Neil to be on Letterman..

liddybuck01

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Shaffer i read ( TRF or Cleveland.com ) is on the HOF selection committee and not a fan of Rush. wink.gif

Sheila E? What makes her worthy? Remember her after 80's crazed Prince influenced singing career went down the toilet, On the short lived embarrassment Magic Johnson show she acted like she was still on tour doing a concert and every little drum cut away before commercial break she would sign off "THANK YOU GOOD NIGHT!!!" laugh.gif Mad tv did a excellent spoof of the Magic show showing actress doing it just like Shelia, good stuff!!

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jun 6 2011, 12:21 AM)
Paul Shaffer i read ( TRF or Cleveland.com ) is on the HOF selection committee and not a fan of Rush. wink.gif

Hard to believe a well-rounded musician like Paul Shaffer doesn't at least appreciate a band like Rush.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 6 2011, 12:28 AM)
Paul Shaffer i read (  TRF  or Cleveland.com ) is on the HOF selection committee and not a fan of Rush. wink.gif

Hard to believe a well-rounded musician like Paul Shaffer doesn't at least appreciate a band like Rush.

Yea, I don't belive PS could have, or ever has, said anything negative about Rush, or any Musical act. He not that kind of person, but it's not like I know him personally, just impression I've gotten from watching him on Letterman, nightly, for the last 30+ yrs.

NeilFinal.gif on Letterman . . . . sweet combo for me, been following both for my whole adult life.!

biggrin.gif

Paul Shaffer i read (  TRF  or Cleveland.com ) is on the HOF selection committee and not a fan of Rush. wink.gif

I think Shaffer is into the blues type stuff, Blues Brother etc, more than the clinical Prog style. He was in the Blues Brothers, and the SNL house band. I recall reading an interview where he bad mouthed Rush. I'm surprised he is allowing Neil to do this.

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jun 6 2011, 08:25 AM)
I bet that Neil would only do this if there is also time to plug his new book 653.gif

DING DING DING DING - we have a winner!

I'm surprised that this thread had to get to the 4th page before someone figured it out.

The European leg of the tour was planned around Neil being back for the Letterman taping and the opportunity for him to plug the new book. Yes... it's good to be the KING.

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Jun 6 2011, 06:41 AM)
Paul is a Canadian and I doubt he dislikes Rush. 2.gif

Because Everyone in Canada must like Rush . eh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 6 2011, 03:44 PM)

Isn't that in their constitution?

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Jun 6 2011, 03:38 PM)
The European leg of the tour was planned around Neil being back for the Letterman taping and the opportunity for him to plug the new book.

I really think every Rush fan knows he has a book out by now. Does anyone really think he is going to sell More books after this t.v. spot ? Those who have no idea who he is will be like "Honey, look, Tom Hanks plays the drums" laugh.gif

QUOTE (zogoto @ Jun 6 2011, 04:46 PM)

Isn't that in their constitution?

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 6 2011, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Jun 6 2011, 03:38 PM)
The European leg of the tour was planned around Neil being back for the Letterman taping and the opportunity for him to plug the new book.

I really think every Rush fan knows he has a book out by now. Does anyone really think he is going to sell More books after this t.v. spot ? Those who have no idea who he is will be like "Honey, look, Tom Hanks plays the drums" laugh.gif

He has a new book?

Letterman just announced Neil will be on the show Thursday June 9th. Set your DVR'S/PVR'S! Letterman even pronounced Neil's last name "Pert" & Paul quickly corrected Dave & said, "I think he pronounces it Peart, Dave". Edited by gestet2112

Watched Anton Fig's solo tonight. It was good. A tad repetitive at times, a little uneventful at times, very impressive at others. Tomorrow night, Sheila E.

For those who don't want to see or DVR the whole show, the solo was the very last thing. The show is an hour and two minutes long, and it ends at 37 minutes past the hour every night, so allow for that.

Just because I'm American, I don't have to like Bon Jovi do I?? eyesre4.gif tongue.gif

He can't stand them. Just because he is Canadian doesn't mean he loves them or even likes them. Do you think Randy Newman and Gordon Lightfoot like Rush? How about Bachman, Turner Overdrive? rofl3.gif

Most "real" musicians who can't stand Rush, are the kind that will never be as great as them on their respective instruments. Just sayin'.

Rush do what they do best on their instruments, and I can't really think of better players.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 7 2011, 06:31 AM)
Most "real" musicians who can't stand Rush, are the kind that will never be as great as them on their respective instruments. Just sayin'.
Rush do what they do best on their instruments, and I can't really think of better players.

I disagree.

I think it's the perceived lack of emotion from Rush. They dont have any " soul", and musicians , like Shaffer, hate that. I can see where they they are coming from, but dont agree with it completely.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jun 7 2011, 02:06 AM)

Just because I'm American, I don't have to like Bon Jovi do I?? eyesre4.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif