The ultimate RUSH co headling tour would be?

rollthebones1963

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 6 2011, 06:13 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Jul 6 2011, 07:38 AM)
Top 3 Choices:

1. Van Halen
2. Iron Maiden
3. Black Sabbath

Rush would be the first band on every night

Rush would be the only band I'd see every night.. yes.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 5 2011, 09:21 PM)
the difficult thought for me about a co headlining tour is that both bands would play abbreviated single sets (2 hours versus 3 hours).

Anyway, since this isn't for real, I guess my ultimate tour would have both bands playing 2 sets for 3 hours each.

SO, I choose Pink Floyd.  Get Roger and David back together and unfortunately they would have to find someone for Richard's spot.

THIS!!!!!!!! goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Rush and Pink Floyd=blow everyones mind!

Then at the end they need to come and play an encore together!

Edited by Yokkov

Riverside.

In order of preference:

Genesis (Peter and Phil) ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Genesis (Phil)

Marillion (Fish)

Yes (Fragile lineup)

Yes (TFTO lineup)

Marillion (Hogarth)

Yes (90125 lineup)

The two bands would unite for extended versions of I Know What I Like, Market Square Heroes, or Roundabout. ohmy.gif

Edited by PariahDog

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jul 6 2011, 01:37 PM)
How about....

Rush!

A 3 hour oldies set followed by a 3 hour newer set!

So far, the ony sane response.

Personally, I love it the way it is now. Why would I want to waste my ears on an opener, or have to wait until the opener is over before going in? There is nobody else I want to see and hear when I'm going to a Rush show, in reality or fantasy. I never like openers (nothing against the band opening), I prefer to see the headliner with fresh ears. It's why I bought the ticket.

Now, Rush opening for Rush, that's different. smile.gif

QUOTE (Yokkov @ Jul 6 2011, 12:09 PM)
Rush and Pink Floyd=blow everyones mind!
Then at the end they need to come and play an encore together!

yes.gif goodpost.gif

Rush and Floyd on stage together... I think I would faint. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Just think, they could play a song like Shine On and Dave and Alex could alternate solos... drool1.gif

Or what about this, Rush, PF, and Genesis co-headlining, with Rush playing PF songs, Genesis playing Rush songs, and PF playing Genesis songs. smile.gif biggrin.gif

Rush and King's X!!! (King's X may not be as famous to people like Rush is... But, if they did a couple of shows together, it would be perfect for the people that are fans of both bands!) Edited by coolphantom190

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Jul 6 2011, 07:38 AM)
Top 3 Choices:

1. Van Halen
2. Iron Maiden
3. Black Sabbath

Which Sabbath? Lots of lineups to pick from. I doubt we'll ever see an Ozzy/Sabbath, and RJD Sabbath is out.

Since it's a hypothetical question I'd take RJD Sabbath over any of the others in the middle between Sabbath and Heaven & Hell. An Ozzy/Sabbath would be sweet to see though.

Tough call, but I think I'd pick a "Classic Era" Pink Floyd, they would play all of Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here.

I dislike opening acts. I have yet to see a concert where I enjoyed the opening act. The only thing I regret missing is the Metallica/GnR tour. There was no opening there, just two headliners.

If no opener wasn't an option, I would want Yes to tour with them. I think their music would flow well with the concert.

QUOTE (01GT Eibach @ Jul 7 2011, 04:31 PM)
An Evening with Rush
with special guest Jeff Beck

Yes, this would be nice. Especially if Vinnie Colaiuta is still playing drums with him. I love the audience shots in Live At Ronnie Scott's "oh hey, look there's Robert Plant"

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 7 2011, 03:50 PM)
The only thing I regret missing is the Metallica/GnR tour. There was no opening there, just two headliners.

I saw a Metallica/GnR tour with Faith No More as an opener, 92 I think. Did they do two tours together?

At least I think I saw Faith No More with them? Some things during that time period are a little dim, I know the show was at Three Rivers Stadium and also that it rained all during Faith No More and Metallica.. at least I think that's what I remember. confused13.gif

I dislike opening acts. I have yet to see a concert where I enjoyed the opening act. The only thing I regret missing is the Metallica/GnR tour. There was no opening there, just two headliners.

If no opener wasn't an option, I would want Yes to tour with them. I think their music would flow well with the concert.

There were opening acts on the GNR/Metallica tour ... which I went to, BTW. It was AMAZING. But I was lucky to catch Guns on a good night (the Seattle show). Some nights (like the Bay Area gig) went very wrong. Openers were either Public Enemy or Motorhead. In Seattle, we got Motorhead ... who were great, too.

QUOTE (01GT Eibach @ Jul 7 2011, 08:25 PM)

There were opening acts on the GNR/Metallica tour ... which I went to, BTW. It was AMAZING. But I was lucky to catch Guns on a good night (the Seattle show). Some nights (like the Bay Area gig) went very wrong. Openers were either Public Enemy or Motorhead. In Seattle, we got Motorhead ... who were great, too.

I'm not fond of Openers because they are usually crappy bands nobody's ever heard of and I usually stay outside thinking "could those fools have picked a crappier band to open for them? how unprofessional..." At least Motorhead is decent...or was at some point.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 7 2011, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (01GT Eibach @ Jul 7 2011, 08:25 PM)

I'm not fond of Openers because they are usually crappy bands nobody's ever heard of and I usually stay outside thinking "could those fools have picked a crappier band to open for them? how unprofessional..." At least Motorhead is decent...or was at some point.

Generally, I agree. But there have been some exceptions.

I saw The Alarm open for U2.

I saw X open for Pearl Jam.

And the last time we saw Porcupine Tree they had Karnivool play first, and they were quite good.

It can happen.

I don't think I've ever liked anyone who opened for Rush though....like Mister Big. WTF??

laugh.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 8 2011, 05:50 AM)
I dislike opening acts. I have yet to see a concert where I enjoyed the opening act.

That sucks. Primus opening for Rush in '92 was awesome. Then Candlebox opening for Rush in '94 was surprisingly (to me) good. King's X opening for Living Colour about 20 years ago was pretty memorable too. I'm sure there've been more but those are the standouts.

As far as co-headlining, Pink Floyd seems like the best choice.

As far as good opening acts go, I saw Muse open for U2 in '09 and it was absolutely legit.

As for Rush, I think I'd have a joy-gasm if The Mars Volta toured with them. And if both bands had a jam session...oh man...imagine a La Villa Strangiato jam with TMV...Omar and Alex trading off solos...That'd be incredible.

QUOTE (rollthebones1963 @ Jul 8 2011, 10:33 AM)
i never heard of bands like porcupine,x,or helix!

drop down into the music of the spheres and check out the Porcupine Tree thread.

they are a newer group thats well worth checking out. stellar songwriting, musicianship and production work. they actually have been around for years but are still relatively unknown.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jul 6 2011, 01:37 PM)
How about....

Rush!

A 3 hour oldies set followed by a 3 hour newer set!

We have a winner! applaudit.gif

I prefer my Rush pure and unadulterated. It does not even get in my mp3 rotations. When I listen to this band I want to LISTEN to them.

Although I do kind of like the Rush/Duran Duran/ cougars idea.