last movie you watched

sonicjams

Shining (Kubrick). Has anyone seen the more recent version (mini-series)?

Was that the one with the Wings guy? If so, I didn't watch it because of that. I like him but it's hard to think of him as anything but Brian Hackett.

And Bridget Fonda's boyfriend in Single White Female. He even has a recurring role on this new show I've been watching called iZombie.

http://i.imgur.com/7kIS18G.jpg

Yup, that's him! Just remembered his name: Steven Weber. I saw him in Hamburger Hill 1-2 weeks ago and thought he was an odd choice there too...but I personally had already typecast him as the Wings bro since I saw that first. Ah well. Hard to imagine him chasing his skinny wife with an axe through the hotel.

55-Days-Peking.jpg

That looks a little bizarre, especially with those actors.

It's a bit of a slow epic. I saw it back in the 80's the first time. Heston is good and Niven but there's not a lot of story in it for a 2 and a half hour+ movie. And there's too many Chinese people portrayed by white western actors which gives it a cheap mikado kind of feel.

• Like 1

55-Days-Peking.jpg

That looks a little bizarre, especially with those actors.

It's a bit of a slow epic. I saw it back in the 80's the first time. Heston is good and Niven but there's not a lot of story in it for a 2 and a half hour+ movie. And there's too many Chinese people portrayed by white western actors which gives it a cheap mikado kind of feel.

That's about how I envisioned it from the poster.

220px-Enemy_mine.jpg

This looks like my kind of cheesy movie.

Any good?

Cheesy and dated...I think it´s right up your alley.

It's actually a good movie even though it is a bit dated, I agree.

"Mickey Mouse is a big dope!" - Jerry

Was that a line from the movie? It's been a long time since I've seen it.

Yeah. Dennis Quaid and Louis Gosset Junior (Jerry) are arguing and Jerry blurts that out.

Great movie!
  • Like 1

Inside Out

Lava was a gorgeous short. 10/10

This film, on my first viewing, was a phenomenal experience, and I really love it! So far, a cautious 9/10, but I suspect this will become my favourite Pixar in time (Ratatouille and The Incredibles are my equal favourites).

• Like 2

Rifftrax commentary and it's newest addition:

http://i58.tinypic.com/9tij5j.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/1z1wox2.jpg

I find Wes Anderson overrated mostly but some of his movies have moments, good story and charm. This has none of it. Worst movie of his yet. Nice too look at, though.

Iron Man 2. Haven't seen this since the cinema and it's still easily the worst of the three. But I can't really say it's bad given Iron Man, War Machine, and Black Widow. I did have some complaints though: (1) What the hell was with Sam Rockwell? Just a rubbish rendition of a non-threatening Justin Hammer, (2) Weak drunk party scene & War Machine vs Iron Man could've been much better, (3) Final battle...Whiplash vs Iron Man & War Machine was over so quickly. No drama.

Grade: C

• Like 1