, I'd check out a third if it ever came up.

Thought there was an idea kicking about in which Pacific Rim and Godzilla were going to be in a film together.

I liked the second one more, but I'm a sucker for all the creatures. I will say the first one was probably the better Hellboy movie, but I just really love Del Toro's visuals and the second one delivered more of that.

I've heard about the Pacific Rim/Godzilla crossover that's supposedly coming after both sequels. Could be cool if they don't f it up somehow. I didn't really like the newest Godzilla though.

They should have had the Punisher appear in another film as a supporting character, I'm not sure he's a good enough character to carry a film. Which is probably why those films didn't work, along with general incompetence.

War Zone was terrible but there's a scene where he shoots a parkouring guy with a rocket launcher mid jump. So it had that going for it.

I liked the second one more, but I'm a sucker for all the creatures. I will say the first one was probably the better Hellboy movie, but I just really love Del Toro's visuals and the second one delivered more of that.

I've heard about the Pacific Rim/Godzilla crossover that's supposedly coming after both sequels. Could be cool if they don't f it up somehow. I didn't really like the newest Godzilla though.

Haven't seen the latest Godzilla flick. And I didn't like Pacific Rim all that much. I'd much rather see a Del Toro Hellboy 3 than Godzilla Rim.

I was very pleasantly surprised by Hellboy 1 and ONLY saw it because whatshisname was Hellboy. Always liked him and his giant jaw.

War Zone was terrible but there's a scene where he shoots a parkouring guy with a rocket launcher mid jump. So it had that going for it.

I think Ray Stevenson did fine as Punisher, it's just that that movie was as dumb as dumb can be. He does a pretty good Volstagg in the Thor films too matter of fact.

duck, yeah Punisher IS best used a supporting character...which is how he'll be used in Daredevil Netflix. And I completely agree with the actor they're going with as Punisher.