1974 concert cd release

tel

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some loophole in the UK that allows for releases like this. I think they are known as "graymarket" releases.

Fortunately, this show is from a good source.

A few weeks back I found in the used bin what I thought was a legitimate live import release from Gentle Giant only to find out it was a mediocore audience bootleg (which is fine,but I'm not nearly as schooled about Gentle Giant recordings (and most other bands) as I am about Rush recordings so I likely wouldn't have paid what I did)

That said, I'll probably pick this up cheap somewhere even though I've got multiple sources of this recording already.

I'm definitely getting this one.

Anyone know when it will be released in the U.S.?

The setlist is awesome! yes.gif 2.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Aug 28 2011, 02:05 PM)
Did you mean to include this link?
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-live-album-1974/
biggrin.gif

OK, so that's not the bootleg with all the over-the-top delay/reverb that's been going around all these years, is it?

Don't spend money on this.It is the Fifth Order Of Angels boot that's been around for a long time.

I bet Rush would rather you download it for free than fork out the readies from some barrow boys who want to make a fast buck.

It is a great gig but it is still an illegal recording (selling on for profit) kind of deal. I know it was on the radio but it is still some shysters making a profit off a great band for very little outlay.

This period shows that RUSH are a true heavy metal band, the only difference is in 1974 Geddy and Alex were shameless in their wanton carefree metal abandon, yes they were happy to frolic about the stage fully aware and immensely proud of their heavy metal status.

You could say that they were heavy metal whores.

1022.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 21 2011, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Aug 28 2011, 02:42 PM)
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/best-alex-lifeson-rush-songs/

Wow, what a complete joke that list is.

No disagreement there. It said this in the profile about Matt Wardlaw (the writer of that article): "Matt enjoys...Cherone-era Van Halen and driving long distances to Night Ranger concerts." That says a lot.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 21 2011, 06:59 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 21 2011, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Aug 28 2011, 02:42 PM)
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/best-alex-lifeson-rush-songs/

Wow, what a complete joke that list is.

No disagreement there. It said this in the profile about Matt Wardlaw (the writer of that article): "Matt enjoys...Cherone-era Van Halen and driving long distances to Night Ranger concerts." That says a lot.

laugh.gif