BRING BACK WINTER! I hate summer. . .

Mara

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to my wife, we got our 12' Intex blow up pool (and a "solar" pool cover) and have only had water in it for a couple days and it already feels close to 75. 100F days are coming, and I'm happy. Took a nice soak n splash after work today, and no longer cared that it's hot, and no longer cared that it's killing a big circle of grass and am looking forward to increased blistering heat. To loosely quote Bueller, "It is so choice. If you have the means and a spot for it, I highly recommend picking one up." Ahh Summer cool.gif

They said it may get up to 100 degrees in some parts of Western New York.

Rochester hasn't hit 100 degrees since 1951.

Of course it's better than our winters, but I still wouldn't mind seeing fall come now eh.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 20 2011, 09:05 PM)
They said it may get up to 100 degrees in some parts of Western New York.

Rochester hasn't hit 100 degrees since 1951.

Of course it's better than our winters, but I still wouldn't mind seeing fall come now eh.gif

I'll take the tempurature's we get around here in the winter over a 100 degree day every time.

I'm born and raised in Buffalo, NY. It's not supposed to be this hot dammit wink.gif

OC NY 95 degrees - feels like 105.

only 50% humidity. and there's a breeze....a big hot jello breeze tongue.gif

Okay, I'll concede that it's gross when the customers come in and the sweat's soaked through their clothes. But they're still in a better mood than they were during the winter.

The Norwegian relatives said (last night) it's been very chilly over there this summer and they're glad for the warmth. Bet after today they'll go home and say *whew*!

Carrier Corporation used to manufacture air conditioners in Syracuse back in the day...not anymore. Awful.

firedevil.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 21 2011, 11:17 PM)
What is this mythical thing called "summer" of which some of you speak? wink.gif

No kidding!

Up here in the Seattle area, we've had less than an hour of 80+ degrees. And less than a day of 70+ degrees. unsure.gif

Its 2:05 here in Orange County NY and the temp according to AOL is 97 degrees with a heat index of 450.

I mean 115. poke me with a fork, I'm done laugh.gif

Just seeing if anyone is paying attention...or cares

QUOTE (librarian @ Jul 22 2011, 01:08 PM)
Its 2:05 here in Orange County NY and the temp according to AOL is 97 degrees with a heat index of 450.

I mean 115. poke me with a fork, I'm done laugh.gif

Just seeing if anyone is paying attention...or cares

Looks like the heat that was over the Midwest has finally tracked East. I'm so sorry.... I felt so bad for the guys cutting down trees in my backyard on a day like that.

Good lord. It actually hit 76 here today. Took the wife for a ride on the bike. If summer starts now, I hope it lasts through October.

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jul 25 2011, 01:11 AM)
Good lord. It actually hit 76 here today. Took the wife for a ride on the bike. If summer starts now, I hope it lasts through October.

I think you Washingtonians of the Pacific Northwest have exactly the same climate as we do in the UK (from what I can gather).

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 25 2011, 12:59 PM)
http://hackedirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/epic-win-photos-apropos-sign-win.jpg

Things are finally getting back to normal around here, huh IL??

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 25 2011, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 25 2011, 12:59 PM)
http://hackedirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/epic-win-photos-apropos-sign-win.jpg

Things are finally getting back to normal around here, huh IL??

Thank God! Still humid though. At least it doesn't feel like Miami anymore.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 25 2011, 06:06 PM)

Supposed to hit 98 today! th1245.gif Hopefully more thunderstorms tonight to cool off!

Me like thunderstorms.. saw a pretty cool vid on YouTube last night, of the Montreal Tower getting a pretty good zapping.

I taught a survival course the other day with a heat index of 120ish. We drank plenty of water but still felt like crap. Also it was so humid it took us 20 mins. to get a fire going!

was in philly last friday. when i left the bar at 1am it was freaking 100 degrees out with a dew point of 80 degrees. it was like being in an oven. never felt heat like that in my entire life. it was intense. fall can't get here fast enough. i would like to go outside soon.